Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Penrith's Tyrone Peachey to join Panthers exodus and join Gold Coast Titans, says The Mole
By The Mole
2 hours ago

Peachey to join Panthers exodus

The exodus from Penrith is set to continue - star utility Tyrone Peachey has agreed to a rich three-year deal with the Titans from 2019.

Peachey's exit follows hot on the heels of the shock move of representative forward Bryce Cartwright, also to the Titans over the weekend.

New Titans coach Garth Brennan has now lured the star duo, along with Mitch Rein and Leilani Latu, to the holiday strip from Penrith.

Tyrone Peachey has signed a three year deal with the Gold Coast from 2019. (AAP)

Peachey isn't a fan of Panthers coach Anthony Griffin and would like an immediate release.

But the Panthers know what a class act he is - and are unlikely to grant the request.

Fiji say show me the money

The Fijians were the big fairytale story of the World Cup late last year - but all is not well with the Bati players.

I'm hearing the players have yet to be paid for their fine efforts in the tournament, including their stunning upset win over New Zealand.

Fijian players are threatening a boycott after not being paid for the World Cup. (AAP)

Players are so angry that they are talking of boycotting their next Test match later this year - unless officials show them the money.

Senior players including Jarryd Hayne, Kevin Naiqama, Ashton Sims, Aku Uate, Api Koroisau and Korbin Sims have backed their younger team-mates, who need the money to survive.

Dragons' favourite son in line for top job

Former Dragons star Mark Coyne is the early favourite to replace outgoing CEO Peter Doust at the Big Red V in 2019.

Coyne had a distinguished career on the field with the club as well as with Queensland at State of Origin level and has been a success in the business world post-football.

Mark Coyne, pictured centre at a NRL promotion in 2000, is in line for the top job at the Dragons. (AAP)

Long-serving Dragons official Michael McDonald is also in contention.

Doust won't be packing his bags until the end of the year - giving the club plenty of time to come up with the new main man.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lynne Anderson leaves Titans board, Rebecca Frizelle and friends buy Titans, and suddenly they look like a club on the upper.

They just need to get the crowds in now (which for 2018 Commonwealth Games could gather some interest).

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I seem to remember hook having a bad repore with players during his time at the broncs? seems like history is repeating itself. So sad. This penrith team has looked really good the past year or so, but it seems to be falling apart now.
Good luck for the titans.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Penrith's Tyrone Peachey to join Panthers exodus and join Gold Coast Titans, says The Mole
By The Mole
2 hours ago

Peachey to join Panthers exodus

The exodus from Penrith is set to continue - star utility Tyrone Peachey has agreed to a rich three-year deal with the Titans from 2019.

Peachey's exit follows hot on the heels of the shock move of representative forward Bryce Cartwright, also to the Titans over the weekend.

New Titans coach Garth Brennan has now lured the star duo, along with Mitch Rein and Leilani Latu, to the holiday strip from Penrith.

Tyrone Peachey has signed a three year deal with the Gold Coast from 2019. (AAP)

Peachey isn't a fan of Panthers coach Anthony Griffin and would like an immediate release.

But the Panthers know what a class act he is - and are unlikely to grant the request.

Fiji say show me the money

The Fijians were the big fairytale story of the World Cup late last year - but all is not well with the Bati players.

I'm hearing the players have yet to be paid for their fine efforts in the tournament, including their stunning upset win over New Zealand.

Fijian players are threatening a boycott after not being paid for the World Cup. (AAP)

Players are so angry that they are talking of boycotting their next Test match later this year - unless officials show them the money.

Senior players including Jarryd Hayne, Kevin Naiqama, Ashton Sims, Aku Uate, Api Koroisau and Korbin Sims have backed their younger team-mates, who need the money to survive.

Dragons' favourite son in line for top job

Former Dragons star Mark Coyne is the early favourite to replace outgoing CEO Peter Doust at the Big Red V in 2019.

Coyne had a distinguished career on the field with the club as well as with Queensland at State of Origin level and has been a success in the business world post-football.

Mark Coyne, pictured centre at a NRL promotion in 2000, is in line for the top job at the Dragons. (AAP)

Long-serving Dragons official Michael McDonald is also in contention.

Doust won't be packing his bags until the end of the year - giving the club plenty of time to come up with the new main man.
Doust is still there? I remember the oust doust campaigns from more than a decade ago

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Doust is still there? I remember the oust doust campaigns from more than a decade ago
Yep he never left. I guess the fans just got over it, much like we probably will when Dib stays.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All is not well in Panther town. First Moylan, then Cartwright now maybe Peachy. Something is going down.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't there some rumours about a player in the dressing room having an affair with a teammates wife, maybe the dressing room is split?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about the tis now though:

1. Gordon
2. Don
3. Hurrel
4. Lee
5. Elliot
6. Elgey
7. Taylor
8. James
9. Peats
10. Wallace
11. Cartwight
12. Proctor
13. Peachey

14. Arrow
15. Latu
16. Lawrence
17. Rein

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anthony griffin seems like the new des hasler and gould is too stubborn to admit he fucked up with him

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
What ive read is 2 things causing a Panfers exodus. The coach is a cnt, and they are making cap space to offer Cleary a massive upgrade to retain him.

Whatever it is, its panfers, so who gives a fk. Its funny :laughing:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What ive read is 2 things causing a Panfers exodus. The coach is a cnt, and they are making cap space to offer Cleary a massive upgrade to retain him.

Whatever it is, its panfers, so who gives a fk. Its funny :laughing:
And i bet cleary doesnt stay and joins his dad

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure MaLOLney didn't come cheap to the Pantsters.

Plus James Tamou and Merrin at almost $750k a season wouldn't be helping things.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I seem to remember hook having a bad repore with players during his time at the broncs? seems like history is repeating itself. So sad. This penrith team has looked really good the past year or so, but it seems to be falling apart now.
It was toxic when he was coach at the Broncos.

Wouldn't listen to the senior player.

He got on well with the players who came through from the lower grades. (because that's all they knew)

Poor Peter Wallace was sacked by Griffin & went to Penrith & then Griffin became the coach.

All the talk that Wallace & Griffin got on at the Panthers was bullshit.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was toxic when he was coach at the Broncos.

Wouldn't listen to the senior player.

He got on well with the players who came through from the lower grades. (because that's all they knew)

Poor Peter Wallace was sacked by Griffin & went to Penrith & then Griffin became the coach.

All the talk that Wallace & Griffin got on at the Panthers was bullshit.
Yeah i thought this was the case. Still cant believe they sacked cleary for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.