I keep watching the 80 year anniversary video

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think every time I watch his video of Canterbury’s 80 Year History it makes me feel like I’m part of the biggest and best family club in history. This video should be shown to every bulldogs player that joins as a motivational video.

Let’s all watch it again to get us ready for a fresh 2018 season and unite together to bring this club back to success.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched that video heaps last year, it was so depressing seeing the direction the club was going. Thankfully that era has come to an end and hopefully Dean Pay does really well in the coming years.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You forgot...

2012 was handed to him on a platter, he had nothing to do with the roster that was assembled that year.
2013 was am abysmal, inconsistent year, where we got knocked out week 1 of the finals. This was Des's first full year in charge if you take into account the entire pre-season/off-season.
2014 was another disaster of a year where we were very lucky to makes the grand final, after finishing 7th on the ladder
2015 was a shit house year again, where we struggled to beat an injury-ravaged Dragons team in week 1 of the finals before being beaten by Brisbane
2016 was a wash, rinse, repeat of 2015, even though we have a chance for a top 4 finish, we struggled and lost 4 games in a row to end a very poor season
2017 was an even shitter year than 2016.
bro that's why i watched it like a million times, for the last 5 years, it's been hell...

Love it mate!
When I read the title I initially thought fuck this bloke is old if he’s been married 80 years lol
HAHA na bro, i'll change the thread title

Far too long between no. 8 & no. 9. When we do get there we need to make it a dynasty.
Exactly bro !

I watched that video heaps last year, it was so depressing seeing the direction the club was going. Thankfully that era has come to an end and hopefully Dean Pay does really well in the coming years.
Hence why we should show this to all the players that are new to the club

Brilliant video - well narrated by Rabs too!
Rabs make the video!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think every time I watch his video of Canterbury’s 80 Year History it makes me feel like I’m part of the biggest and best family club in history. This video should be shown to every bulldogs player that joins as a motivational video.

Let’s all watch it again to get us ready for a fresh 2018 season and unite together to bring this club back to success.

Cheers for posting this. I have not sen it before. Gave me goosebumps. Fuck i love our club!!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I just watched this video again. I bloody love it. But I tell you what... it's tough seeing Reynolds at 4:17 run out at Belmore.

Up yours, Des.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great video. Kevin Ryan in the 1967 jersey. That's my vote for our heritage jersey.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I love the whole thing. The video footage the drone captured flying over Belmore Sports Ground and the train moving alongside it - spectacular :grinning:

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the whole thing. The video footage the drone captured flying over Belmore Sports Ground and the train moving alongside it - spectacular :grinning:
Can't wait for the season !

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s just fucking LEGENDARY..!!! Thanks for the post menteek..!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
excellent video!!! i loved the 2014 pre GF video too, certainly hits you in the feels.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brilliant video - well narrated by Rabs too!
His live commentary suffers alot these days alongside Gus, however for stuff like this its perfect.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like the YouTube video Bulldogs 70yr anniversary highlights very worth it boys berries to Bulldogs 70year tribute might be called

Last edited:

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I Love the video makes me very proud to be part of this great club, I'm just
a little
disappointed that Terry Lamb amongst others get special mention but not Steve Mortimer who I believe played a major role in making our club great. In my opinion he is our greatest player ever, also very sad to see Reynolds running out proudly wearing our colours I'm sure he misses our club & would come back at the drop of a cap. BULLDOGS FOR EVER.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I Love the video makes me very proud to be part of this great club, I'm just
a little
disappointed that Terry Lamb amongst others get special mention but not Steve Mortimer who I believe played a major role in making our club great. In my opinion he is our greatest player ever, also very sad to see Reynolds running out proudly wearing our colours I'm sure he misses our club & would come back at the drop of a cap. BULLDOGS FOR EVER.
You see both players are immortals in our club and always will be. The difference with Lamb and Mortimer however is that Turvey was part of a dynasty of legends that dominated the 80s - the players that team had were the best of that golden era.

Terry Lamb had a different affect of the game. He was head and shoulders our best player during the 90s and it was him he broke records such as the 2nd highest number of tries ever, most number of games ever etc... when his career came to an end (originally) in 1995, the year we won the comp. Also Lamb was captain of our greatest ever lineup in the painting, Berries to Bulldogs.

Both players are very hard to split though, but I think Lamb only just inches in front of Turvey, but it's a matter of opinion.

A

Alexander the Great

You see both players are immortals in our club and always will be. The difference with Lamb and Mortimer however is that Turvey was part of a dynasty of legends that dominated the 80s - the players that team had were the best of that golden era.

Terry Lamb had a different affect of the game. He was head and shoulders our best player during the 90s and it was him he broke records such as the 2nd highest number of tries ever, most number of games ever etc... when his career came to an end (originally) in 1995, the year we won the comp. Also Lamb was captain of our greatest ever lineup in the painting, Berries to Bulldogs.

Both players are very hard to split though, but I think Lamb only just inches in front of Turvey, but it's a matter of opinion.

Does anyone have a clue where I could get a high res version of this picture/painting. I would love to get it framed in a large version for the house?