Adam Elliot

How do you rate Adam Elliot??

• Terrible player. Too many mistakes. Wont feature heavily in fg this year.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ok player, but too many mistakes. bench player at best.

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • Gun junior who suffered under desball. Should improve this year, but im not convinced he is a star.

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Gun junior who suffered under desball. Yet to reach his potential. Will be a gun this year.

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of hate for this guy, and i really dont get it. Sure he made more mistakes as the year went on, but lets look at the facts here.
* Haslers game plan forced errors due to players standing flat and receiving balls close to the line with very little room for error. Especially our forwards.
* It was his first full year of fg, and as is the case with any youngster, the rigours of fg football week in week out take their toll over the course of a year. Hell, even seasoned veterans suffer towards the end of a long season.
* He was often tasked with playing 80 mins, so no doubt this causes fatigue which then leads to mistakes. Also, the more time on the field you play, the more chance there is of making mistakes.
* the guy is only 23. Still very young for a forward.
* He also played country origin.

With a new coach and a massive change in the whole atmosphere of the club there is no doubt in my mind that he will improve this year.
Add to this that Dean Pay, a fellow country boy, is the new coach, and Josh Jackson, another country boy from his local area is now his captain, and will surely take him under his wing, and im excited to see how he goes this year.
Im tipping him to improve in all areas and be a massive success.
What are your thoughts???

Last edited:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of uate for this guy, and i really dont get it. Sure he made more mistakes as the year went on, but lets look at the facts here.
* Haslers game plan forced errors due to players standing flat and receiving balls close to the line with very little room for error. Especially our forwards.
* It was his first full year of fg, and as is the case with any youngster, the rigours of fg football week in week out take their toll over the course of a year. Hell, even seasoned veterans suffer towards the end of a long season.
* He was often tasked with playing 80 mins, so no doubt this causes fatigue which then leads to mistakes. Also, the more time on the field you play, the more chance there is of making mistakes.
* the guy is only 23. Still very young for a forward.
* He also played country origin.

With a new coach and a massive change in the whole atmosphere of the club there is no doubt in my mind that he will improve this year.
Add to this that Dean Pay, a fellow country boy, is the new coach, and Josh Jackson, another country boy from his local area is now his captain, and will surely take him under his wing, and im excited to see how he goes this year.
Im tipping him to improve in all areas and be a massive success.
What are your thoughts???
Once hes learnt to be more settled he will alright. Some of his mistakes were from trying to play the ball. May be too quick.
Looks like a typical no-nonsense bulldogs forward. Run hard, hit harder. Mobile too.

A

Alexander the Great

Once hes learnt to be more settled he will alright. Some of his mistakes were from trying to play the ball. May be too quick.
Looks like a typical no-nonsense bulldogs forward. Run hard, hit harder. Mobile too.
i think he could be a Jacko V.2.. time will tell.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think he the potential to be a very good player, I expect him to emulate Finucane's early years. Will make a few errors here and there, however it would seem Pay wants to simplify his role by moving him away from the edge. I really hope it settles him down abit and reduces his handling errors.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How is hasler to blame for his handling errors
I hate hasler as much as the rest but can’t blame hasler for his butterfingers.
Also can never forgive him for running across field vs Brisbane at Suncorp from a dropout, then tripping over am dropping the ball without a hand being laid on him.
Reminded me of under 8s when kids run side to side instead of straight and hard.

Reserve bench at best

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't see him play as a junior so everything I've seen of him is based on his NRL games. He hasn't shown anything to suggest he'll be a star. But he can run some decent lines and play with a bit of aggression. One of the recent articles gives me some hope that he's got some extra skills that we haven't seen yet. He cops more flak about his handling than Manu Vatuvei which I think is unwarranted. I'm happy to have him in the team.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like Elliot but the jury is still out on him, I’d love for him to kick on and be Eastwood’s permenant replacement in the side as the lock but we just have to wait and see. We just need him to really make sure he’s Defence is top notch and that he runs as hard as he did at the start of last season.

Reactions: DT

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Just hold the ball.

Reactions: DT

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm his biggest fan I think
Good to hear it Mr. Het. Perhaps its just a few that dislike him but often post their dislike. It just seemed to me that a lot of people were putting the boot in.
I think he will really develop this year. Im sure he can get rid of the mistakes if he plays closer to 60 mins at lock.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He had that 6 week period where he was fucking great on the edge and then he fell off again. I like him but.
This is true. But i think it was a really rough year for him. It was his first full year in the top grade, team morale was at an all time low, he was playing big mins in a team that seemed to always be defending, and he was stuck playing desball which had him standing really flat trying to catch the ball with the defense in his face.
None of these things will be an issue next year, so i am without doubt he will have a great year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Needs to improve his hands. Runs good lines, tackles hard but drops the ball on a lot of occasions. Was a problem Finucane had with us as well and he seems to be fine at Melbourne now so we'll see.
I agree. But i put that down to desball. His style, or lack thereof, was a big issue. The whole team would stand really flat and then get an average pass from lichaa, and the defense would be right on him. This style also made our farwards easy game because the defending team knew that 9 times out of 10 a forward would be the first to hit it up.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is still young, so these things will come together for him soon. Hopefully this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.