Tolman staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

I just read the moles article about us wanting to keep him now after shopping him around to help with origin depth.
I guess as a spot player he can tackle while we unleash some of the big kids to have a go at first grade

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He was decent when he first game, then when Desball starting kicking in, he, along with every other player, started turning shyte. I still can't believe he scored that try against the Dragons last year that sunk their season :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Now if Dean Pay can get the best out of him, hopefully he can be a decent player, after all, it wasn't Tolman who made the decision to be given the ball on the 5th tackle and be tackled with it, was it now Desmond :tonguewink:

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
He’s on Deanos bench. That’s telling enough. Hopefully he’ll be in reggies soon if he doesn’t lift his attacking game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s on Deanos bench. That’s telling enough. Hopefully he’ll be in reggies soon if he doesn’t lift his attacking game.
We need him to play the same way he played against Canberra last yr... The same game Hoppa ran close to 300m and Tolman was basically the only forward we had. He was an animal in that game and that's what we need every week.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I dont like him but the rest of our bench needs impact if he is to stay in the 17.... and that means no Elliot and Eastwood in the side.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pointless thread. It was only a rumour we were looking to offload him to begin with.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The relentless hate for tolman is fucking rediculous!!! Its not his fault he was offered a contract. It was not his idea to be tackled on the 4th every time. And it was not so long ago he was mentioned as a possible SOO player.
Him and graham had a lot to do with us being a solid defensive team. Sure we need to improve our attack from last year, and we have. But i think that without tolman and graham in the middle we are defensively weaker.
I posted in another thread that i think it would be good to have tolman at lock to soak up the initial onslaught and then bring fualalo to replace him after 15-20 mins, and play out the half. He can then enjoy the half time spell and come back on for the second half with tolman closing out the last 15 mins.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The relentless hate for tolman is fucking rediculous!!! Its not his fault he was offered a contract. It was not his idea to be tackled on the 4th every time. And it was not so long ago he was mentioned as a possible SOO player.
Him and graham had a lot to do with us being a solid defensive team. Sure we need to improve our attack from last year, and we have. But i think that without tolman and graham in the middle we are defensively weaker.
I posted in another thread that i think it would be good to have tolman at lock to soak up the initial onslaught and then bring fualalo to replace him after 15-20 mins, and play out the half. He can then enjoy the half time spell and come back on for the second half with tolman closing out the last 15 mins.
Bro it's ridiculous seriously

Until tolman proves the nay sayers wrong he's always going to cop shit.

The fact remains that no one has seen tolman consistently dominating in a tackle or a hit up

He gets monstered by the new style of forwards today, ie big, strong and mobile

It's all in tolmans hands to shut us up and he hasn't for over 4 seasons.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not so long ago since he was mentioned as a possible SOO player? Wtf are you talking about. He was mentioned by some people years ago. Anything over a year ago is IRRELEVANT.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The fact remains that no one has seen tolman consistently dominating in a tackle or a hit up

Come on mate, your a smart guy. I know your not a tolman fan, but he does add something to our team. When was the last time you saw a prop forward take a hit up from dummy half on the second tackle?? Our last game. Tolman. He is not as useles as you all suggest. He just doesnt add the razzle dazzle that everyone expects.
He was our best forward off the bench on sat.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was great under Bellamy and was touted as a future origin rep in 09.

Wonder if Bellamy would take him back?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not so long ago since he was mentioned as a possible SOO player? Wtf are you talking about. He was mentioned by some people years ago. Anything over a year ago is IRRELEVANT.
How old are you mate? Is 3 years really such a long time??? Im not suggesting he is an origin player, especially now. But he seems to be the major scapegoat for desball. He cops it more then anyone.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How old are you mate? Is 3 years really such a long time??? Im not suggesting he is an origin player, especially now. But he seems to be the major scapegoat for desball. He cops it more then anyone.
Yes 3 years is a long time. Who was Taumalolo 3 years ago? Not much... He cops it because he is a 1 dimensional players that isn’t valuable or suitable to the game today.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Not an ideal situation but seeing that no one will take Tolman off our hands the only place he has in the team is an 80 minute 13.
Put Danny on bench and one other prop to replace woods and Klemmer.
Unfortunately whenever Tolman takes a hit up the defence will be set for our next tackle. He is a momentum killer.
It was disappointing that no front rowers put their hand up for selection in ISP last week.
For mine 8 to 12 same, Tolman 13.
14 JMK, 15 Danny 16 Tualau 17 Fine.
Out Eastwood (play as many minutes in ISP as possible for match fitness
Elliott ( not totally lost on him yet) needs to work on parts of his game. He will always be average or above at best.
Tolman would not have missed the tackle Eastwood did on Munster.
2 tries resulted from Jacko’s head knock.
B Moss should have stopped the last try by just wrapping up the ball. Other than that defence was pretty good. Jacko and Hoppa will work on their communication this week so I expect our defence will improve this week. We should get over Roosters forwards its their backs who will threaten most. We always concede a couple of tries to kicks to their tall wingers.
Come on dogs

Last edited:

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree. Some people on here think the NRL is like fantasy Coach. Tolmans not doing it for them so lets trade him. He has a contract and I would rather keep him than pay someone else to have him. He doesn't dominate hit ups but is tidy in defence and can play 80mins. I'm not sure about him on the bench as to me they are meant to be impact players where Tolman is more of a safe solid play all day forward you can depend on when our flashy tough guys get gassed. I know that will not win you any man of the match award but I am guessing his team mates like him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.