Adam Elliot

How do you rate Adam Elliot??

• Terrible player. Too many mistakes. Wont feature heavily in fg this year.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ok player, but too many mistakes. bench player at best.

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Gun junior who suffered under desball. Should improve this year, but im not convinced he is a star.

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Gun junior who suffered under desball. Yet to reach his potential. Will be a gun this year.

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again.... the experts want every player to be a jackson or similar.

He has played ONE full year. FFS. He is a young forward. Not everyone can debut and be an absolute superstar...
Exactly. I think the frustrations of the past two years have just got the best of a few people, and because of this it seems that if you make a mistake you should be dragged out the back of the terry lamb grandstand at belmore and shot in the back of the head.
I think he will come good this year. Real good.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I love his attitude. There's purpose in every hit up, every tackle. He has a proper dig. Seriously needs to fix his hands though.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love his attitude. There's purpose in every hit up, every tackle. He has a proper dig. Seriously needs to fix his hands though.
Attitude can not be underestimated! You can have all the skill in the world, but if you dont put in the effort or have a shit attitude you will go nowhere.
As you say, and actually you are the first person to mention his attitude, he has the right attitude and a hell of a lot of heart. He will improve in leaps and bounds this year!!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Attitude can not be underestimated! You can have all the skill in the world, but if you dont put in the effort or have a shit attitude you will go nowhere.
As you say, and actually you are the first person to mention his attitude, he has the right attitude and a hell of a lot of heart. He will improve in leaps and bounds this year!!
Tony Williams - big, strong, quick
Josh Jackson average size, strong, average pace.

What could be the key attribute that differentiates these two.. hmmm..

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JJ had some pretty awful drops when we were in attacking positions.. I can remember at least one game that his handling cost us the game when we were attempting a fight back.

but i don't blame the players I blame Des.. Yes it wasn't Des dropping the ball but it was Des deciding to spend hours on stats and video work and not on ball skills.

Des is the kind of coach that can take a great team to a GF and win.. not one that can take an ordinary team and make them great, or take a player with raw skills and develop them.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JJ had some pretty awful drops when we were in attacking positions.. I can remember at least one game that his handling cost us the game when we were attempting a fight back.

but i don't blame the players I blame Des.. Yes it wasn't Des dropping the ball but it was Des deciding to spend hours on stats and video work and not on ball skills.

Des is the kind of coach that can take a great team to a GF and win.. not one that can take an ordinary team and make them great, or take a player with raw skills and develop them.
Totally agree mate. A happy work environment is a productive working environment. Its no different in sport.
Under Dean Pay everyone seems to be super excited about this year, and just really happy to be there. This will translate to a massive improvement on the field too.
Every player will improve this year.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played only a few games in 2016 so i wouldnt call 2017 his second full year mate.
But if you look at the points i raised, its fair enough that he made mistakes. I wonder how many times he caught the ball as apposed to dropped it?
With a more expansive game plan that hopefully has our forwards standing deeper im sure his error rate will drop.
So like i said, give him 2 months and see where he is at then.
Fair enough
Fair call

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Absolute meat head.

Will do much better when he has a coaches confidence in his ability.

I still think he is teetering between gun player, and solid contributor.
Fucking lol ar its finest.. no.worries Des....

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How is hasler to blame for his handling errors
I hate hasler as much as the rest but can’t blame hasler for his butterfingers.
Also can never forgive him for running across field vs Brisbane at Suncorp from a dropout, then tripping over am dropping the ball without a hand being laid on him.
Reminded me of under 8s when kids run side to side instead of straight and hard.

Reserve bench at best

I think you are a bit harsh Finchie.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How is hasler to blame for his handling errors
I hate hasler as much as the rest but can’t blame hasler for his butterfingers.
Also can never forgive him for running across field vs Brisbane at Suncorp from a dropout, then tripping over am dropping the ball without a hand being laid on him.
Reminded me of under 8s when kids run side to side instead of straight and hard.

