Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs players off contract this and next year.[URL='https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/lachlan-burr/']
2018 off contract. Lachlan Burr
, Tom Carr, Mason Cerruto, Josh Cleeland, Greg Eastwood, Asipeli Fine, Matt Frawley, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Rhyse Martin, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Clay Priest, Zac Woolford

2019 off contract. Fa'amanu Brown[/URL], Danny Fualalo, Michael Lichaa, Ofahiki Ogden, John Olive, Reimis Smith, Francis Tualau

Players must be sacked or retired.
Move on the majority of the above.

Neil Henry as a coach candidate.

Dean pay has inherited and side damaged and torn apart by Des Hasler. In order to be a successful Nrl side in this day of age you need fast backs, modern day tier of forwards and a strong bench. People argue that pay must implement a suitable gameplan and incorporate his promised dogs of war mentality back into the side. Which undoubtably is true and as a rookie coach he is failing to meet these requirements.

Furthermore, the next few rounds will determine Pays ability to coach. Pay has learnt from Stuart inadvertently leading to pay having a similar gameplan and influence on the players. Apon arrival he stated that we would see a revolutionaried gameplan full of MADNESS. He must be given a year to improve and shape this side. IMO people reactions are nothing short of outrageous. It is clear that the club is going through a bad period so why set such high expectations. Were a club that has been through thick and thin and will hold that trophy once again. Criticise me but I have watched this club for years upon years and I can asure you this premiership drought will come to an end.

2019 is going to be a year where we need to get I.N.V.O.L.V.E.D in the transfer market and get some key signing and also sell some players.

An example of a side for 2020.

1. Mbye
2. David Fusitua'a
3. Tom opacic
4. Brian Kelly
5. Mansour
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Kieran Foran
8. Klemmer
9. Apisai Korisou
10. Junior Paulo
11. Coen Hess
12. RFM
13. Josh Jackson

14. James Fisher - Harris
15. Cameron Murray
16. Tim Glasby
17. Ata Hingano? is that the one i'm thinking of. Idk lol
You’re jokes mg right? Nice to dream boy!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, completion rates. There is still some work there but errors have been down. Problem is when we have a couple of errors then it just landslides into a mass of errors.

I put it down to years of Des. We're still lacking confidence.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching Leeson Ah Mau this season, he's a hard head that would be welcomed into our team.

Would definitely bolster our bench at least...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okay before anyone says anything, I know the 2018 season hasn’t even started yet but these are some of my favorite topics to see people’s opinions on especially when you consider that we will have atleast 2.3 million to play with but maybe even up to just under 3 million. And it will be Pays chance to build a squad that he likes, So who would you guys like to see wear the blue and white in 2019?

Some good players that are available are:

Josh Papalii too lazy & too expensive
Aiden Sezer we have a game manager in Foran, we need spark in the halves
Junior Paulo yep
Kane Elgey - at the right price
Felise Kaufusi yep
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck nope - have Moses
Brock Lamb - at the right price
Lachlan Coote nope
Ethan Lowe yep at the right price
Michael Morgan absolutely
Justin O’Neil nope
Josh Mansour will be too expensive for a winger
Joesph Manu touched - does not defend well at all. Up there with Abbey

Even though we signed Cogger I still included a few half’s in there because you just never know with injuries or with Forans personal issues. Hopefully Foran has put these things behind him but if he hasn’t and we need another half then don’t be surprised if Pay goes after Lamb to reunite Lamb/Cogger in the half’s because he coached them together for the junior Nsw team. Also a lot of this depends on how Mbye goes at Fullback, if he fires then we can focus on other players but if he flops then we have to give everything we have to get RTS.

If Mbye fires and Foran recovers he’s past form then I’d like us to go after;

One of:
1. Joesph Manu we already have people who can't tackle
2. Josh Mansour

One of:
1. Papalii sniper & overrated
2. Lowe

And as well as Junior Paulo because I think Pay likes the type of player he is.

Even after these signing we would have around a million to play with but can just stay in the bank and chase another superstar the year after.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching Leeson Ah Mau this season, he's a hard head that would be welcomed into our team.

Would definitely bolster our bench at least...
He can also be a lesson to be patient with some of the blokes in ISP. Ah Mau has been a plodder for the last few seasons at the Dragons and has finally got some confidence and playing well in NRL.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He can also be a lesson to be patient with some of the blokes in ISP. Ah Mau has been a plodder for the last few seasons at the Dragons and has finally got some confidence and playing well in NRL.
Yeah agree mate, he's been a late bloomer that's for sure.

It's also one of those things that the Dragons can do no wrong at the moment, confidence is a big thing and masks otherwise unseen issues...to a certain degree.

Maybe that's what Tualau and Fualolo can hope for if they get dropped - a bit of patience?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a mil to spend in the cap in this year. And Marsters was a huge Benji fan growing up, soooooooooo...............
Yeah but you need that to sign some quality backrowers..

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What is problem with Hoppa?
He's run more meters than Mybe if you didn't know.
2nd most tackle busts.
I actually don’t mind hoppa as a player. But knowing he gave up Sunday’s off and signed a new contract with Des in charge who signed mbye, woods, Eastwood and tolman on big deals I wouldn’t expect it to be a reasonable contract our way.

Wasn’t it reported bozza was on around 650k? Ferguson, mansour and gela-mosby wouldn’t have been on that much combined :p so I doubt hoppa would be on sub 400 if Hasler was cutting the Cheques.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously guys.. can someone with a decent honest opinion tell me how long it’s going to take to get out of this situation? Also when are we going to see a bulldogs team that’s as balanced an as consistent as the likes of the dragons etc.. I only Want to hear a genuine opinion, not abusive or sarcastic!
Our premiership window will open in 2020.

The next 2 yrs should be a rebuilding yrs and Pay should rotate the team as mush as he can this yr and raid the market for next yr for 2020. Try players in different positions and bring in plenty of reserves and get them NRL experienced quickly.

Its weird saying but we need to be thinking about getting a premiership not that win every week.

My opinion... 2020 premiership team

Mbye
Mansour / Mosby / Fusitua or any other gun
Hoppa
Marsters
Montoya
Foran
Coggar
Woods
Lichaa
Klem
RFM
Lowe
Jacko

Ah Mau
Ogden
To'omaga
Okunbor
Marshall-King
Lewis

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He also helps that he's playing in a team that's flying atm. If he was playing for us or Parra then people would probably be bagging him lol.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our premiership window will open in 2020.

The next 2 yrs should be a rebuilding yrs and Pay should rotate the team as mush as he can this yr and raid the market for next yr for 2020. Try players in different positions and bring in plenty of reserves and get them NRL experienced quickly.

Its weird saying but we need to be thinking about getting a premiership not that win every week.

My opinion... 2020 premiership team

Mbye
Mansour / Mosby / Fusitua or any other gun
Hoppa
Marsters
Montoya
Foran
Coggar
Woods
Lichaa
Klem
RFM
Lowe
Jacko

Ah Mau
Ogden
To'omaga
Okunbor
Marshall-King
Lewis
Awesome mate, Good thinking outside the box and About the future.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually don’t mind hoppa as a player. But knowing he gave up Sunday’s off and signed a new contract with Des in charge who signed mbye, woods, Eastwood and tolman on big deals I wouldn’t expect it to be a reasonable contract our way.

Wasn’t it reported bozza was on around 650k? Ferguson, mansour and gela-mosby wouldn’t have been on that much combined :p so I doubt hoppa would be on sub 400 if Hasler was cutting the Cheques.
While none of us know, i would say more like $500k.
Certainly less than the Morris boys.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good players but your missing a rep and 3 out of those 4 always break down.
If it ain't broke, why fix it? We need some more backline players first. A center, a winger and a fullback.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Name me some good young talent in the club, if they have not worked out how to tackle by 20 then there a dud. Ya cant break young fellas in if there not good enough, and lewis is not that good, playing first grade when they just dont have it isnt going to make them better. There is no one better in reserve grade then in our first grade side. Unless we have a couple in the juniors that are stars then bring them in now, but i bet u cant name 3 players in the club that will even play 50 first grade games that are not already in first grade. Pay needs to clean out like stuart did at eels before we can even think about recruiting young talent cause why would they want to come play here if there any good. These useless bastards in first grade now that are shit are what we brought through the system and there shit. So what, we do a parramatta and dont worry about succces. The only players that come through our system are small slow shit wingers that dont understand the game at all. Are u not sick of that crap already. Morris boys are at end of carier, hoppa too slow, montoya is worse than any of them, rfm klemmer and jackson are the only first grade forwards we have. So yeah clean em out and start from scratch. That simple then dicking around with a junior system that is also stuffed, it needs an over haul too. For what ive read on here there are no future first graders in the juniors, so how many wooden spoons do u need to cook a shit stew.
Exactly right and 100% agree. We have given juniors a go in the last 4 years and produced fuckin rubbish. We do not have the same system we used to have and more than likely never get it back.

Every good junior has left because the club is too stupid to look after them and give them a decent offer to stay like sezer and the rest that have gone on to become stars.

So if the club wants any chance at finals l alone
top 8 we need to recruit talent not wanna bed and has beens.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
is that a surprise to anyone. management should have torn up woods contract and kept graham. what any half minded person would have done. but no we got rid of graham our defence machine and got a stupid tall **** who has no idea. he talks more rubbish in media then he performs and he will never live up to his own hype he thinks he can dominate. lol yea right
They still should rip it up, the lazy fuck has done nothing spectacular. My grandmother would break more tackles and gain more metres then the dud.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Islanders are wonderful people. They are wonderful athletes. But they dont all make wonderful footballers. Their biggest drawback
is their distinct lack of stamina. If you choose to recruit more Islanders, then only get them to play in the backs.
Taulau, Fualolo, Fine,Toomaga, Okunbar, Ogden, etc, are not top class forwards.
I know someone will try and put a racist slant on this, but thats not what its about. More carrots and less coconuts are needed.
Not dissing you here but that’s exactly what I’m talking about I.e Vutavalu. Those forwards you mentioned are useless asses and I wouldn’t shit in their mouth if they were hungry that’s how disgraceful they are as players if you can call them one.

We need mongrel forwards with toughness stamina and offload which we do not have period. Wrecking balls like Boyd, Napa and Tomalalo all play with heart passion and offload something greatly missing in our forwards.