2018 SG Ball - Discussion Thread (Season Ended)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mateo Tatola was the only one that made the NSW u18's pathways from Canterbury
ive never seen the kid play lets hope he goes good I know it says he made nsw but ive seen a few kids over the years make nsw junior sides and there average. lets hope he goes good

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mateo Tatola was the only one that made the NSW u18's pathways from Canterbury
Barely ours considering we pinched him from Balmain

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where are all the Victorian, Wests, Keebra and Kiwi kids we supposedly pinched?
Who knows. I know 3 from Keebra are playing MM this year (may have lost one to another club). Lost one of the NZ recruits for Jersey Flegg.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who knows. I know 3 from Keebra are playing MM this year (may have lost one to another club). Lost one of the NZ recruits for Jersey Flegg.
The club has been useless and not given an update on the Flegg or Cup squad. Any idea which one bailed from NZ?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SG Ball got hammered 34-16 this week

Tries by:
Michael FAHD (24m)
Logen DILLON (58m)
Jake AVERILLO (66m)

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Despite the recruitment, not much happening with this team. Off the pace compared to the better sides in this age group.

GC8

Waterboy
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got them off the Bulldogs website

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
didn't get to this one anyone good or the team just rubbish
I didn't get to the game either - but have watched three trials and one comp match. They go ok but seem to have a lot of trouble with the speed of teams, or at least the better teams Topine and Picken played well in the games iv seen particularly one on one defence.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club has been useless and not given an update on the Flegg or Cup squad. Any idea which one bailed from NZ?
Might be more bad news with another player mentioned last year who has changed clubs.

paper jam

Waterboy
Reaction score
didn't get to this one anyone good or the team just rubbish
i went to this game badly coached this side. there num 9 gave away about 4 pen on last tackle. the whole game he just kept passing to num 6 who played terrible. great game plan. but I see there still in the team this week. theres to many Polynesians in this forward pack with same body shapes who don't like to push themselves sharks forwards completely different body shapes I don't know who recruits these players but not a very good job

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Won 38-12 over Manly.
James VALEVATU (23m)
Iverson FUATIMAU (27m)
Tommy TALAU (41m)
Ryan GRAY (48m)
Tommy TALAU (54m)
Logen DILLON (64m)
Jackson TOPINE (68m)

Didn't realise Compton Fuatimau (H Matts) brother plays SG Ball for us.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Round 4
vs Balmain at Belmore Sports Ground, Saturday, 1pm

1 Logen DILLON 2 Iverson FUATIMAU 3 Kurt PICKEN 4 Mosese VUKI 5 Kolinio SAUKURU 6 Tommy TALAU 7 James VALEVATU 8 William SAUNDERS 9 Ryan GRAY 10 Penisimani TEAUPA 11 Mateo TATOLA 12 Christopher PATOLO 13 Jackson TOPINE 14 Terence TOOMATA 15 Mosese POPE 16 Justin FILO 17 Issam MERHI 19 Benjamin MALLIA 21 Michael FAHD

Story: https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/02/28/sg-ball-harold-matthews-cup-and-tarsha-gale-cup-teams/
Follow: http://live.nswrl.com.au/match/31e31c7899d7b38b3/8f8194b7499a497c3

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Balmain game - Dogs far too strong - copped a lot of injuries though. Logan Dillon was again a standout at fullback. Seemed to have given up just trying to be the biggest side on the field - could have been a far bigger margin.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dillon seems to be really making a name for himself... Was he one hyped for potentially a big future??

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dillon seems to be really making a name for himself... Was he one hyped for potentially a big future??
I don't think he has been hyped up - when watching games he stands out because of his speed and his aggressive hard running despite being a relatively small frame. Copped a few injuries last year and kept bouncing back. Not suggesting he's a future star but he is playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.