To all of you who wanted Hasler gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whilst its disappointing Pay has not been able to bring to life the Dogs Of War mentality or spark the aggression of past eras, the roster is very much a Des Hasler team to be fair to Dean Pay.

Pay needs to make some tough decisions for our future and blood youth, similar to Nathan Brown at the Knights where he had his hands tied on roster and cap issues after Bennett left it in a rubble. Pay is in a similar position.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is fucking Dessie’s side, a bunch of plodders. Even Craig Bellamy couldn’t fix this side. Des has screwed the dogs and it will take at least a couple of years to fix
Agreed. Just one thing though, we have a pretty decent starting pack. How the fuck do you get them up for a game? What has to happen for our forward pack to aim up and start ripping in?? Thought we would handle the roosters up front but our forwards wanting nothing to do with a tough physical game.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
my message to all of you who wanted hasler gone ...

You were wrong !!!!
I’m not sure if this is a piss take, or someone who actually thinks this roster was assembled by Pay....?

Because of the axis of evil HAsler/Dib/Castle, our pack is severely lacking and we have no backs....

Look at other clubs rosters assembled (Roosters Cowboys Storm etc...) and tell me how we do NOT have a pack of:

Klemmer
Liccha
Woods
Jackson
RFM
Finucane

Bench - Graham Fuaolo and whoever you like of the NSW cup guys...

Instead of keeping a guy like Graham who bleed for this club (remember his last contract he asked the club what they could offer and accepted it without testing market), and whose presence would still inspire the rest of the pack - Hasler was making sure we keep Eastwood and Tolman whilst Dib was busy designing jerseys with fucking Tedesco on it!!!!!

Tell us again how this utter fucking mess has ANYTHING to do with a coach who has been thrown in the deep end to clean this shit up. This is going to take a long time.

So.... I hope this is a little it’s take thread

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Agreed. Just one thing though, we have a pretty decent starting pack. How the fuck do you get them up for a game? What has to happen for our forward pack to aim up and start ripping in?? Thought we would handle the roosters up front but our forwards wanting nothing to do with a tough physical game.
Same as the old days, drop them to reserves until they commit.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst its disappointing Pay has not been able to bring to life the Dogs Of War mentality or spark the aggression of past eras, the roster is very much a Des Hasler team to be fair to Dean Pay.

Pay needs to make some tough decisions for our future and blood youth, similar to Nathan Brown at the Knights where he had his hands tied on roster and cap issues after Bennett left it in a rubble. Pay is in a similar position.
To enact Dogs of War, you need a Dogs of War pack.

Sickem Woodsie..........
Elliot, go smash Tamalolo
RFM ain’t no SBW
And Klem as big as he is ain’t no Mason

We don’t have the cattle to dominate the middle with a dogs of war mentality.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is a piss take, or someone who actually thinks this roster was assembled by Pay....?

Because of the axis of evil HAsler/Dib/Castle, our pack is severely lacking and we have no backs....

Look at other clubs rosters assembled (Roosters Cowboys Storm etc...) and tell me happy w we do not have a pack of:

Klemmer
Liccha
Woods
Jackson
RFM
Finucane

Bench - Graham Fuaolo and whoever you like of the NSW cup guys...

Instead of keeping a guy like Graham who bleed for this club (remember his last contract he asked the club what they could offer and accepted it without testing market), and whose presence would still inspire the rest of the pack - Hasler was making sure we keep Eastwood and Tolman whilst Dib was busy designing jerseys with fucking Tedesco on it!!!!!

Tell us again how this utter fucking mess hasn’t ANYTHING to do with a coach who has been thrown in the deep end to clean this shit up. This is going to take a long time.

So.... I hope this is a little it’s take thread
First time coach too

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same as the old days, drop them to reserves until they commit.
Yeah, these days players want a release if they get dropped. I can picture klemmer signing with manly or roosters the day he was told he was playing reggies..... maybe it would sort the boys from the men??

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's zero excuses for this pitiful start. Haslers team or not pathetic start to the year.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really???????
Did you know that des hand picked this team?
Said no to Munster,
Said no Latrell ,
Let go off barba, Pritchard, funucain and keept T-Rex.
Des also said tolman is the best forward in the game,
How about almost killing the careers of Mbye and Lichaa?
And stats everything was about stats and not play what’s infront of you.

YEAH YOUR RIGHT WE WERE WRONG ABOUT DES :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: , please stay of the drugs .
Oversaw the cutting of TWO captains
Allowed Hopoate to skip Sundays

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah, these days players want a release if they get dropped. I can picture klemmer signing with manly or roosters the day he was told he was playing reggies..... maybe it would sort the boys from the men??
I know Klem copped a bit last night on here but tbh I couldn't fault his effort. Could solve our backended deals if they want to be released lol

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
...it would help if we had a decent half back, how long does it take to work out we need a half, nothing since shifty Sherwin!. Then bring some kids through with a bit of mongrel, no more nice guys policy. We need to sign 1 or 2 backs and forwards with fucking aggro.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said last night even Jesus Christ couldn't coach the current squad to a win. We have at least 50% of the squad who aren't NRL standard and need to move on. This is compounded by our inability to take action due to back ended deals and the lack of any talented juniors. You can blame the 3 stooges for this (Dib, Des & Cleal) but you cannot blame Pay. 2018/19 is a lesson in gritting your teeth but the joy will be seeing the current gold lotto imposters getting turfed off their mounds of cash.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm glad haslers gone still.

