The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He probably thought what the rest of Australia thought. That Smith wouldn't do such a stupid thing. So should Kevin Moore had been sacked for what Ryan Tandy did?
If it was a plan between Ryan Tandy and the entire leadership group ? Definitely.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh yeah got this email from CA before:

To our Australian Cricket Fans,

We are sorry.

We are sorry that you had to wake up this morning to news from South Africa that our Australian Men’s Cricket team and our Captain admitted to conduct that is outside both the Laws of our game and the Spirit of Cricket.

This behaviour calls into question the integrity of the team and Cricket Australia.

Following discussions with Steve Smith and David Warner they have agreed to stand down as Captain and Vice-Captain respectively for the remainder of this Test match.

As I said at a media conference earlier today, Cricket Australia and Australian cricket fans expect high standards from cricketers representing our country, and on this occasion these standards have not been met.

We know how you feel and have heard your feedback loud and clear. We share your anger and disappointment.

As you would be aware, we have launched an immediate investigation into what transpired in Cape Town, and our Head of Integrity is travelling to South Africa as we speak.

All Australians, like us, want answers and we will keep you updated on our findings, as a matter of urgency.

James Sutherland
Chief Executive Officer - Cricket Australia
I got it too!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez they buckled pretty quick, they were 1 for 50 something when i crashed last night lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez they buckled pretty quick, they were 1 for 50 something when i crashed last night lol
I don't think the result would have went any other way - the Aussies would have just wanted to get the fuck outta there. Stretching it to Day 5 would have been hell.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think the result would have went any other way - the Aussies would have just wanted to get the fuck outta there. Stretching it to Day 5 would have been hell.
Oh yeah reading reports about it, sounded like a few of em just went out there swinging, that makes it pretty obvious they didn't wanna be there.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They were just mentally not there. And can’t bkame them for that. Not like the country was behind them and willing them to victory.

I’m surprised warner and Bancroft put up a fight. Apart from their resistance, it was never going to go any other way.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh yeah reading reports about it, sounded like a few of em just went out there swinging, that makes it pretty obvious they didn't wanna be there.
How embarrassed must they have been, how ashamed......but if nothing illegal had been done their would have been no problem...........

I am not the biggest fan of cricket principally because of the 'boys club' aspect of it and this had made me even less a fan. My Dad used to love watching cricket, played the game as a wicket-keeper in fact until the age of 60...he would be turning in his grave over this type of behaviour. I remember the infamous under arm bowling incident of 1981 involving Australia and NZ and the big hoo ha at the time over that .Dad did not approve of that either; however it was within the rules, not morally a good choice, nor considered sportsmanlike but within the rules in the opinion of us both. Those rules of course have been changed and that type of bowling not allowed UNLESS prior agreement between the sides playing because of the 1981 incident. It is interesting to note that the reasons for using it in the early days were in the instance of a bowler having an injury to his arm/shoulder - lob bowling.

This little caper however defies logic and belief. How do you tell a young kid for example who idolizes these guys that they did it with the knowledge that it was illegal and that they did it for an unfair advantage. Simply not cricket.

The email from cricket Australia just about says it all.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah it’s more widespread than people admit I think.... but we can’t be seen to support pre meditated cheating. I think smith needs to be stood down as captain.

He shouldn’t receive any playing ban. Considering the fact there are other players who’ve been charged and not punished anywhere near as severely and it would open up a legal can of worms, besides anything else. Such a disproportionate penalty when others have been punished less severely in the past would not be the right move.

But the captaincy is another matter. I just don’t see how we can go on with a captain who has openly admitted to pre meditated cheating.

If South African fans and officials want to defend their players when they are caught cheating as du Plessis and others in the past have been, that’s their business. But we have to come down hard on our players for this.

It was just so stupid and so very blatant. I guess the I’ll feeling of the series was so strong and they just cracked under pressure. If that was a premeditated ploy as smith said, it was a dishonest and very stupid thing to do.

Time to get tougher on ball tampering I guess. Widespread or not, the rules of the game are the rules.

Sad day for cricket. Bad series for cricket.... both teams hold the responsibility for that.

All fair and good points. Unfortunately we see this type of disparagy in all sports; punishments meted out in inequitable ways and as you say because of that a legal can of worms....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Indiandog , are you going in hard too? [From the betoota advicate]:

Indians Going Hard In The Comments
CONTACT

The 1.5 billion people living on the subcontinent are today relishing in the fact that Australians are pathetic losers with shameful convict lineage who like to cheat in cricket because we are cowards who get favoured by umpires.

