To all of you who wanted Hasler gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But at the time it seemed like a self preservation measure from Dib to recruit the choice that the loudest of opinions seemed to want round here. I'd have liked us to bring in Cleary. Both the Warriors and Panthers performed well under him and he's always gotten great results bringing through juniors. Pays only credentials thus far have been his junior rep coaching and assistant roles at a few clubs.
It wasn't only Des that fucked us but the decision to announce des for a further two season at the time Cleary was available also fucked us.

Dib takes the blame for this as well.

I have no fears had we'd signed Cleary we'd be contenders

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I bumped Darren Britt on the way back from Perth and had a quick chat with him. Now here's a bloke who knows what the Dogs of War are about. He was pretty positive about not only Pay but about the people who are back in the club around him. He seemed to be of the view that it would take a year or two for Deano to get the team to where he wants them to be, but he seemed pretty confident that they would get there. I think I would back his judgement over some of the plonkers on here.
Nobodys saying we won't get back to brilliance but Dean pay did say he'd re-instill the dogs of war mentality which clearly hasn't happened .

The players come across as amateurs.. Like I'm holding my breath everytime they pass a ball

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To enact Dogs of War, you need a Dogs of War pack.

Sickem Woodsie..........
Elliot, go smash Tamalolo
RFM ain’t no SBW
And Klem as big as he is ain’t no Mason

We don’t have the cattle to dominate the middle with a dogs of war mentality.
First and foremost, we have the Australian front row and a NSW Origin second rower in our line up, thats not too shabby.

Dogs Of War packs is all about having cultural buy-in, having the right mentality, putting your body on the line, showing aggression and hunting as a unit.

Some of the individuals in DOW styled packs from bygone eras included guys like Robert Relf, Mark Brokenshire, Simon Gillies, Jason Hetherington, Barry Ward, Darren Britt, Peter Kelly, etc. these guys were not considered elite, were payed peanuts, but left guys black and blue with their toughness, competitiveness and aggression.. yes, they were supported by some high caliber teammates, but that’s no different to the current roster.

The individuals in our forward pack are not showing those raw emotions, it’s as simple as that.

Our bench is weak though, Pay needs to blood some young firebrands from NSW cup.

Last edited:

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nobodys saying we won't get back to brilliance but Dean pay did say he'd re-instill the dogs of war mentality which clearly hasn't happened .

The players come across as amateurs.. Like I'm holding my breath everytime they pass a ball
Well if you had been doing that last year you would be dead by now..... You need to understand that the Dogs of War reference is where he wants to get not where he thinks we are. He's working on it and it will take time. Just exhale and relax.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I know, I was disappointed last night

I thought we would be better
The penny dropped and I realised we are bottom 4 side still

It’s not the fault of Pay
He can only do what he can with the muppets Des assembled

caltan

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just watched Richie Kennar set up a try for souths after a long break up the middle. Another player with ability let go.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First and foremost, we have the Australian front row and a NSW Origin second rower in our line up, thats not too shabby.

Dogs Of War packs is all about having cultural buy-in, having the right mentality, putting your body on the line, showing aggression and hunting as a unit.

Some of the individuals in DOW styled packs from bygone eras included guys like Robert Relf, Mark Brokenshire, Simon Gillies, Jason Hetherington, Barry Ward, Darren Britt, Peter Kelly, etc. these guys were not considered elite, were payed peanuts, but left guys black and blue with their toughness, competitiveness and aggression.. yes, they were supported by some high caliber teammates, but that’s no different to the current roster.

The individuals in our forward pack are not showing those raw emotions, it’s as simple as that.

Our bench is weak though, Pay needs to blood some young firebrands from NSW cup.
Agree Dow was made up of no name players .

I also think the rep forwards are overrated , when was the last time Klemmer was dominating CONSISTENTLY club games . Easy to get up for once off rep games .

Woods , when he starts taking the hard runs then I will rate him , all his work is from others doing the hard yards for him and his defence is suspect as he is a lazy defender

Jackson I have a feeling he is passed his prime and probably more than anyone was affected by desball.

Lichaa there is more to playing Hooker than doing good dummy half runs , it's getting ball to the right players , able to shift tempo of attack and more importantly crisp passing . I still don't rate him

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a stupid fucking thread.

Pay can only use the roster he is been left with, which is an overpaid ageing team.

He did the exact same thing at Manly, leaving Toovey with his mess.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's no recommendation. :laughing:

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The game has changed dramatically since those days mate. In this professional era, having the right mentality and putting your body on the line ain’t gonna help you when the opposition are doing the same, but are bigger, stronger, faster and more agile. Case in point, Jacko has been throwing everything at the opposition in the last 2 weeks and has suffered head injuries in both games. Physics is physics.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the biggest issue is this. when you get rid of a shit ****, the next **** you bring in will have to at the very bare minimum be a tad less of a shit **** than the previous shit ****, this **** we got coz of the so called bulldog dna and dogs of war mentality is so far proving to be a complete shit **** that has no idea and only knows how to talk. everyone says it will take time, that is correct butttttt you do not go for a coach who isnt going to do a better job. im afriad pay is just another shit talking **** that cant back up his dogs of war talk. and until it shows by first fucking off tolman im gonna keep bitching and ranting, it seems to work with certain people in society so maybe if a cry loud enough ill be taken seriously

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay has to try and work with a shit squad that Des assembled

I will judge pay after 3 seasons
bro i dont know how you have the patience lol. its been far too long since a premiership and dealt with hasler for a few years more than necessary.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a stupid fucking thread.

Pay can only use the roster he is been left with, which is an overpaid ageing team.

He did the exact same thing at Manly, leaving Toovey with his mess.
toovey got manly to a gf in 2013 with that same ageing team lol. would have won had sbw not showed up for roosters

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the biggest issue is this. when you get rid of a shit ****, the next **** you bring in will have to at the very bare minimum be a tad less of a shit **** than the previous shit ****, this **** we got coz of the so called bulldog dna and dogs of war mentality is so far proving to be a complete shit **** that has no idea and only knows how to talk. everyone says it will take time, that is correct butttttt you do not go for a coach who isnt going to do a better job. im afriad pay is just another shit talking **** that cant back up his dogs of war talk. and until it shows by first fucking off tolman im gonna keep bitching and ranting, it seems to work with certain people in society so maybe if a cry loud enough ill be taken seriously
Put a sock in it beaver

Status
Not open for further replies.