Reserve bench at best
You don’t think mistakes and poor decisions happen when team morale is bad? What a narrow minded post. Hasler WAS partly responsible for our handling errors. He was so obsessed with completions he got into some players’ heads. Anyone who would write a player with Elliot’s potential off because he made some mistakes during our club’s most frustrating season in recent memory is a bit of a knee jerk reactionary imho.

You’ll probably be wiping mud off your face soon.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You don’t think mistakes and poor decisions happen when team morale is bad? What a narrow minded post. Hasler WAS partly responsible for our handling errors. He was so obsessed with completions he got into some players’ heads. Anyone who would write a player with Elliot’s potential off because he made some mistakes during our club’s most frustrating season in recent memory is a bit of a knee jerk reactionary imho.

You’ll probably be wiping mud off your face soon.
Ok mr positive
Thumbs up to u
Delayed much

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can’t stand him!

Seems to try and get his head on camera and thrown his opinion whoever holds a microphone.

And runs it up with gusto and trips and falls without a hand laid on him.

His head drives me nuts

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ok mr positive
Thumbs up to u
Delayed much
Lol it’s a good and exciting time at the freaking club, why wouldn’t I feel optimistic? What is so optimistic about assuming that a player who showed a lot of potential in the first part of the season will improve under a better coach? Elliot’s potential was clear. It’s you who is being a bit too negative tbh.

What is the point of being a footy fan if we aren’t going to be optimistic sometimes? Beats following it as some sort of curmudgeonly misery guts who expects the worst all the time

Last edited:

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can’t stand him!

Seems to try and get his head on camera and thrown his opinion whoever holds a microphone.

His head drives me nuts

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t stand him!

His head drives me nuts
You are obsessed with him

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of hate for this guy, and i really dont get it. Sure he made more mistakes as the year went on, but lets look at the facts here.
* Haslers game plan forced errors due to players standing flat and receiving balls close to the line with very little room for error. Especially our forwards.
* It was his first full year of fg, and as is the case with any youngster, the rigours of fg football week in week out take their toll over the course of a year. Hell, even seasoned veterans suffer towards the end of a long season.
* He was often tasked with playing 80 mins, so no doubt this causes fatigue which then leads to mistakes. Also, the more time on the field you play, the more chance there is of making mistakes.
* the guy is only 23. Still very young for a forward.
* He also played country origin.

With a new coach and a massive change in the whole atmosphere of the club there is no doubt in my mind that he will improve this year.
Add to this that Dean Pay, a fellow country boy, is the new coach, and Josh Jackson, another country boy from his local area is now his captain, and will surely take him under his wing, and im excited to see how he goes this year.
Im tipping him to improve in all areas and be a massive success.
What are your thoughts???
Give the kid time and Pay will mould him into another Andrew Ryan, has great attacking skills, runs very good lines and can tackle albeit makes a few errors every now and then but name me a player whose never made a handling error and I’ll stick feathers in my butt and become a Roosters fan! Just quietly I hope no one provides evidence of a mistake free player!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol it’s a good and exciting time at the freaking club, why wouldn’t I feel optimistic? What is so optimistic about assuming that a player who showed a lot of potential in the first part of the season will improve under a better coach? Elliot’s potential was clear. It’s you who is being a bit too negative tbh.

What is the point of being a footy fan if we aren’t going to be optimistic sometimes? Beats following it as some sort of curmudgeonly misery guts who expects the worst all the time
Go away bud
Disliking one player has translated into me not liking my club or looking forward to the year??? Wow
Plz ignore my posts from now on seeing as though I’m sooooo negative
Wouldn’t want to hit you with a dose of reality

The guy is average at best
At best he should be on the bench in fg
Not starting over the likes of rfm, jacko, tolman, Thalia, Fualalo, priest, Tuamaga, martin etc

Status
Not open for further replies.