Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as a painful reminder of the last time you really saw Dogs of War

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got bad last few games prior to that we were one of the best defensive teams
Incorrect... got good last few games .. defence was poor all year

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we can probably let go of everyone off contract. No point to over pay for any of them.

Problem is Tolman and hoppa. Both over priced. If you can clear those players. Replace them with some decent prospect. Then get a decent 5/8 and a few decent speedy backs the team is balanced. A impact forward off the bench wouldn’t hurt either.

Our problem is we have millions tied up in forwards (tolman, Jackson, woods, Klemmer, would have to all be in the top 10-15 paid forwards in the game. Which is too much for 1 team). Woods was a mistake. Especially when we have been outmuscled and out grinded in every game.

To be honest there is no easy fix. I think pay has done the best he could with recruitment. He should have gotten rid of Tolman before his injury if there was suitors after him. If the sezer rumour was true then we stuffed up there

Atleast Mbye is doing a decent job running the ball back to justify his 850k price tag. But why he defends in the line is beyond me. Definitely teething issues. And I’m not too sure who our halves or back coach is. But Mbye needs someone experienced to mentor him. Because he has the speed and agility. Just needs better positioning and that comes with game time and experience and coaching. Doubt pay (former prop) can get him there on his own.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the people saying Pay must go have rocks in their heads. IT'S BEEN 5 MATCHES YOU IDIOTS. WAIT until he rebuilds the team and see who he signs and releases before making any judgement. He has completely inherited a side that Des put together. Now is his time to start making changes. FFS you don't inherit a team and expect to change them overnight.
People on here don't understand the concept that its largely the 17 blokes that take the field that determine the result. A few lazy efforts, poor execution and a silly penalty and you can find yourself down 20 nil but somehow the coach is always the scapegoat

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We need a dynamic hooker, JMK can't get away with being solid every week...he is in a key position and needs to setup trys. Eastwood will be shit in the next couple of games as usual..
How do you know? Hes played 3 games. How exactly do you know what he will be capable of with more experience. You are speaking out your ass

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
People calling for a whole new team make me lol. Mighbt be easier for you guys to just change teams, then voila! New team!

I agree a few good signings here or there may help if none of the juniors kick on this year, but a whole new team, hahahahaha

Thing that gets me is the same people calling for this are all "why dont we give some up and coming players a go? Why dont the juniors get anywhere at our club and leave? (i.e Seizur)".

Then the young guys are given a go, and uniformly thier defence is poor at first, and after 2 ro 3 games the same nuffs want them gone. Pay is damned if he does, damned if he doesnt here.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a better 5/8. Foran can't do it on his own.

- 1 5/8
- 1 damaging prop
-1 1 2nd rower
-1 wing and centre.
We need a halfback,Foran is a 5/8 & a damn good one provided he has a decent foil a la DCE, Shaun Johnston.

We need a coaching staff to develop players eg Reimis Smith, Okunbur, Toomaga, Wakeham, etc.
You can’t just buy your way out of this mire.
We’re not exactly a club players want to come to now, not like the past.

Cowboy campbell

Waterboy
Reaction score
The exact turning point of the game last nite was Woods dropping the ball when we were on the attack near the Raiders try line
The exact turning point was 7 months ago when the rest of the side realised what we were paying this useless prick 800k to come play with them. Imo, hes so use to losing hes comfortable with it. We were trying to poach players from losing clubs. Stupid stupid stupid move.

Cowboy campbell

Waterboy
Reaction score
People calling for a whole new team make me lol. Mighbt be easier for you guys to just change teams, then voila! New team!

I agree a few good signings here or there may help if none of the juniors kick on this year, but a whole new team, hahahahaha

Thing that gets me is the same people calling for this are all "why dont we give some up and coming players a go? Why dont the juniors get anywhere at our club and leave? (i.e Seizur)".

Then the young guys are given a go, and uniformly thier defence is poor at first, and after 2 ro 3 games the same nuffs want them gone. Pay is damned if he does, damned if he doesnt here.
Name me some good young talent in the club, if they have not worked out how to tackle by 20 then there a dud. Ya cant break young fellas in if there not good enough, and lewis is not that good, playing first grade when they just dont have it isnt going to make them better. There is no one better in reserve grade then in our first grade side. Unless we have a couple in the juniors that are stars then bring them in now, but i bet u cant name 3 players in the club that will even play 50 first grade games that are not already in first grade. Pay needs to clean out like stuart did at eels before we can even think about recruiting young talent cause why would they want to come play here if there any good. These useless bastards in first grade now that are shit are what we brought through the system and there shit. So what, we do a parramatta and dont worry about succces. The only players that come through our system are small slow shit wingers that dont understand the game at all. Are u not sick of that crap already. Morris boys are at end of carier, hoppa too slow, montoya is worse than any of them, rfm klemmer and jackson are the only first grade forwards we have. So yeah clean em out and start from scratch. That simple then dicking around with a junior system that is also stuffed, it needs an over haul too. For what ive read on here there are no future first graders in the juniors, so how many wooden spoons do u need to cook a shit stew.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The exact turning point was 7 months ago when the rest of the side realised what we were paying this useless prick 800k to come play with them. Imo, hes so use to losing hes comfortable with it. We were trying to poach players from losing clubs. Stupid stupid stupid move.
And yet he is a relatively young prop who has played for his State and his Country who can do something no other forward in our Club can do... he has an offload. This is a skill our Club and our Players are utterly clueless about after years of Desball. We dont know how to use Woods properly. Don't get me wrong he needs to get more mongrel into his game, lots more but on the ither side of the coin we need to rapidly play to his offload skill or it will be lost forever....

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Name me some good young talent in the club, if they have not worked out how to tackle by 20 then there a dud. Ya cant break young fellas in if there not good enough, and lewis is not that good, playing first grade when they just dont have it isnt going to make them better. There is no one better in reserve grade then in our first grade side. Unless we have a couple in the juniors that are stars then bring them in now, but i bet u cant name 3 players in the club that will even play 50 first grade games that are not already in first grade. Pay needs to clean out like stuart did at eels before we can even think about recruiting young talent cause why would they want to come play here if there any good. These useless bastards in first grade now that are shit are what we brought through the system and there shit. So what, we do a parramatta and dont worry about succces. The only players that come through our system are small slow shit wingers that dont understand the game at all. Are u not sick of that crap already. Morris boys are at end of carier, hoppa too slow, montoya is worse than any of them, rfm klemmer and jackson are the only first grade forwards we have. So yeah clean em out and start from scratch. That simple then dicking around with a junior system that is also stuffed, it needs an over haul too. For what ive read on here there are no future first graders in the juniors, so how many wooden spoons do u need to cook a shit stew.
There are at least three players in Jersey Flegg who may make first grade - Radovu, Harper and Wakeham. I would hope they get to play some NSW Cup this year to see how they go against men. Never any guarantees but they look a lot better than others who have moved through the alleged system over the last few years. I wouldn't want them anywhere near first grade just yet though.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Biggest issue imo is that we are fat lazy and unfit... we dont win the ruck, our line speed is poor, our kicking is poor... this means every set wether attack or defence we start on the back foot...
I totally agree....especially liccha, just look at his physic . Definately carrying to many kilos.. Hes got to lay off the kebabs and shawarma...nobody looks lean in this team

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I can guarantee whoever we let go will go onto become better players at successful clubs... Which makes me think it's the club.

Eg.
Marty tapau
Shaun lane
James graham
Corey thomson
Josh reynolds
Tim lafai

I'm sure there's more

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about Nofoaluma?, he is stuck behind Thompson and MWZ because Cleary likes to reward good form and until one of them has a shocker he won't get a crack. Could probably get him mid-season.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly right.. 450k -500k would be nice.

Coggar to hb to help foran

Esan marsters to centre 400k

Josh mansour on no more than 500k

Ah mau off the bench.. throw 350k at him.

Ties up all the lose ends and i reckon we will still have money for upgrades.
Tigers could easily match 400k for Marsters. You'd probably have to go at least 700k to outbid the Tigers.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What about Nofoaluma?, he is stuck behind Thompson and MWZ because Cleary likes to reward good form and until one of them has a shocker he won't get a crack. Could probably get him mid-season.
Signed a 4 year deal last year and from what I've heard he'll be back in 1st grade very soon.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
His quick we know that.. my only issue is montoya mbye and mosby at the back, quiet the inexperienced backline.
1. Mbye
2. Fusitu'a
5. Mosby
Is the dream!