When including the other members of the greater Indian diaspora, it is estimated that there is roughly 1.8 billion people around the world currently leaving comments on cricketing forums and news articles, rubbing salt in the wounds of the betrayed Australian cricket community.

This follows Australian bowler Cameron Bancroft was charged with ball tampering, and his captain Steve Smith suspended for one Test after he admitted that he and other senior players, who he refused to name, plotted during a lunch break to illegally tamper with the ball in the third Test against South Africa in Cape Town.

Cricket greats including Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist and Michael Clarke have slammed the attempted cheating, which has prompted an investigation from Cricket Australia.

Even Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has weighed in on the disgusting display of poor sportsmanship, however no one has been as scolding as Indian people on social media.

“LOSTRALIANS” wrote 200 million people.

“Pathetic losers! Alsways cheating!!” wrote another 100 million.

Australians have been advised by the ICC to not bite back to these inflammatory comments, as Indian nationals draw parallels between the current ball tampering scandal and every single match they have ever lost to Australia.

Fox Sports and ESPNcricket’s social media administrators have also plead for upset Australian cricketing fans to avoid engaging in online spats with anyone who has display picture that features Sachin Tendulkar.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

CONTACT

The 1.5 billion people living on the subcontinent are today relishing in the fact that Australians are pathetic losers with shameful convict lineage who like to cheat in cricket because we are cowards who get favoured by umpires.

When including the other members of the greater Indian diaspora, it is estimated that there is roughly 1.8 billion people around the world currently leaving comments on cricketing forums and news articles, rubbing salt in the wounds of the betrayed Australian cricket community.

This follows Australian bowler Cameron Bancroft was charged with ball tampering, and his captain Steve Smith suspended for one Test after he admitted that he and other senior players, who he refused to name, plotted during a lunch break to illegally tamper with the ball in the third Test against South Africa in Cape Town.

Cricket greats including Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist and Michael Clarke have slammed the attempted cheating, which has prompted an investigation from Cricket Australia.

Even Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has weighed in on the disgusting display of poor sportsmanship, however no one has been as scolding as Indian people on social media.

Australians have been advised by the ICC to not bite back to these inflammatory comments, as Indian nationals draw parallels between the current ball tampering scandal and every single match they have ever lost to Australia.

Fox Sports and ESPNcricket’s social media administrators have also plead for upset Australian cricketing fans to avoid engaging in online spats with anyone who has display picture that features Sachin Tendulkar.

I am in Canada right now, just found out about this.

Fair enough they fucked up but the blow out and over reaction is over the top. Does anyone feel else sorry for Smith or Bancroft?

atleast it wasn't as bad as this

upload_2018-3-26_14-46-19.png
upload_2018-3-26_14-46-19.png

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh I the think its the fact that Smith and the other senior players felt it OK to let the new guy who is struggling do the dirty work.

Cheating is gutless I guess but does it make sense that this seems more gutless? Lol

Its like they made decision to cheat then we're "oh no I cant do it no way" "I know, let's get this young bugger to do it, he's batting shit anyway he has to say yes" lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

CONTACT

Shane Warne commenting on cheating ???? Lol #cough# matching fixing #cough# ACB tried to cover it up #cough cough#

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The outrage police in the media are out in force on this one.

Yes it's cheating. But anyone you has played the game as a teenager or adult at a decent level knows balls get tampeted with.

I played district cricket here in Melbourne for 11 seasons and I used to work on the seam all the time sometimes with a small staple remover.
I never felt guilty or thought I did the wrong thing, not once because I knew everybody did it.

What I would say is let these guys learn from their mistake. Don't destroy their careers.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually feel sorry for Bancroft. Smith is a fucking gutless **** and I've lost all respect for him. The hierarchy of the side obviously came up with the plan and hung the young kid out to dry.

Even in the presser, Smith straight away says to Bancroft "do you want to explain". Fucking no ****, you're the captain and senior player, you explain. That was the most gutless thing I've seen. Fucking pissant **** doesn't belong anywhere near the side again

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The new guy put sugar in his pocket during the Ashes series.

But the Aussies said it was for an energy boost. LMAO.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/03/26...a-cameron-bancroft-footage-sugar-ashes-series
a lot of this will come out now.

Tbh everyone does it it's just that the Aussie cricketers kind of come off as high and mighty. Just look at the video above with Warner spewing what we now know is a lot of shit. Lol

Lehman whining about crowds but was happy for Broad to me sent home crying. Shit like that.

Last edited: