The Consolidated Cricket Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If they sent that up to the third ump with no decision attached to it and he had to make a decision just on the footage available, i'm all for that given not out. The fact it was given out and the third ump had to say for 100% fact the fielder didn't have his fingers under the ball, there was no replay that could 100% confirm or deny that, so i think it should have been out like the other example.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't care what happened earlier in the summer. That was not a catch and it was 100% clear to me.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't care what happened earlier in the summer. That was not a catch and it was 100% clear to me.
Yeah but can you show me a video screenshot that proves his fingers where not under the ball? It was given out on the field, so the ump needs evidence of this. The catch wasn't taken on concrete, grass will depress with the impact of the ball into the hands even if his fingers are under the ball.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah but can you show me a video screenshot that proves his fingers where not under the ball? It was given out on the field, so the ump needs evidence of this. The catch wasn't taken on concrete, grass will depress with the impact of the ball into the hands even if his fingers are under the ball.
I watched the video. The ground clearly stopped the momentum of the ball. If you didn't see that then I can't help you.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the video. The ground clearly stopped the momentum of the ball. If you didn't see that then I can't help you.
I stand by what i said, there is no angle to prove that he didn't have his fingers under the ball, it was sent up as out so the correct decision was reached. Personally i think the umps should be able to send it up as nfi, than it would have been correctly given not out and all is good.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I stand by what i said, there is no angle to prove that he didn't have his fingers under the ball, it was sent up as out so the correct decision was reached. Personally i think the umps should be able to send it up as nfi, than it would have been correctly given not out and all is good.
Yes there was an angle. The ball hit the floor not his fingers. Blind freddy could see that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The fuck these ***** doing playing cricket in the snow? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Enough of this soft decision nonsense.

It was not out in anyone's language (except Michael Clarke's for some reason).

Roy is a fucking cheat. There is no way you can not know it was grassed.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Trying to get excited about this 20/20 game
Bowling quality is just so shit. It's just enabling so so batsmen to look like superstars.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little early, but what are viewing options for IPL this year?
I use the Cricket Australia live app from Singapore, alas, only games played in Australia are available.
Anyone outside Australia have a suggestion on how to stream? Legally, of course!

~c.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Enough of this soft decision nonsense.

It was not out in anyone's language (except Michael Clarke's for some reason).

Roy is a fucking cheat. There is no way you can not know it was grassed.
Michael clarke was not the only one, most cricketers i have seen comment on it said it should have been out considering it was sent up as out. As before i wish the umps could send up the decision as 'i got no clue, you make a decision based on what evidence is available'.

@Lov_Dog i think https://www.cricketgateway.com/ has the digital rights for it. Do note most of the games start late like midnight or worse aussie time and like 10pm for you

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the south African tests. Good evening viewing
Yeah can't wait, test cricket will always be the pinnacle for me as far as cricket is concerned. Judging by the india test series over there, going to be some nice bowling pitches too which is a good change.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As before i wish the umps could send up the decision as 'i got no clue, you make a decision based on what evidence is available u
Agree there. It's ither out or not. If they can't do that, then go back to giving the batsman the benefit of the doubt.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah can't wait, test cricket will always be the pinnacle for me as far as cricket is concerned. Judging by the india test series over there, going to be some nice bowling pitches too which is a good change.
You can't have bragging rights as a cricket nation until you are the best test nation. Simple as that..

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree there. It's ither out or not. If they can't do that, then go back to giving the batsman the benefit of the doubt.
Yeah couldn't agree more. Just look at lbw decisions, the way the third ump adjudicates those is so different depending on if the on-field ump gives it out or not out. Those are the areas for me that can be frustrating as fan because it causes inconsistent decisions exactly like these two dubious catches we have debated that have had two different outcomes.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael clarke was not the only one, most cricketers i have seen comment on it said it should have been out considering it was sent up as out. As before i wish the umps could send up the decision as 'i got no clue, you make a decision based on what evidence is available'.

@Lov_Dog i think https://www.cricketgateway.com/ has the digital rights for it. Do note most of the games start late like midnight or worse aussie time and like 10pm for you
Knew you'd be the man on this question @DoggiesBoy !! Didn't consider the time difference .. maybe just the playoffs for me then :grinning:

~c.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isn't it refreshing to know that Elise Perry is not a dyke