Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would only keep Jackson, klemmer, mbye and maybe Foran if we could buy Sezer to take the responsibility off him

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure we were top 3 in points conceded at around round 20
And I'm pretty sure that there was not a game that we did not concede less than 2 tries a game against us even against the wooden spooners the knights. Even then we were lucky to win those and if I'm not mistaken we lost one of those games to them.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does every other teams wingers/centres look bigger and hit the line harder then our forwards?

Look at that run by BJ which setup the try just after we pulled one back. He Fkn ran 15m with 3 players on him.

When was the last time we had a player run like that?

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying lichaa.. need better service.. the **** is a workoholic.. good runs good passes good tackler.. who on the market is better than him
Now..

Jackson has captain syndrome like Graham got.. getting worse with the captaincy
Klemmer running good and strong just needs an off load

Woods, Elliot, Montoya, jmk ...the list goes on just fucken horrible
Really not having a dig but there would be guys in NSW/QLD cup better than Lichaa.
Do you watch other games not just Dogs.. Like I said I'm not starting but he is horrendous. Just really bad.
Yeah, he has a dig, but just isn't a first grader.
No one wanted him besides dumb us.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon you can cut/paste same posts each week. It’s going to be a long year I’m afraid. We need to buy some of the best young talent out there (yes, pay them on potential) and rebuild this roster

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are fkn kidding. And who do you replace them with? Lichaas service was fine, JMK had a good match, eastwood made impact when he came on. Dont agreee with this.

Main issue was all those tries from kicks, we need work on taking kicks and/or stopping them being so effective. And our attack, while it shows more shape than under Des, isnt there yet. Otherwise nobody was really poor. I guess Montoya if i have to pick on anyone, his defense is poor.
He’s right hundred percent besides licha... the rest are pathetic!!!!!!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can Dean Pay coach?
Good question. I am really surprised at what I've seen. Why do we sit so deep (first receiver) ten metres from the play the ball? Every other side is moving forward together onto the ball.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a dynamic hooker, JMK can't get away with being solid every week...he is in a key position and needs to setup trys. Eastwood will be shit in the next couple of games as usual..
Aiden sezer
Mansour... didn’t want him at first but better then what we have
Opacic
Junior paulo
Papali

We should buy all of them
To name a few

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts are Hasler has stuffed up the boys way of thinking the last few years on how to play footy with too much video sessions and over loaded their minds with crap! Now with a new coach they don't seem to know what to do and looked confused on the field, our backs are getting old god love them for trying but looks like we need fresh legs, our forwards don't seem to have any heart eg: Woods just here for the money, he reminds me of She Rex signing a few years back, came here for the money and did NOTHING and was injured most of the time, maybe Woods will follow this path too!?
When we attack all we do is run sideways and pass the ball no one seems to know what to do! Again I bring this back to Hasler and how he coached the lads the last few years, with Pay here it's going to take time to change the way the boys play BUT I am starting to think us as the fans won't have any patience for this as we have put up with too much crap and disappointment for way too long!!! Sigh !!!
I'd drop Wood's. Period. He will shit himself knowing origin is approaching and maybe might see him pull his finger out of his arse. I am dissapointed in him so far. He has no fire in his belly and looks disinterested

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need a 2008 clean out again.....
The tigers recruited well in the end of last season and although some of their buys made me wonder they seem to work well together
Exactly right they and the knights have recruited correctly. We on the other hand couldn't recruit a bulldog mascot if we paid the poor bastard a mill.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can all the drama queens calm down. This was always going to be a rough year - temper your expectations.

Our only real unsolvable problem (short term) is Woods, he's a good player but he's only compounded our balance problem in the pack and financially. Completely redundant to let Graham go and pay part of his salary to save money to turn around and spend 800k on Woods

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We need outside backs with speed and anticipation

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hasler fucked us with his recruitment- unfortunatly we have gone backwards under Pay. Need a clean out . This year is a total write off tbh. No speed and no kicking game means we are just don’t threaten opposition defences.
We needed a clean out 4 years ago but our club is to stupid to think of such a logical thing even though it's staring them in the face.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good question. I am really surprised at what I've seen. Why do we sit so deep (first receiver) ten metres from the play the ball? Every other side is moving forward together onto the ball.
They did the same thing even when Desaster was in charge, our team if we can call them are not simply not good enough. Rubbish is too kind for them.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck the hole team of mbye Foran Jackson keep the rest need to go and the coach needs to go with em

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Woods for Graham will turn out to be one of the worst decisions in the history of the Bulldogs.
He is a soft lazy ****.
Graham was one of the best buys of the season. He's having a blinder at the dragons. Hats off to him. Woods has not lived up to money paid for him.