Adam Elliot

How do you rate Adam Elliot??

• Terrible player. Too many mistakes. Wont feature heavily in fg this year.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ok player, but too many mistakes. bench player at best.

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Gun junior who suffered under desball. Should improve this year, but im not convinced he is a star.

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Gun junior who suffered under desball. Yet to reach his potential. Will be a gun this year.

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He looks ok. But the proof will be in the pudding this year under Pay.

Il give them all a clean slate
Yeah i agree. If he is no better at the end of the year then he will deserve the chop. But i doubt this will be the case.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is hasler to blame for his handling errors
I hate hasler as much as the rest but can’t blame hasler for his butterfingers.
Also can never forgive him for running across field vs Brisbane at Suncorp from a dropout, then tripping over am dropping the ball without a hand being laid on him.
Reminded me of under 8s when kids run side to side instead of straight and hard.

Reserve bench at best
You are entitled to your opinion mate, but you are probably his biggest hater on here, and i think it is a little unwaranted. Bar that clumsy fall of course. Give it to him for that. Lol
Im not blaming hasler for his errors, im simply suggesting that the style of play that he insisted on made it very difficult for our forwards. It revolved around players like graham and kas passing close to the line, and with very little room for error.
Imagine its your first full year in the top grade and every time you run the ball up you are smashed by the defense because they already knew the play, and you were instructed to play very flat with no run up. Of course you start to take that second look at the defense and then you are more likely to drop the ball.
Sure enough it was Elliot who dropped the ball, but give him 2 months of football under Deano and then make your assessment. Dont just write him off and call him out as being shit.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to hear it Mr. Het. Perhaps its just a few that dislike him but often post their dislike. It just seemed to me that a lot of people were putting the boot in.
I think he will really develop this year. Im sure he can get rid of the mistakes if he plays closer to 60 mins at lock.
You are right
It's the same niff nuffs who put shit on dale finucane

I think Elliot is much the same
I think he will be a rep player

Fuck the haters who don't know what the fuck they are talking about

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of hate for this guy, and i really dont get it. Sure he made more mistakes as the year went on, but lets look at the facts here.
* Haslers game plan forced errors due to players standing flat and receiving balls close to the line with very little room for error. Especially our forwards.
* It was his first full year of fg, and as is the case with any youngster, the rigours of fg football week in week out take their toll over the course of a year. Hell, even seasoned veterans suffer towards the end of a long season.
* He was often tasked with playing 80 mins, so no doubt this causes fatigue which then leads to mistakes. Also, the more time on the field you play, the more chance there is of making mistakes.
* the guy is only 23. Still very young for a forward.
* He also played country origin.

With a new coach and a massive change in the whole atmosphere of the club there is no doubt in my mind that he will improve this year.
Add to this that Dean Pay, a fellow country boy, is the new coach, and Josh Jackson, another country boy from his local area is now his captain, and will surely take him under his wing, and im excited to see how he goes this year.
Im tipping him to improve in all areas and be a massive success.
What are your thoughts???
Firstly big fan of elliot as he comes from down near my home town. which is actually the same area Dale finucane comes from. i won't lie i was and am a big fan of finucane and saw more potential in him than elliot but hopefully elliot can work hard and be another gun from down south coast cheese town. Im nearly 100% sure jackson has no ties with the far south coast BUT he is a country boy and will lead this great club to some success.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of hate for this guy, and i really dont get it. Sure he made more mistakes as the year went on, but lets look at the facts here.
* Haslers game plan forced errors due to players standing flat and receiving balls close to the line with very little room for error. Especially our forwards.
* It was his first full year of fg, and as is the case with any youngster, the rigours of fg football week in week out take their toll over the course of a year. Hell, even seasoned veterans suffer towards the end of a long season.
* He was often tasked with playing 80 mins, so no doubt this causes fatigue which then leads to mistakes. Also, the more time on the field you play, the more chance there is of making mistakes.

With a new coach and a massive change in the whole atmosphere of the club there is no doubt in my mind that he will improve this year.
Add to this that Dean Pay, a fellow country boy, is the new coach, and Josh Jackson, another country boy from his local area is now his captain, and will surely take him under his wing, and im excited to see how he goes this year.
Still cant see the hype in this guy... Clumsy looking player without much up top... I named him Adam Idiot... HopeHpay can turn him round and prove me wrong.. Cmon dogs!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's got potential but has a really nasty habit of making crucial game changing errors.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Firstly big fan of elliot as he comes from down near my home town. which is actually the same area Dale finucane comes from. i won't lie i was and am a big fan of finucane and saw more potential in him than elliot but hopefully elliot can work hard and be another gun from down south coast cheese town. Im nearly 100% sure jackson has no ties with the far south coast BUT he is a country boy and will lead this great club to some success.
Your right mate, he was born in gulong and played for the gulgong bull terriers and mudgee dragons. Its strange, i always thought he was from down south like finucane.
Anyway,Elliot has massive potential and im really excited to see how he improves this year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's got potential but has a really nasty habit of making crucial game changing errors.
Coincidence? Errors are made when they are made. Perhaps its just the fact that we were shit last year and this meant that any mistake was game changing???.....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still cant see the hype in this guy... Clumsy looking player without much up top... I named him Adam Idiot... HopeHpay can turn him round and prove me wrong.. Cmon dogs!
The hype came from his junior days. It may well turn out that it was just hype, but the dogs have a very proud and long hystory of turning out good forwards. Im sure he will come good.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
In the great tradition of Mitch Newton another Canterbury forward with hands like plates of butter.
But if he has heart like Mitch he will go ok.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When he started in FG, I started to believe he may be the next David Gillespie.
Sadly, he has not made the transition to being a very good player. But he is honest, works hard, and is totally reliable.
Now he is being coached by a gun forward, I expect him to make the next step. I think he will be competing against Tualau and Tolman for the lock position.
The ball is now in his court.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His composure is shit and that leads to sloppy errors. I remember that time he was running and tripped over nothing and dropped the ball lol. He needs to get that sorted otherwise he will just remain an average player with decent skillset he can never take full advantage of.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
He goes ok, had some great moments last year. I do think he goes as hard as he can every game but just cause he tried his hardest doesn't mean we should keep him. He is the Josh Reynolds of our forward pack.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You either have it or u dont. This guy definately doesn't have it. Most players dont get as many chances in FG as this guy has had, Desball or not. Can't tackle, can't do shit, and i have watched him in lower levels too. Nothing special at all, if it wasnt for Desball then he would never have had a chance in FG.
RFM shits all over him in every facet of the game, so i dont see how he deserves a.spot over him or even Rhys martin for that matter.
Doesnt even deserve a bench spot over fualalo or tualau etc etc

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When he started in FG, I started to believe he may be the next David Gillespie.
Sadly, he has not made the transition to being a very good player. But he is honest, works hard, and is totally reliable.
Now he is being coached by a gun forward, I expect him to make the next step. I think he will be competing against Tualau and Tolman for the lock position.
The ball is now in his court.
Lol at Gillespie comparison. If Gillespie was the cement truck, Elliot is the Ice cream truck cause of his soft serve defence...

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolute meat head.

Will do much better when he has a coaches confidence in his ability.

I still think he is teetering between gun player, and solid contributor.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam Elliot is from the far south coast. He was captain of our NSW Cup side a few seasons back. Very high workrate particularly defensively. Has difficulty with ball security. Under Pay however with his mobility he can become a gun lock.
Showed he’s not out of place at rep level during the City/Country game

Status
Not open for further replies.