Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I am all for developing kids from our junior ranks or spotting and flogging promising juniors in other clubs. Then you can cherry pick the gaps with a few marquee buys. I also want to get away from selecting athlete type footballers versus a kid that has innate footballing instinct. I really miss that about the NRL these days...so many big body athletes with no instinct for the game. Give me a baabaa alfie or Kenny any day.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Difficult to say who we’ll need next year, when we haven’t kicked a ball this year.
True, we don’t even know if mbye is gonna flourish or nourish.

P.s nourish is the first word that came to my mind that rhymed with flourish even though it means not what I intended.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldnt even wait till 19, id throw todd carney a bone, cheap pickup good goalkicker, he would have heaps to prove deserves a chance imo.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Best base scenario Win a comp with this squad and have a treasure chest for 2019

Worst case scenario give the comp a shake and still have a treasure chest for 2019

Never will happen again scenario Des coaching us to a boring shithouse season again

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldnt even wait till 19, id throw todd carney a bone, cheap pickup good goalkicker, he would have heaps to prove deserves a chance imo.
Carney? Really ? Deserves a chance lol

The games gone past the likes of him and fellow ‘never learn my lesson’ mate Barba

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wish we could get fusitua and a quality 5/8 or half to partner foran. Mbye is unknown at fullback but he definately has the speed and passing game to be good and i really think lichaa will be a gun this year. We have the australian front row starting and with jacko and RFM i think we have a quality second row which a good spine would love to be behind

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay before anyone says anything, I know the 2018 season hasn’t even started yet but these are some of my favorite topics to see people’s opinions on especially when you consider that we will have atleast 2.3 million to play with but maybe even up to just under 3 million. And it will be Pays chance to build a squad that he likes, So who would you guys like to see wear the blue and white in 2019?

Some good players that are available are:

Josh Papalii
Aiden Sezer
Junior Paulo
Kane Elgey
Felise Kaufusi
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Brock Lamb
Lachlan Coote
Ethan Lowe
Michael Morgan
Justin O’Neil
Josh Mansour
Joesph Manu

Even though we signed Cogger I still included a few half’s in there because you just never know with injuries or with Forans personal issues. Hopefully Foran has put these things behind him but if he hasn’t and we need another half then don’t be surprised if Pay goes after Lamb to reunite Lamb/Cogger in the half’s because he coached them together for the junior Nsw team. Also a lot of this depends on how Mbye goes at Fullback, if he fires then we can focus on other players but if he flops then we have to give everything we have to get RTS.

If Mbye fires and Foran recovers he’s past form then I’d like us to go after;

One of:
1. Joesph Manu
2. Josh Mansour

One of:
1. Papalii
2. Lowe

And as well as Junior Paulo because I think Pay likes the type of player he is.

Even after these signing we would have around a million to play with but can just stay in the bank and chase another superstar the year after.
Look I know everyone here rates Joseph Manu and so do I,but there is a great up and coming outside back who is equally as good as Manu whose name never seems to get a mention and that is Jesse Ramien from the Sharks. Trust me this kid has got a great future, has got a powerful frame, good footwork, speed to burn and can find the tryline. He is a solid defender also, reminds me of a young Josh Morris! His attacking skills are equal to Brenko Lee but can actually defend his line with ease. If Brett and Josh are moving on at seasons end I would dearly love to see Manu and Ramien replace them, both are yet to have breakout years and we should nab them before their prices surge. Personally it would be truly satisfying to poach a couple of good players from both the Roosters and Sharks given they pretty much poach every other good young forward and outside back prospect from other clubs every year!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay before anyone says anything, I know the 2018 season hasn’t even started yet but these are some of my favorite topics to see people’s opinions on especially when you consider that we will have atleast 2.3 million to play with but maybe even up to just under 3 million. And it will be Pays chance to build a squad that he likes, So who would you guys like to see wear the blue and white in 2019?

