Bulldogs vs Panthers Trial Info and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Considering we have a new spine, one half of a trial is insufficient game time heading into the season IMO.

From the half I saw, the combinations were miles behind the likes of Melbourne.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So Pay is giving the youngsters a chance against a fair dinkum FG side (although it will prob change before they kick off) and still half of you aren't happy. I wonder if you would be still happy if Mbye or Foran or Klemm copped a major injury in the trial if they were playing this week or would everyone be saying how ridiculous it was that we risked them when we already know what they can do. The issue for the kids is not who they are playing with but who they are playing against. They have their shot to impress. Now it's up to them. They go gangbusters and they can force their way into the starting lineup early on. They play like plonkers then hello Sat afternoon footy. I think after 3 months of training them our new coach has some sort of idea who plays well and who doesn't. I'm happy to back his judgement......
Penrith have named a near full strength team?

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
I’m with you on this one

We needed to run most of our top players this Sat

Melbourne will be coming into round one with massive leverage on the back of 4 trials

They played Knights and Warriors

They also played WCC and testimonial for Smith on Friday

We have had 40 minutes with our full strength side (minus Woods)

I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks
The season is a marathon not a sprint , we need the guys firing at the end not the beginning

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because they need the run, very simple. 40 minutes in shit stop start game against the Raiders is barely enough. Now what's the point in sending out a reserve grade side against a full strength Panthers side?
Theres no point playing our reserves either but someone had to play whats your point?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Penrith have named a near full strength team?
Griffin is a supercoach isn't he.....and Penrith never have injury problems.....and let's see how long they play for before we get all worked up about it. I'm still backing our coach. he's pulled all the right reins so far and I've got no reason to doubt him on this part of his plan.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We played our full strength side last week. Where as most other teams played there reserves. Most teams are going into the season with only 1 trail. So who gives a fuck about playing another trail that means nothing.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
We played our full strength side last week. Where as most other teams played there reserves. Most teams are going into the season with only 1 trail. So who gives a fuck about playing another trail that means nothing.
It doesn't matter people will still complain.

I guarantee if the 1st grade side was sent out and we copped a couple of lengthy injuries the "same" people would be saying, what a stupid decision.
Followed by dean pay is shit blah blah blah.

I think it's a really smart move by pay.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering we have a new spine, one half of a trial is insufficient game time heading into the season IMO.

From the half I saw, the combinations were miles behind the likes of Melbourne.
Every team bar 3 teams are going into the season with a new havles combo. Everyone bar 3 teams are in the same boat as us including Melbourne. Most teams have new combos in there spine we are not as far behind as what people are making out.

In fact we are ahead of alot of other teams in terms of the combo with our spine as we have had a longer pre season then everyteam. Most teams have had various disruptions with there spine over the pre season including the world cup, injuries, plus we didnt play finals last year etc. We haven't had these such disruptions. Our entire spine bar Lichaa for a while has spent the whole pre season together. Another trail game isnt going to make the slightest difference at all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m with you on this one

We needed to run most of our top players this Sat

Melbourne will be coming into round one with massive leverage on the back of 4 trials

They played Knights and Warriors

They also played WCC and testimonial for Smith on Friday

We have had 40 minutes with our full strength side (minus Woods)

I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks
Ofcourse our players need a run, the injury excuse is nothing but absolute garbage. We have had more players injured during training than trials ffs.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trials are necessary, Bellamy is giving his players more of a run than ours ffs.
Bellamy had no choice but to play his players. World club challenge then a stupid testimony game. Smith only started pre season training 3 weeks ago so he needs the fitness.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bellamy had no choice but to play his players. World club challenge then a stupid testimony game. Smith only started pre season training 3 weeks ago so he needs the fitness.
No choice? Lol. Bellamy does what Bellamy wants. Trials are valuable and if you see no value in them then theres no point in us discussing this anymore.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Ofcourse our players need a run, the injury excuse is nothing but absolute garbage. We have had more players injured during training than trials ffs.
For me it has nothing to do with injuries, but it's a bonus.
Pay spends the majority of his days and hours with his sqaud, he knows whats right for his team, better than u champ.

Don't get too worked up or you might ruin your lounge.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reserved for my post match in depth tactical analysis.

UPDATE

My in depth tactical analysis has been cancelled due to the club not giving a fuck about a valuable trial game.
Update provided in the original post.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
No choice? Lol. Bellamy does what Bellamy wants. Trials are valuable and if you see no value in them then theres no point in us discussing this anymore.
He chucked some handy facts at ya...
What happend you didn't like it? Haha

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me it has nothing to do with injuries, but it's a bonus.
Pay spends the majority of his days and hours with his sqaud, he knows whats right for his team, better than u champ.

Don't get too worked up or you might ruin your lounge.
Exactly. Pay knows best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He chucked some handy facts at ya...
What happend you didn't like it? Haha
Bellamy gave his player more than 40 minutes last season, didn't have a choice then either?

Status
Not open for further replies.