Adam Elliot

How do you rate Adam Elliot??

• Terrible player. Too many mistakes. Wont feature heavily in fg this year.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ok player, but too many mistakes. bench player at best.

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Gun junior who suffered under desball. Should improve this year, but im not convinced he is a star.

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Gun junior who suffered under desball. Yet to reach his potential. Will be a gun this year.

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

willow dogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of hate for this guy, and i really dont get it. Sure he made more mistakes as the year went on, but lets look at the facts here.
* Haslers game plan forced errors due to players standing flat and receiving balls close to the line with very little room for error. Especially our forwards.
* It was his first full year of fg, and as is the case with any youngster, the rigours of fg football week in week out take their toll over the course of a year. Hell, even seasoned veterans suffer towards the end of a long season.
* He was often tasked with playing 80 mins, so no doubt this causes fatigue which then leads to mistakes. Also, the more time on the field you play, the more chance there is of making mistakes.
* the guy is only 23. Still very young for a forward.
* He also played country origin.

With a new coach and a massive change in the whole atmosphere of the club there is no doubt in my mind that he will improve this year.
Add to this that Dean Pay, a fellow country boy, is the new coach, and Josh Jackson, another country boy from his local area is now his captain, and will surely take him under his wing, and im excited to see how he goes this year.
Im tipping him to improve in all areas and be a massive success.
What are your thoughts???
He has to improve a whole lot before I think he a first grader

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think he could be a Jacko V.2.. time will tell.
Potentially better (big call I know!). Has more speed and mobility so depends on him developing his defence and improving his handling.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You either have it or u dont. This guy definately doesn't have it. Most players dont get as many chances in FG as this guy has had, Desball or not. Can't tackle, can't do shit, and i have watched him in lower levels too. Nothing special at all, if it wasnt for Desball then he would never have had a chance in FG.
RFM shits all over him in every facet of the game, so i dont see how he deserves a.spot over him or even Rhys martin for that matter.
Doesnt even deserve a bench spot over fualalo or tualau etc etc
RFM st this stage needs to improve on his workrate, poor decision making & his defensive reads last season were very lazy- but he can be our x-factor under Pay
Big call on Rhys Martin, yet to debut at NRL level let alone week in/week out-big step up in speed/intensity from ISP.

Last edited:

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
RFM st this stage needs to improve on his workrate, poor decision making & his defensive reads last season were very lazy- but he can be our x-factor under Pay
Big call on Rhys Martin, yet to debut at NRL level let alone week in/week out-big step up in speed/intensity from ISP.
I agree with the Rhys Martin comment from Moey. If given the opportunity, he will show he's a first grade quality back rower and easily the best goal kicker in the club.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He works hard and has a crack. He can become an awesome player, just like Jackson—who does not really have great physical attributes, but his game is built on hard work.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I would have him in my 17 at this stage. This year will be his break out year now that Des has gone.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. Both are at a similar point in their careers though. Im expecting both of them to excel this year.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You might be right but goes to show you what i think of Elliott and how shit he is.

Martin has shown a lot more promise in Nsw Cup and in world cup and can kick goals.

RFM needs consistent game time not like the 5mins he was given under Hasler or not used at all once or twice. He can break tackles offload create something out of nothing and defence wont run over him like they do Elliott.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You might be right but goes to show you what i think of Elliott and how shit he is.

Martin has shown a lot more promise in Nsw Cup and in world cup and can kick goals.

RFM needs consistent game time not like the 5mins he was given under Hasler or not used at all once or twice. He can break tackles offload create something out of nothing and defence wont run over him like they do Elliott.
Maybe RFM can. But remember. If rumours are true, he will be starting and playing 60mins....

He wont be coming om with 15mins to go against tired forwards.

Easy to break tackle and defend against a tired middle third when your fresh...

