The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Wahesh are you the lead product developer behind .... wait for it......

LADY DORITOS!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...ritos-such-a-big-deal/?utm_term=.9d72fc6e6456

Smaller chip, less crunch...

It's like they read your mind mate!
I will personally that Chewbacca to Coles and physically put them in her hands and make sure she doesn't get any apples on the way out. I am THAT serious about this!

My goodness everytime the apple comes out, I piss off.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
FFS... it's on right now. FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK.

CHEW WITH YOUR FKN MOUTH SHUT FFS

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
FFS... it's on right now. FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK.

CHEW WITH YOUR FKN MOUTH SHUT FFS
One day there's goig to be a murder in your office building... and I already know the suspect and victim.

Is noisy horse eater hot though (and therefore slightly forgivable)? Or not a redeeming feature there at all?

Wahesh

Reaction score
One day there's goig to be a murder in your office building... and I already know the suspect and victim.

Is noisy horse eater hot though (and therefore slightly forgivable)? Or not a redeeming feature there at all?
She's about as redeemable as you can for a 50 year old.
If she was hot enough I would still feel the Earth shaker beneath me every time she chews.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
khuntz waving pamphlets in your face when you walk down the street trying to sell you membership of some shitty offer
and collectors for charities
what does one do, ignore them or just nod and keep going

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
khuntz waving pamphlets in your face when you walk down the street trying to sell you membership of some shitty offer
The ones in Brisbane are trickier than the ones in Sydney. In Sydney you just ignore them and keep walking. In Brisbane they follow you. I found the steepest set of stairs I could and walked straight up and they followed me right up the stairs while talking to me.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You need to develop the thousand yard stare.

I know that the charity dollar is tough and competitive, but chuggers just aren't the answer..

I regrettably withdrew long term support for a charity about 5 years ago due to my objection to their use.

I sometimes wonder if either the chugger to the charity actually make any money from this? They must do, for this charade to keep going.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The ones in Brisbane are trickier than the ones in Sydney. In Sydney you just ignore them and keep walking. In Brisbane they follow you. I found the steepest set of stairs I could and walked straight up and they followed me right up the stairs while talking to me.
I just say to them "Sorry, I'm on a hurry" or get my phone out and pretend I'm talking on it when I see them from a distance. There are a few tricks you can do. In Pitt Street Mall, there's a 4-5 story escalator that leads you into Westfield. See if they'll follow you there.

I remember one time some fat guy was trying to sell me Fitness First membership. I said to him "Sorry mate, looks like you can use that membership more than me" and kept on walking.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just say to them "Sorry, I'm on a hurry" or get my phone out and pretend I'm talking on it when I see them from a distance. There are a few tricks you can do. In Pitt Street Mall, there's a 4-5 story escalator that leads you into Westfield. See if they'll follow you there.

I remember one time some fat guy was trying to sell me Fitness First membership. I said to him "Sorry mate, looks like you can use that membership more than me" and kept on walking.
That's how I found out the Brisbane ones follow you. I said, "Sorry, I'm in a hurry", she said, "That's ok, I'll talk with you"

After that I got in the habit of saying, "I literally just talked to you 10 minutes ago. Don't you remember me?"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's how I found out the Brisbane ones follow you. I said, "Sorry, I'm in a hurry", she said, "That's ok, I'll talk with you". After that I got in the habit of saying, "I literally just talked to you 10 minutes ago. Don't you remember me?"
I don't get them much anymore because I do that "confident but fucked off at the world" walk past them.

Works a treat.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get them much anymore because I do that "confident but fucked off at the world" walk past them.

Works a treat.
My favourite one was a skin moisturiser salesman that kept ranting about how good the product was. This was how the conversation went:

Salesman: "we have these wonderful moisturisers that will help your skin soften"

Me: "no thanks, I already use a good moisturiser"

Salesman: "No. I don't think you do. Your skin is so dry and ugly"

Me: "well that's a bit rude"

Salesman: "we have this wonderful product that will help your skin"

Me: "I use the blood of 20 babies per day and it works wonders. I hide their bodies in my basement"

Salesman: "this will work better than that. It really brings out the life in your skin"

Me: "wow. You are one twisted individual. Honestly mate, you're really creeping me out"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My favourite one was a skin moisturiser salesman that kept ranting about how good the product was. This was how the conversation went:
I used to use two:
On most charities - "I'll give your organisation money, when your CEO stops getting a six to seven figure income a year."
On World Vision, etc- "Why should I bother giving you $20 a year... they are just going to due anyway".

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Salesman: "we have these wonderful moisturisers that will help your skin soften"

Me: "no thanks, I already use a good moisturiser"

Salesman: "No. I don't think you do. Your skin is so dry and ugly"

Me: "well that's a bit rude"

Salesman: "we have this wonderful product that will help your skin"

Me: "I use the blood of 20 babies per day and it works wonders. I hide their bodies in my basement"

Salesman: "this will work better than that. It really brings out the life in your skin"

Me: "wow. You are one twisted individual. Honestly mate, you're really creeping me out"
Like do you just throw them all over the floor in your basement or do you have them neatly organised into boxes or something?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like do you just throw them all over the floor in your basement or do you have them neatly organised into boxes or something?
Filing cabinets. Can be tricky though 'cause you have to file everything under "d" for "dead baby"

Wahesh

Reaction score
That's how I found out the Brisbane ones follow you. I said, "Sorry, I'm in a hurry", she said, "That's ok, I'll talk with you"

After that I got in the habit of saying, "I literally just talked to you 10 minutes ago. Don't you remember me?"
FKN LOL :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I'll try that one next time.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
further to my rant about pamphlet wavers, I found that ***** working behind food outlets in shopping centres the next generation
they see you stop for a milli second within 10 metres of their shop and they yell out "whar you like" that turns me off and I keep walking as I like to brose sometimes

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I had a scam caller telling me I'd won a trip to Universal Studios for me and the kids. I was like "OMG that's awesome.... except my kids are all dead" .... the silence was golden.

GRIPE TIME!!!

Our place is brand spanking new. This morning a fucking 3-4m tall tree appears on the nature strip. Developers (pre handing over to council) have decided that the most appropriate tree for the nature strip is a fast growing one that grows 8m wide, 15-20m high, sheds fuckloads of leaves, attracts aphids (which will fuck up our impressive roses), attract fucking bats and flying foxes of a night, and the roots will fuck the lawn, kerb, and driveway.

Oh and the entire front yard is a DBYD "No dig zone" due to internet/power/etc.

Clearly no fucking brains this mob.

Trying to get the lawn to grow as it is, and keep our gardens looking mint and last thing I need is this bullshit.