Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Been listening to Trivium's latest album a lot lately. Mainly this song. This album has really grown on me

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume the dudes that are gonna like it are already all over shit I would post. Anyway. How good is this shit aye.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Been listening to Trivium's latest album a lot lately. Mainly this song. This album has really grown on me

Yeah I've switched off it just as the moment (because that USB key in my car only had that album on it)... but it's bloody good. Quite technical in places too.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone heard the Legend of the Seagullmen album? Brent Hinds and Danny Careys new project.

It is more psychedelic rock than metal, but some really interesting shit.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone heard the Legend of the Seagullmen album? Brent Hinds and Danny Careys new project.

It is more psychedelic rock than metal, but some really interesting shit.
Yea I dig it. Wish Tool would just release their album but. A perfect circle dropping in April which will be sweet but fuck Im dying for tool

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea I dig it. Wish Tool would just release their album but. A perfect circle dropping in April which will be sweet but fuck Im dying for tool
I never got into A Perfect Circle. It's much like listening to Karnivool then trying to listen to Birds of Tokyo. It's just not the same.

But Tool is my favourite all time band. They can do no wrong.

I met them about 15 years ago. They're all dickheads. Met a few bands in my life and they're usually really good guys. Tool are just pricks. When I was there they did the usual, "hi, good to meet you" without looking you in the eyes then turned to the women in our group and said, "hey, do you like being fucked up the ass. Come with us and your ass will have the time of its life"

Complete pricks and they are one of the reasons why I never want to meet the people that make the good music. That said, still my favourite band. Their music is brilliant.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never got into A Perfect Circle. It's much like listening to Karnivool then trying to listen to Birds of Tokyo. It's just not the same.

I met them about 15 years ago. They're all dickheads. Met a few bands in my life and they're usually really good guys. Tool are just pricks. When I was there they did the usual, "hi, good to meet you" without looking you in the eyes then turned to the women in our group and said, "hey, do you like being fucked up the ass. Come with us and your ass will have the time of its life"

Complete pricks and they are one of the reasons why I never want to meet the people that make the good music. That said, still my favourite band. Their music is brilliant.
Interesting had a freind and she met apc and said something very similar

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lol heard that before actually. Fuck they're brilliant but. I could listen to them all day

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting had a freind and she met apc and said something very similar
Lol heard that before actually. Fuck they're brilliant but. I could listen to them all day
It was kind of funny from my perspective. I should have been offended but I laughed. One of the chicks with us said, "Fuck off you dirty pricks". Maynard turned to the security guard and said, "I told you that you're not allowed to let any women in here unless they want to get fucked in the ass"

Pete Garret was standing nearby chatting with fans at the time. He stopped, turned to Maynard and said, "What the hell is wrong with you?". Maynard said, "Fuck off your old ****"

I really wanted to see what would come of that but by that stage the chicks had stormed off and we had to follow them.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah man. Met so many bands that turn out to be *****. Chris Cornell to this day is the biggest and most memorable **** of them all. Get in the bin your sour, disrespectful dicksplat.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah man. Met so many bands that turn out to be *****. Chris Cornell to this day is the biggest and most memorable **** of them all. Get in the bin your sour, disrespectful dicksplat.
Funny depends on the mood i guess, i remember that bass player from biohazard comes of as a total **** when he opens his mouth and says anything. But he came up to us in the pit at a slayer show and had a chat with us and came across cool as fuck.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny depends on the mood i guess, i remember that bass player from biohazard comes of as a total **** when he opens his mouth and says anything. But he came up to us in the pit at a slayer show and had a chat with us and came across cool as fuck.
Yeah, I heard shit about them but ended up having a drink with Biohazard and they we're just your average blokes.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay a few interesting ones..

Toto (YES of Africa fame) have released a new track. Sure it's not Metal, but it's pretty rock and a decent track in my opinion.

Speaking of heavy rock... new Breaking Benjamin ... chorus escalated quickly!

Really? Cornell is cool as fuck. Family member has met him and Mike Patton at Soundwave one year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
On an entirely different note, and this is more for music lovers out there who can appreciate all different types of music... any of you heard of Nigel John Stanford before?

I guess you'd class him as EDM, but his musical is as much a visual masterpiece as an aural experience.

He uses cymatic frequencies and other science in his music to create artwork, with (I believe) each album focussing on different sciences. E.g one is robotics, another cymatics, and another solar flares, etc.

Check it out as some of the stuff is bloody amazing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhq7iR65k0gWcraXgLiY1A

Last edited: