The Consolidated Cricket Thread

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
exactly this.

Lehman is the coach , even if he is not involved (which is an absolute BS given the video footage and the nervous guilty look on his face during the phone call to 12th man) , it happened under his watch.

If players are getting a year ban, lehman deserves some too.
Did you say that when Dhoni cheated by using gloves too big?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am not sure where i stand on this all now, originally i was like yep ban em all but the more i think about it, the more i think 12 months is fairly harsh. Happy to see smith removed of his captaincy and tbh i never liked warner anyway (as anyone who reads this thread would have noticed lol). The governing body of cricket doesn't think that much about the charges as you can see by smith getting a single game suspension and bancroft just demerit points (both fined). No other country has ever handed punishment out like this before and there are teams like SA that has a captain that has been charged twice for ball tampering, even the great sachin tendulkar got charged for the same offence. I do get the whole premeditated part and that is not good at all but most of all the other people charged for the same thing, it would have been premeditated too.
Yeah, I think they went over the top. I would have said never to have leadership positions again for Smith & Warner & banned them for 5 tests. I would have given Bancroft 3 for what he did. The dumbest part is what they intended to use to manipulate the ball. It was never going to do anything.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To the innocent eye, it only looked like Bancroft was rubbing the ball.....no evidence of using the tape.

It was only after Bancroft pulled out the tape from his pocket and shoved it down his pants that the illegality of his action was apparent to all...... after the 12th man told him about it on Lehmann's instruction. So Lehman had to know!

The fact that he also went into hiding and didn't condemn the leadership group" that he supposedly wasn't part of, also speaks volumes about his guilt.
Don't you think it was possible that the first Lehmann knew about it was when he saw it on TV? I think it is entirely possible & that it would have been prudent to send a message out there to see what the hell was going on.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Warner is a complete piece of shit. He never stood up and said yep it was me. He’s mislead the team collecting evidence and he’s thrown his teammates under a bus. Hope the **** never steps back into an Australian team again.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Don't you think it was possible that the first Lehmann knew about it was when he saw it on TV? I think it is entirely possible & that it would have been prudent to send a message out there to see what the hell was going on.
Either way he has to go imo. When players can do that under your watchful eyes it's time for a change

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Either way he has to go imo. When players can do that under your watchful eyes it's time for a change
Very harsh. People have to be accountable for their own actions. If it was a regular thing then maybe, but this is the first known instance.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warner is a complete piece of shit. He never stood up and said yep it was me. He’s mislead the team collecting evidence and he’s thrown his teammates under a bus. Hope the **** never steps back into an Australian team again.
100%!! The ***** thick as bricks and an absolute dog. No way he'll play for Australia again

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Very harsh. People have to be accountable for their own actions. If it was a regular thing then maybe, but this is the first known instance.
It's not just this isolated instance. The culture under his watchful eye in the last 18 months has deteriorated so much so that his job now is untenable imo

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Furthermore Sutherland needs to go. He is a myth.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The truth will come out, no **** can keep a lid on this type of thing

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I’m hearing Warner hatched the plan went to Bancroft and said do it because the heats already on me with my hand bandages. He said why not and Smith said I don’t want to know about it. And here we are now with the bans.

What I’m pissed off about is the CA have watched David Warner be a complete tosser for 5 or so years now when ever he gets on the field but now they bring up the spirit of cricket because we get caught. Warner has tarnished the reputation of this whole team and taken two of our better players with him and Sutherland should be sacked for allowing it to get this far. It’s a disgrace and it starts at the top with him.
Warner has been getting a free ride from his grade cricket days because of his "immense talent". There's a story about punching an opposition player in the face when he was around 18 years old and playing the next day because his club didn't want to drop him.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Warner has been getting a free ride from his grade cricket days because of his "immense talent". There's a story about punching an opposition player in the face when he was around 18 years old and playing the next day because his club didn't want to drop him.
The **** is a houso from matraville
A CUB cashed up bogan he does what comes naturally

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but that is just innuendo and guess work, there is zero evidence to back up that claim and obviously CA think that way too. For what you are saying to be true than CA are covering it up, why the conspiracy, like what is the point after seeing how hard they have come down on the players?
This is all I have to say about that.
https://twitter.com/KP24/status/978692309771579394

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
These bans are a fucking disgrace.
Ball tampering has happened in cricket from the start of the game.
Yes they cheated & got caught but the punishment should have been in line with previous cases of ball tampering in test matches with a bit on top from CA.
these bans will cost Smith & Warner millions of $. Bancroft hundreds of thousands of $.
I think will certainly cost Warner his test career.
May cost Bancroft & Smith their test careers as well.
Not to mention Smith the captaincy of the test team.

And I can't but think of Matt Lodge and what he did was much worse.
Yet he gets a chance to play out his career.

Seriously the outrage police in the media can get fucked.
***** like Karl Stefanovic can get fucked.

This outcome is a disgrace!