Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Farkn hell .. seems there are cracking tracks coming out at the moment.

This one's a tad weak in my opinion, o the soft side of Hard Rock. Song is okay, but nothing amazing. But it's Gus G so I took a listen for the solo. 2:30 and also at 3:30 is what you are after.

Last one, this time Hibria from Brazil ... Very technical and intricate track. Not sure what genre precisely it'd fit in, tis meant to be Power Metal but it's an interesting one. Musically it's brilliant. Vocally sounds like they are taking influence from Maiden.

@Hacky McAxe this one may peak your interest.

The Hibria one is great musically but the singer can't sing to save his life. He's constantly off key.

Never been much of a fan of At the Gates. Musically they're great but something about the singer's voice just shits me. Have to say though that this is much better than their other stuff.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Right in time for Mardis Gras .. New Judas Priest. Not bad either.

But this... this new track from Kamelot that just dropped... is bloody brilliant. The riffs are absolutely killer. Never heard of them before.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Between the Buried and Me sounds like Korn if they took up Tech Death

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New albums are out today from Judas Priest, Conjurer and Between the Buried and Me.

Given Conjurer a quick spin and it's not bad but new Judas is some of their best. Sounds like a mix of classic Judas and Iron Maiden.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
ARGHHHH

Borealis second release from upcoming album.. I like it .. BUT but but but BUT.... what have they done with the drums and the bass line? Seems like they have synthesied them or used a drum machine, and I can't help but wonder if that effect wasn't there, how much better could this track be.

Typical thrash metal sorta track...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This song has been out for 2 months but it finally has an official film clip

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If I watched this on acid I'm pretty sure my head would explode

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New albums are out today from Judas Priest, Conjurer and Between the Buried and Me.

Given Conjurer a quick spin and it's not bad but new Judas is some of their best. Sounds like a mix of classic Judas and Iron Maiden.
I fucken love the new btbam album.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone get along to watch Quicksand on their Australian tour with Thursday?

Caught them at The Zoo in Brisvegas on Friday night and they were fucking amazing, Walter is the man and although I didn't get any GB songs as the perfect side-dish, Sergio Vega did play bass, which was rad.

On a sour note, took my wife to see Incubus last night for her birthday.....so, so bad.

S.C.I.E.N.C.E is such a killer record and to see some of the rubbish they were pumping out last night is criminal.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah family member went to see them. From the videos they took, Brandons voice sounds fucked (or he was high/drunk as fuck).. off key, breathless... absolute shit.

It all went to shit for them after Morning View in my opinion.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah family member went to see them. From the videos they took, Brandons voice sounds fucked (or he was high/drunk as fuck).. off key, breathless... absolute shit.

It all went to shit for them after Morning View in my opinion.
I've actually gotta say his voice was pretty good, he hit a lot of high notes well and the rest of the band were all solid but they're just so polished, stadium rock....it was just boring af.

The change of sound after Science was amazing and each album they just evolved into what their record company was clearly asking for....

When I first saw them in 2000, the crowd would've been 80-20 in a dudes favour, last night would've been the opposite, chicks were digging it/him, it was like watching Coldplay or something similar.

Snooze fest.