Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
England played like us tonight, good defense but cant score to save their lives.
Nah, they played hard and fast from dummy half straight through the middle. Des hated that stuff.
I really hope under Pay that we do play like england did tonight throughout the season (minus the woeful halves). They played hard and fast and were entertaining at times, limited wrestle and thats the direction the game should be heading imo.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was impressed with Watkins defence, hes still pretty young, 27 soon. would like to see a NRL club pick him up, would be sweet if we did. I havent seen much of him, but liked the look of that Currie bloke off the bench for England

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you instill sam burgess mindset in every player not in a key position you would win every game he is the classic meat head its either you or me

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was impressed with Watkins defence, hes still pretty young, 27 soon. would like to see a NRL club pick him up, would be sweet if we did. I havent seen much of him, but liked the look of that Currie bloke off the bench for England
I really rate Watkins, with better halves he could be damaging in attack as well.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Englands halves were average and burgess boys hands for feet

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I really rate Watkins, with better halves he could be damaging in attack as well.
There are some handy backs over in the ESL, some fade in and out (eg Sarginson) but the way Watkins man handled Gagai on numerous occasions tells me he 100% has the goods.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Englands halves were average and burgess boys hands for feet
I think they should have went with G.Williams or tried to get Albert Kelly on rescidency
1. Widdop / Lomax
6. Kelly / Widdop
7. Williams
would have been far more raw and unpredictable. Brown and Gale are old and shit.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Did anyone else find this weird in the Tonga vs Samoa game...

Firstly, one of the most beautiful moments in the tournament, where players from both teams joined in a big circle, arm in arm, and did a unity prayer...

And then seconds later... one of the moment intense, psyched-up haka face-offs...

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did anyone else find this weird in the Tonga vs Samoa game...

Firstly, one of the most beautiful moments in the tournament, where players from both teams joined in a big circle, arm in arm, and did a unity prayer...

And then seconds later... one of the moment intense, psyched-up haka face-offs...

Why did you find it weird? Most Pacific people are devout Christians of various denominations..hence the prayer as a sign of unity as a result of the all the tensions that was created by social media flag burning and street brawls in NZ. The Siva Tau and the Sipi Tau have been performed at the same time before, but on this occasion they were performed at the same time to take the fan confrontation out of it in case rival fans decided to not respect the cultural challenge of either team.

What I found weird was the Toa Samoa team seemed disinterested in the entire tournament and that despite all the issues, most Samoans i Know jumped on the Tongan bandwagon - including myself! lol This was the first time I had ever supported Tonga in anything! TOKOUSO!!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Why did you find it weird? Most Pacific people are devout Christians of various denominations..hence the prayer as a sign of unity as a result of the all the tensions that was created by social media flag burning and street brawls in NZ. The Siva Tau and the Sipi Tau have been performed at the same time before, but on this occasion they were performed at the same time to take the fan confrontation out of it in case rival fans decided to not respect the cultural challenge of either team.

What I found weird was the Toa Samoa team seemed disinterested in the entire tournament and that despite all the issues, most Samoans i Know jumped on the Tongan bandwagon - including myself! lol This was the first time I had ever supported Tonga in anything! TOKOUSO!!!
Well that explanation sums it up pretty well - thanks.

I liked the unity prayer, but I mean it's what I thought was weird was 2 teams arm in arm then having an intense haka - as in from one extreme to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.