The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That old **** that drives it does that Everynight. He fucked up a perfect Lambo by making it look like a kid done it up on need for speed. It's not even a good fake gold paintjob

**** refuses to race me in my lowly SS lol he will smash me but him refusing me makes him look weak lol
Does the number plate start with K

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know but there is only one shitty fake gold colour (looks like a fucked up yellow paintjob) Lambo lol
So it's just paint, it looked OK from a distance
How much would that car be worth

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So it's just paint, it looked OK from a distance
How much would that car be worth
Anywhere from 250k to 750k second hand.

I know it's been worked but that shit paint job would knock off 100k lol

I'm sure that's the Queen Street Customs Lambo that's been resprayed that crap.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's one...

Job advertisements where the salary is not mentioned.

I mean, it's a gigantic waste of everyones time applying, interviewing, even getting to the point of a job offer, only to find out that the salary is fuck all.

(Note hasn't happened to me but it's a valid gripe). Salary guide should be required with any job ad.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anywhere from 250k to 750k second hand.

I know it's been worked but that shit paint job would knock off 100k lol

I'm sure that's the Queen Street Customs Lambo that's been resprayed that crap.
The rego is KINGS2 if that means anything

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Minimum Efpos amounts
I can understand $5 or $10 bucks if the vendor gets charged on small transactions
But a local Malaysian restaurant near me is trying to have a minimum $40 transaction
My bill came to $36 and the cheeky **** was going to charge m an extra $1
I told him that's bullshit in a nice way and he let me off
Q, how much do vendors get charged every time a punter pays by eftpos ?
And if these ***** are trying to make every transaction unde $40 cash surely they are trying to dodge paying tax
What's the law about this

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
isn't the law they have to advertise the transaction fee and can't charge more than $x amount for it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
isn't the law they have to advertise the transaction fee and can't charge more than $x amount for it?
Yep. They had to advertise it and they can't charge more than the excess they are charged. For example, if someone pays with American express then the business gets charged around 1.4% fee (or something like that). So in this case the vendor can only charge 1.4% excess. Any more than that and they're breaking the law.

Vendors are allowed to set a minimum transaction fee at whatever level they like, but if they charge an excess under that fee then the excess must match the excess they are charged. So if they use eftpos and get charges $1 then they can charge $1 for transactions under $40, but if they're not being charged the excess then they can't charge their customers the excess. They can instead say "No eftpos under $40"

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Minimum Efpos amounts
I can understand $5 or $10 bucks if the vendor gets charged on small transactions
But a local Malaysian restaurant near me is trying to have a minimum $40 transaction
My bill came to $36 and the cheeky **** was going to charge m an extra $1
I told him that's bullshit in a nice way and he let me off
Q, how much do vendors get charged every time a punter pays by eftpos ?
And if these ***** are trying to make every transaction unde $40 cash surely they are trying to dodge paying tax
What's the law about this
EFTPOS, using the EFTPOS system (ie: swiping or sticking it in rather than paypass/tap and go)? charges to vendor are bugger all. It does add up if using the MasterCard/Visa system (even if paying with your own money). I note Aldi doesn't chanrge for EFTPOS, but changes 0.5% for MasterCard, so I used EFTPOS every time there.

As for the malaysian guys, i'd vote with my feet (unless its the only restaurant near you and/or the food is awesome).

The biggest difference i've seen are airlines. I used to get slugged $7 for every flight, not its down to a couple bucks.

Remember the day when taxis an brothels would charge 10% for credit cards?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. They had to advertise it and they can't charge more than the excess they are charged. For example, if someone pays with American express then the business gets charged around 1.4% fee (or something like that). So in this case the vendor can only charge 1.4% excess. Any more than that and they're breaking the law.

Vendors are allowed to set a minimum transaction fee at whatever level they like, but if they charge an excess under that fee then the excess must match the excess they are charged. So if they use eftpos and get charges $1 then they can charge $1 for transactions under $40, but if they're not being charged the excess then they can't charge their customers the excess. They can instead say "No eftpos under $40"
Yeah, basically, you can't profiteer from customers choosing to pay by card.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
EFTPOS, using the EFTPOS system (ie: swiping or sticking it in rather than paypass/tap and go)? charges to vendor are bugger all. It does add up if using the MasterCard/Visa system (even if paying with your own money). I note Aldi doesn't chanrge for EFTPOS, but changes 0.5% for MasterCard, so I used EFTPOS every time there.

As for the malaysian guys, i'd vote with my feet (unless its the only restaurant near you and/or the food is awesome).

The biggest difference i've seen are airlines. I used to get slugged $7 for every flight, not its down to a couple bucks.

The Mrs noticed this too. If you tap then it charges a credit charge and charges a surcharge. If you insert and use your pin while selecting eftpos (cheque or savings) then it doesn't charge the surcharge. Almost every time she inserts the card they say "You can just tap your card"

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Mrs noticed this too. If you tap then it charges a credit charge and charges a surcharge. If you insert and use your pin while selecting eftpos (cheque or savings) then it doesn't charge the surcharge. Almost every time she inserts the card they say "You can just tap your card"
I saw it on an episode of the Checkout once. It uses a different system or something.

At Aldi I have become a whizz at inserting the card, punching in my PIN, and packing my groceries at the same time, so that when the time comes to pay i'm not holding anyone up.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man bags :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Was in Granville yesterday to pick up lunch of a birthday. One of the hardest of cun.ts sporting all the latest Adidas apparel, well groomed hair, Craig David-style beard... and a man bag.

Bro - it doesn't make you look hard. No girl wants you more. You look like a tool who hits up prostitutes, beats em up, and then goes home and hugs his mum for making him his favorite dinner.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I don't know about the taxis, I use my own car to go to brothles

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man bags :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Was in Granville yesterday to pick up lunch of a birthday. One of the hardest of cun.ts sporting all the latest Adidas apparel, well groomed hair, Craig David-style beard... and a man bag.

Bro - it doesn't make you look hard. No girl wants you more. You look like a tool who hits up prostitutes, beats em up, and then goes home and hugs his mum for making him his favorite dinner.
don't be a keyboard warrior, say it to Zees face !

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to wonder if 'compulsive trouble make disorder' is an actual condition?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Idiots waiting in the lobby... wait and see if there's someone who wants to GET OUT OF THE ELEVATOR FIRST before you come charging in. I swear one day I'm going to hold a bull bar and go charging out and knock out anyone in my path who dares to block my exit first.