Our draw is horrendous !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
honestly, I'm ok with getting a shit draw this year
First because to be the best you have to beat the best.

So If we do well, its because we earnt it.

Besides all that.
We are in a rebuilding phase.
I think as long as we finish somewhere in the middle of the pack, everyone will be content.

So having a tough draw for 2018 aint such a bad thing.

Lets just hope we get a more favourable draw next year and particularly 2020 where I think we will be back in the game for a legit claim to the title.,

For what its worth, I though we had one of the better draws last year.
Des did nothing with it the useless ****.
Fuck Yea hetters!!! Kill em All!!!!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure how the NRL does their draw when we play the same teams twice within a few weeks BUT u know what to win the comp we must be able to beat everyone anyways so just bring it!

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can get 5 or 6 wins in the first half then we should be sweet. We can get 7 or 8 of our last 12.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We all know that the NRL decides in their head every year who they want to win "for the good of the game" and the draw is another way they can influence that result. Unless everyone plays each other once or twice exactly than it can be manipulated. State of Origin gives them another opportunity to sneak teams through depleted sides. NRL is slowly becoming the new WWF, sports theatre or entertainment. The only thing that keeps me going is the old Cinderella story where the David beats the Goliath and Managements "plans" fail! I don't even look at our draw anymore tbh.
Mate there probably isn't an elite level competition in the world where the draw is even. They are split into divisions, zones and the like. They play each other once, sometimes twice, sometimes 3 times, sometimes never unless in the GF. Look at the US College football system - 134 teams and a season that probably only goes about 12 rounds. Who remembers who came third or fourth in any of the comps? No-one other than rainman (not ours). Yes some teams might make the semis that aren't as strong as some that don't but at the end of the day the 2 best sides are in the GF and the winner deserves their spot.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't mind the tough start we will know exactly what our chances are by round eight.bring it on we'll smash em all

berries62

Waterboy
Reaction score
The draws get tougher the lower you finish the year before because most of the teams you play smacked your arse last time you played them. Different when you're a consistent top 4 side then you look at things with a lot more optimism, knuckleheads.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate there probably isn't an elite level competition in the world where the draw is even. They are split into divisions, zones and the like. They play each other once, sometimes twice, sometimes 3 times, sometimes never unless in the GF. Look at the US College football system - 134 teams and a season that probably only goes about 12 rounds. Who remembers who came third or fourth in any of the comps? No-one other than rainman (not ours). Yes some teams might make the semis that aren't as strong as some that don't but at the end of the day the 2 best sides are in the GF and the winner deserves their spot.
Apart from, say, the Premier League...

But I get your point.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dean pay did raise it from day dot and wasn’t happy with it.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL maybe you want to see the Tigers draw before complaining about ours :tearsofjoy:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It isn't pessimism ,its your garden variety "fear of the unknown" ... I'm all for wrecking parties and smashing stereotypes so I'll wear this underdog tag well.

New CEO, new board, new coach, new captain, new halves, new fullback, new forwards, no Jems, no Grub, no Kas .... and as far as I can tell, no Plan-B if Foran gets hurt.

Also, we'll need Storm to be unorganised without Cronk in Rd1.
We'll need Cronk to hurt himself in Rd 1 to avoid him in Rd 2.
Panthers + Maloney in Rd3.
Resurgent Souths + Inglis in Rd4.
Fuck knows with Raiders (Sezer / Austin) in Rd5 but they pulled our pants own good last year.
Cowboys + Thurston at home in Rd6.
More Chicken-Cronk in Rd7.
There's Eels + Hayne in there with their puffy chests after last years efforts.
There's those fuckin' Broncos and their punchable heads in Brissy.
And the god damned Sharks !!!

Right now it looks like we might have to sacrifice a live animal or something for Ye Footy Gods.
The reality is that there are no easy games. For anyone really. Any team can beat any team on their day, so i havnt even given the "tough draw" a thought.
In any case, the more hard games we play, the more prepared we are come the business end of the year. So bring it on i say!!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Good point. I have tried to think on the best solution for years and the best I've got is a conference system.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
How bout how we play Panthers & Chooks TWICE EACH in the first 8 rounds !!! What a fuckin joke this is.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dunno why people are worried about the panthers. They will be in shambles this season they are fucked

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fcuk the nrl corrupt *****
Watch them push the rorters (roosters) cause with parra this year.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
What would folksey and the team done back in the day?....this is our year..

It's the other teams who should be worried

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We all know that the NRL decides in their head every year who they want to win "for the good of the game" and the draw is another way they can influence that result. Unless everyone plays each other once or twice exactly than it can be manipulated. State of Origin gives them another opportunity to sneak teams through depleted sides. NRL is slowly becoming the new WWF, sports theatre or entertainment. The only thing that keeps me going is the old Cinderella story where the David beats the Goliath and Managements "plans" fail! I don't even look at our draw anymore tbh.
I think that Gerard Sutton makes up the draw behind the scenes in his spare time, when he's brainstorming ways to shaft the Bulldogs.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Instead of fearing, be the feared.
Playing the Roosters and Panthers twice in the first eight rounds is inept drawing.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Easy draw = excuses.
With a tough draw the excuses get used up early in the season. Only the best will be left in our top squad. The dead wood will burn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.