I did say last year when some people were saying or thinking its a matter of just sacking Des and everything will be good. This squad is shite as fuck lol. Seriously only a few guys I would keep and the rest cya. For an Woods Klemm Jacko RFM and that's about it. Even Montoya while a very hearty player is slow and nothing like the finishers other teams have. Some of the young props and that are worth keeping too. Also Lichaa while running more is still a shitty Hooker.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I said last night even Jesus Christ couldn't coach the current squad to a win. We have at least 50% of the squad who aren't NRL standard and need to move on. This is compounded by our inability to take action due to back ended deals and the lack of any talented juniors. You can blame the 3 stooges for this (Dib, Des & Cleal) but you cannot blame Pay. 2018/19 is a lesson in gritting your teeth but the joy will be seeing the current gold lotto imposters getting turfed off their mounds of cash.
Still shouldn't be leaking points like they are. Pay has three internationals in the pack and they are playing like busted arse holes lol. No excuses for this pitiful start.

100% agree about the squad though. It's AWFUL.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like others have said pay inherited a team that finished 11th. Who overpaid for a injury prone half that hasn’t done anything for 3 years and a front rower who isn’t a line bender (isn’t a Scott, Burgess etc).

Since signing Foran on top dollar Malone, Pearce and Cronk have all been available. So you can’t blame pay for that.

Those 2 signings caused us to shed played up until December to even be compliant. Reynolds, graham, lee amongst some of the players we had to move. We couldn’t re-sign lichaa up until last min.

So it’s unfair to judge pays on field performance. We are a soft team at the moment. We have 2 grossly over paid players in Tolman and Eastwood. We have mbye who has just started showing some potential in what should have been his position post Barba. But SuperCoach persisted with him at half. We have a attacking hooker after having a dud hooker for 3 years. Only problem is it’s the same player.... you should use a players strength (letting lichaa run instead of focusing him on tackling).

So in summation it has been a hard start for pay. It has been a baptism of fire and he has vs the potential grand finalists in the first fortnight. It’s no excuse but I doubt Hasler would have a win with that schedule.

What you can’t argue is a lot of the mess we are in is haslers fault in terms of personnel, cap space and allocation.

We are paying for graham and kas this year because Hasler thought I’ll get a close to million dollar prop to come on board (another super coach famously said 6 years ago he would never pay more then 300k for a prop) yet our coach stacked our team with 5 high price props.

Only satisfaction moving forward is everyone involved with these club antics is gone. That won’t guarantee success. But at the same time I would rather try something else with pay hill and co then persist with Hasler and dib hoping that they stop making idiot decisions.

Pay does have a point to prove with defence. Even raiders could be considered soft in defence. But I think our season starts next week. If we can’t compete or knock off panthers and Souths then the reality is a top 8 finish will be a up hill battle.

Playing in Perth against storm then a short turn around for the roosters would always be a difficult start. No excuses but we looked flat. And let’s not forget parra in the finals last year. They were so battered after the storm loss they didn’t show up the next week. So in general it’s hard to back up against then. Put in the long travel, the short turn around then vs the best team on paper in the comp and the odds were against us.

Hopefully we recover and put on a good showing against Penrith in front of our members and fans.

Last edited:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
This is the worst I have seen this team play since 08. It was touch and go with des but I wouldve given him this yr to see if it worked with foran.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Like others have said pay inherited a team that finished 11th. Who overpaid for a injury prone half that hasn’t done anything for 3 years and a front rower who isn’t a line bender (isn’t a Scott, Burgess etc).

Since signing Foran on top dollar Malone, Pearce and Cronk have all been available. So you can’t blame pay for that.

Those 2 signings caused us to aged played up until December to even be compliant. Reynolds, graham, lee amongst some of the players we had to move. We couldn’t re-sign lichaa up until last min.

So it’s unfair to judge pays on field performance. We are a soft team at the moment. We have 2 grossly over paid players in Tolman and Eastwood. We have mbye who has just started showing some potential in what should have been his position post Barba. But SuperCoach persisted with him at half. We have a attacking hooker after having a dud hooker for 3 years. Only problem is it’s the same player.... you should use a players strength (letting lichaa run instead of focusing him on tackling).

So in summation it has been a hard start for pay. It has been a baptism of fire and he has vs the potential grand finalists in the first fortnight. It’s no excuse but I doubt Hasler would have a win with that schedule.

What you can’t argue is a lot of the mess we are in is haslers fault in terms of personnel, cap space and allocation.

We are paying for graham and kas this year because Hasler thought I’ll get a close to million dollar prop to come on board (another super coach famously said 6 years ago he would never pay more then 300k for a prop) yet our coach stacked our team with 5 props.

Only satisfaction moving forward is everyone involved with these club antics is gone moving forward. That won’t guarantee success. But at the same time I would rather try something else with pay hill and co then persist with Hasler and dib hoping that they stop making idiot decisions.
Quite like your post mate. If Foran had another half he would be looking really good, he is busting his arse out there.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Des had to go for the good of the club.

But we don't know how a Des coached team would have gone with Foran?
Desball required high completion rates to be effevtive but would have been more effective with an organising halfback.

We are never going to know.

In the meantime Mr. Pay get:-
1. Commitment to defence.
2. Improve line spead.
3. Get the forwards running hard. Seriously they are plodding like they don't want to get an "ouchie"
But they are feeling so "relaxed " at training.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Quite like your post mate. If Foran had another half he would be looking really good, he is busting his arse out there.
Yeh I agree with that. At the end of the day Frawley wouldn’t get a start on any other bench let alone start. So I do feel sorry for him and pay for having so few options.

Status
Not open for further replies.