Professor Stephen Hawking - passes away aged 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/professor-stephen-hawking-dies-aged-76/ar-BBKbCvB

Professor Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76, a spokesman for his family said.

Professor Hawking's children, Lucy, Robert and Tim said in a statement: "We are deeply saddened that our beloved father passed away today.

"He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years.

"His courage and persistence with his brilliance and humour inspired people across the world.

"He once said, 'It would not be much of a universe if it wasn't home to the people you love.' We will miss him forever."

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Devo. Such a great man, we were lucky to have him as long as we did. Most people with MND don't live that long.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bugger. I have very few heroes but he's one of them. RIP

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
RIP, what a terrible shame, he was a truly extraordinary person. Quite fitting he passed away on Pi day too.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn’t he only make a discovery or observation about the universe last week?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Really sad news.... good for his age given everything he's gone through though.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At 21 told he would only live a few more months, lived until the ripe old age of 76. And to be able to live like that, a massively courageous man, who contributed positively to the world.

Rip

Great man

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He had become a cult figure because of his intelligence and the fact that he overcame some huge odds to still find a way to contribute to the world with it in spite of his disabilities. RIP.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Respect him for living to 76, who can do that?
Modern life gets you to about 50, face it, get on and appreciate what you have, eat and exercise right.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Great man. Sad news. Great he was able to defy medical expectation and give the world so much post diagnosis though.

Respect. RIP Dr Hawking.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad loss..endured a lot with MND..an extremely debilitating condition..although his body was broken..his mind remained strong.. RIP..

It’s a pity this thread has turned into a question of a validation of beliefs of either side..I know what side I am firmly on..but I neither have the time or care factor to debate its merits..all I know is..a guy with a pretty much f$&ked up body was able to last 57 years beyond his used by date..yet still contributed greatly to our understanding of what’s ‘out there’..

Just take a step back and think about it..not what his ‘beliefs’ were..but his ability to continue..to endure.. on in life when you can do f$&k all except look on.. He would’ve felt the stiffness of his body..the enemas going up his backside..fingers inserted in his arse..every single day..and the most pain of all..watching others do stuff..even as simple as doing up your shoelaces..shit man he couldn’t even talk..

Yet through it all..daily he got lifted up..got on the commode..toileted..washed..dressed..and strapped into a wheelchair..than got out and shared his thoughts with others so that they may find a better understanding of things..

F&@k we may not of known him..nor agreed with his conclusions of the universe..but as humans being we should at least be able to appreciate and admire his drive..his tenacity..his amazing ability to last and fight..and still make a wonderful..positive..contribution to this world That’s what really should be celebrated..his courage..because I’m sure it’s inspired many..for I can tell you..it’s inspired me..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
MOD EDIT: To anyone posting in this thread, keep it respectful. If you bring up religious comments you will be reply banned from this thread.
See: https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/the-lounge-and-news-subforum-rules-as-of-sep-2016.103519/
Well, that only proves what I thought, the passing of people like Hawking combined with the rise of stupid people on social media is leading to a poorer society.

Professor Hawking was a giant despite being small and fragile
A man who spoke so much for someone who couldn't speak at all.

Appeared in several episodes of the Simpsons and Futurama.

For some reason I just recalled the line from Weird Al's White and Nerdy: "Stephen Hawking's in my library" :grinning:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Respect him for living to 76, who can do that?
Modern life gets you to about 50, face it, get on and appreciate what you have, eat and exercise right.
I'm amazed I made it passed 30

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So did no one else read his recent discovery/theory that he only told I think late last week? Apparently the universe has always had time and that the Big Bang could not have been the actual beginning of the universe.

Here’s the link, interesting read.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...n/news-story/0c36b41d82c13eab2e8b92b9b974010b
Yep. He has been working on similar theories for a long time and I'm pretty sure if he had another decade he would have been able to prove or disprove the big bang.

Of course his theory wasn't that the big bang didn't exist and it wasn't that time was a constant before the big bang. His theory is that time existed in another form. What he calls "imaginary time". It's a pity he didn't get to work on the theory more.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. He has been working on similar theories for a long time and I'm pretty sure if he had another decade he would have been able to prove or disprove the big bang.

Of course his theory wasn't that the big bang didn't exist and it wasn't that time was a constant before the big bang. His theory is that time existed in another form. What he calls "imaginary time". It's a pity he didn't get to work on the theory more.
Yeah I didn’t say the Big Bang didn’t happen rather I thought he said the Big Bang wasn’t the actual start nor did time start with the Big Bang?
Also I’m sure there’s a very smart and funny too female out there that can continue his theory ;)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I didn’t say the Big Bang didn’t happen rather I thought he said the Big Bang wasn’t the actual start nor did time start with the Big Bang?
Also I’m sure there’s a very smart and funny too female out there that can continue his theory ;)
One of the theories he had a few years ago was that the Big Bang never happened. It's a theory that's supported by many other scientists but they never gathered enough data to support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.