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If Elliott gets the 13 jumper and RFM/JJ are on the flanks then one could expect Elliott to be running off some short balls from Klemm/Woodsy/Lich. I can only see good things there in attack and his defence is as good as any second rower getting around. given he is younger than everyone else in the pack RFM (who is 18mths older) included he will be even better this season. He looked bigger in the shoulders when I spoke with him before Xmas so he is obviously working on his size to break more tackles and hit harder in defence.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe RFM can. But remember. If rumours are true, he will be starting and playing 60mins....

He wont be coming om with 15mins to go against tired forwards.

Easy to break tackle and defend against a tired middle third when your fresh...
Exactly. People forget that elliot was pften expected to punch out 80 mins, which is really tough in your first full season in the top grade. Its only natural that mistakes will come.
Im not bagging RFM as i also think he has a bright future, but im sure he would have made just as many mistakes as elliot if he played 80 mins on a regular basis, if not more.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Elliott gets the 13 jumper and RFM/JJ are on the flanks then one could expect Elliott to be running off some short balls from Klemm/Woodsy/Lich. I can only see good things there in attack and his defence is as good as any second rower getting around. given he is younger than everyone else in the pack RFM (who is 18mths older) included he will be even better this season. He looked bigger in the shoulders when I spoke with him before Xmas so he is obviously working on his size to break more tackles and hit harder in defence.
I really cant wait to see how we line up in rd 1!!! Even more so how we play.
The reality is that there is likely going to be a few surprises, and im backing Elliot to be one of those.
Bring it on melbourne!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are right
It's the same niff nuffs who put shit on dale finucane

I think Elliot is much the same
I think he will be a rep player

Fuck the haters who don't know what the fuck they are talking about
Haha. Here here mate. People are entitled to their opinions, but i find it rediculous when people say that a certain player is fucking useless, or should never play fg again etc etc. Its just bullshit. We all know how many great juniors never even make it to fg, so to even make it to fg is a pretty massive achievement.
Then we have a player like Elliot who has shown plenty of potential and even managed to nail down a starting spot in his first full season of fg, yet people who obviously consider themselves smarter then a fg coach who say he is fucking useless. Its simply not true.
But I digress. You cant often change peoples opinions.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion mate, but you are probably his biggest hater on here, and i think it is a little unwaranted. Bar that clumsy fall of course. Give it to him for that. Lol
Im not blaming hasler for his errors, im simply suggesting that the style of play that he insisted on made it very difficult for our forwards. It revolved around players like graham and kas passing close to the line, and with very little room for error.
Imagine its your first full year in the top grade and every time you run the ball up you are smashed by the defense because they already knew the play, and you were instructed to play very flat with no run up. Of course you start to take that second look at the defense and then you are more likely to drop the ball.
Sure enough it was Elliot who dropped the ball, but give him 2 months of football under Deano and then make your assessment. Dont just write him off and call him out as being shit.
Ok he’s average at best
It wasn’t his first full year
He trained full time with the side in 2016 too
He has feet for hands
I’m no hater mate
I want what’s best for the bulldogs team
And imo what’s best for the side is for him to be somewhere in reserve grade where he can learn the basic skill of holding the fudging ball.
Remember in under 6s the coach said “the ball is gold” hang onto the *****

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Short balls
Will he catch them
He drops them with no pressure what so ever
Imagine a short ball

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok he’s average at best
It wasn’t his first full year
He trained full time with the side in 2016 too
He has feet for hands
I’m no hater mate
I want what’s best for the bulldogs team
And imo what’s best for the side is for him to be somewhere in reserve grade where he can learn the basic skill of holding the fudging ball.
Remember in under 6s the coach said “the ball is gold” hang onto the *****
He played only a few games in 2016 so i wouldnt call 2017 his second full year mate.
But if you look at the points i raised, its fair enough that he made mistakes. I wonder how many times he caught the ball as apposed to dropped it?
With a more expansive game plan that hopefully has our forwards standing deeper im sure his error rate will drop.
So like i said, give him 2 months and see where he is at then.

Status
Not open for further replies.