Eels forward Williams charged with drink driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Parramatta Eels recruit Tony Williams fronted court on Wednesday after being charged with mid-range drink driving before Christmas.

The club had informed the NRL of Williams's driving indiscretion and will wait until the matter is resolved before deciding on a potential course of action.

NRL.com has been told Williams immediately rang the club after being pulled over at a random breath test operation during the holidays, and he was remorseful for his mistake.

The matter was adjourned until next month, with the 29-year-old forward later returning to Parramatta's pre-season camp on the Central Coast.

The Eels released a statement on the incident: ''Parramatta National Rugby League Club (PNRL) player Tony Williams appeared in court yesterday regarding a drink driving incident that took place last month.

''Tony did make the club aware of the situation immediately and the NRL Integrity Unit was informed as per our normal process. The matter was adjourned in court until February 14 to allow Tony to complete a safe driving course.

''Once the legal process has been completed the club will work with Tony and his management on the relevant next steps. The club will not make any further comment until the legal proceedings are concluded.''

Parramatta Eels forward Tony Williams.©parraeels.com.au
An NRL spokesman confirmed the integrity unit had been made aware of the situation and was monitoring it closely.

The former Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and Cronulla Sharks player has returned to his junior club on a one-year deal looking to make the most of what he believes is his last chance in the NRL.

In an interview with NRL.com in Alice Springs last month, Williams spoke about the regrets he had throughout his career and admitted he was surprised Eels coach Brad Arthur was willing to hand him a lifeline.

"I'm surprised he took me in," Williams said last month.

''The last couple of years haven't been my best and I've been injured most of the time. I think I've played something like close to 30 games in three years.

''It was a big risk for him. And I'm grateful he's willing to take the risk with me. I'm willing to pay back his faith. I think he's confident that he will get me there. I think we had a bond in that way.

''I'm lucky enough that I have done what I did in the past. I think they based it on what I did in the past. If anyone can get me back I believe Brad Arthur will get me there."

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im sure this is the 2nd time DUI!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol.
On channel 9 in a dogs jersey, even though he plays for parramatta and has played for parramatta before + manly and the sharks.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tony has avoided getting a real job a lot longer than he should have lol. He can retire on what he stole from us alone now though.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wish he could've done this during his time at the club. We may have been able to sack him haha

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not joking that this pisses me off. They don't even have their Lebo rapist story right. If he was a true Bulldogs Lebo rapist. Trust me I say that with pure hate towards the media. Wouldn't he be Muslim and not drink???

Lol wtf are you on about?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least theyve stopped refferring to him as TRex .. its an insault to that species of dinosaur

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
PARRAMATTA Eels recruit Tony Williams has been fined $1000 and had his licence suspended for 12 months by a Sydney magistrate for being “shockingly intoxicated” while driving with three children in the car.

The 29-year-old former NSW State of Origin and Kangaroos representative was sentenced at Parramatta Local Court on Wednesday for mid-range drink driving in December.

Magistrate Jennifer Giles said Williams’s driving had been so dangerous members of the public had called the police.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Poor guy. He's obviously not right in the head at the moment. Hopefully he gets the support he needs and gets through the next 12 months. This doesn't have to define him.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Poor guy. He's obviously not right in the head at the moment. Hopefully he gets the support he needs and gets through the next 12 months. This doesn't have to define him.
I get where your coming from Habs.... but I say he needs a big Fkn uppercut. It’s one thing getting charged DUI on your own but with his kids in the car? WTF? No sympathy from me.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...d/news-story/35e4006adea687522288cf67d485c680

His wife came to pick him up about midnight and he angrily took the keys and drove away with his wife and children — aged four, one and three months — in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.