Some good players that are available are:

Josh Papalii
Aiden Sezer
Junior Paulo
Kane Elgey
Felise Kaufusi
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Brock Lamb
Lachlan Coote
Ethan Lowe
Michael Morgan
Justin O’Neil
Josh Mansour
Joesph Manu

Even though we signed Cogger I still included a few half’s in there because you just never know with injuries or with Forans personal issues. Hopefully Foran has put these things behind him but if he hasn’t and we need another half then don’t be surprised if Pay goes after Lamb to reunite Lamb/Cogger in the half’s because he coached them together for the junior Nsw team. Also a lot of this depends on how Mbye goes at Fullback, if he fires then we can focus on other players but if he flops then we have to give everything we have to get RTS.

If Mbye fires and Foran recovers he’s past form then I’d like us to go after;

One of:
1. Joesph Manu
2. Josh Mansour

One of:
1. Papalii
2. Lowe

And as well as Junior Paulo because I think Pay likes the type of player he is.

Even after these signing we would have around a million to play with but can just stay in the bank and chase another superstar the year after.
The last type of players Canterbury need at the moment are Props, Second rowers and halves because we already have a plethora of young guys coming through such as

Props - Tualau, Ogden, Fualalo

Second Rowers - Elliot, Martin, Toomaga

Halves - Cleeland, Frawley, Lewis, Cogger

Pay’s first priority will no doubt be to mould Mbye into a reliable and consistent 10 season fullback and if he doesn’t gel in that position then our next priority will surely be to purchase a gun established fullback. We desperately need some continuity in our backline due to the uncertain futures of a couple of old heads notably Brett and Josh. I suggest we blood Jayden Okunbar this year at some stage then get on the market and bring Manu and Ramien in. 2019 we mould Cogger to become our long term halfback and hey presto we have a fantastic spine, phenomal forwards and classy backline to finish off. Next thing you know we are winning comp after comp, wouldn’t that be nice.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Look I know everyone here rates Joseph Manu and so do I,but there is a great up and coming outside back who is equally as good as Manu whose name never seems to get a mention and that is Jesse Ramien from the Sharks. Trust me this kid has got a great future, has got a powerful frame, good footwork, speed to burn and can find the tryline. He is a solid defender also, reminds me of a young Josh Morris! His attacking skills are equal to Brenko Lee but can actually defend his line with ease. If Brett and Josh are moving on at seasons end I would dearly love to see Manu and Ramien replace them, both are yet to have breakout years and we should nab them before their prices surge. Personally it would be truly satisfying to poach a couple of good players from both the Roosters and Sharks given they pretty much poach every other good young forward and outside back prospect from other clubs every year!
Forgot about Raimen, there was talks sharks could start him though. Gela-Mosby to (hes happy with family up north) but how long can Cowboys keep him outta first grade.
1. Mbye
2. Montoya
3. Hopoate
4. Suli
5. Raimen
would be pretty good

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
A little birdie , NO a BIG birdie ( hint hint ) mentioned to me earlier this week that his friend Jimmy Tedesco is regretting his move to Latte town.
The pressure is on at Bondi and the players are feeling it .
Coach Robinson is coaching for his career.

Does anyone believe we should have a serious crack at bringing Tadesco to Belmore ?

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
It was also reported by Peter Tunks on talking sport this week that Josh Mansour had asked Phil Gould for an immediate release.
He's always been open of his desire to one day wear the blue and white.
How did we allow this bloke to slip out of our junior system and head West ?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t rate Maumalo to be honest, he will smash through 4 players and score a try one time and drop the ball the next 7 times.

That can be coached out of him.. i would rather a player like that with potential to be destructive then a boring player that makes me fall asleep like holland.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is from a rooster fan

I don't get our recruitment plan we already have Toups/Fergo/SKD who are better wingers than centres why do we need Mansour as well, allocation of cap resources is totally off.

How the hell a roosters fan can whinge about there clubs recruiting is astonishing

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was also reported by Peter Tunks on talking sport this week that Josh Mansour had asked Phil Gould for an immediate release.
He's always been open of his desire to one day wear the blue and white.
How did we allow this bloke to slip out of our junior system and head West ?

He went to South Sydney first didn't he?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A little birdie , NO a BIG birdie ( hint hint ) mentioned to me earlier this week that his friend Jimmy Tedesco is regretting his move to Latte town.

Does anyone believe we should have a serious crack at bringing Tadesco to Belmore ?

We shouldn't chase any fullback until we see how mbye goes

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Highly doubtful, once the season starts and they are winning all that will fade away.