NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
houston is a massive city and no income tax is a plus but i think lebron just wants to move his family to los angeles. im a lakers fan though so just trying to convince myself its a massive shot when really lebron seems the type to sign with the spurs or rockets
I would like to see him on the spurs. No better man manager then Pop. And a defence first team. So I reckon he can make a difference. But like you said LA is his dream so not sure if living away from there make sense for him.

But realistically drop him into any top 4-5 seed in the west and they almost become the team to beat. Same way as take him out of the cavs and they become a draft lottery team. Such is the game he brings.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol at Clevelans defense.

Love hopeless on defense. IT can't guard me let alone anyone in the NBA. LeBron barely playing defense. Crowder nothing like he was in Boston. Korner gets threes but is awful on defense. JR waste of space. TT waste of cap space. Rose injury prone. Wade has been good.

One thing I don't like about LBJ fans is they say he has no help. Which may be true but he got these players here . He wanted love. He wanted TT. I bet he has a say on just about every recruit they get.

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah nah the cavs team isn't beating the Warriors in a seven game series, and it won't even be close.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah nah the cavs team isn't beating the Warriors in a seven game series, and it won't even be close.
Yeh I agree. They can’t play defence. They aren’t a consistent offensive team. People in the past they could bank on aren’t the same this year. They need some trades to be competitive. Even getting through the east won’t be easy for them this year.

I think they shot 1/17 at one stage in the 4th the other day. You can’t even beat the bulls shooting that badly in a close game at the end.

Not sure if the cave will go all out for this season as it seems lb won’t be there next season. So either try to keep IT and love and use the pick to rebuild. This is a lottery team without lebron.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Come on the Magic!!!!!!
Pretty gross way to win in the end for the cavs. Lebron looks spent. He made the all stars, he is the captain. There is nothing left for him to play in January. I reckon just give him a few weeks off. Let him prepare his body if they want to be a chance to win the east. Because Lebron looks tired or uninterested and the cavs aren’t playing 48 mins. To go 32% from the field in the second half. It’s mind boggling. Shame you guys didn’t get up in the end.

I think okc coming up for the cavs next. It will get ugly with or without him if tonight’s performance is any indication. So just dnp James to keep him fresh. With the all star weekend coming up soon too let him get away, freshen up, rework his shot again and come back as a 27, 8, 8 player to finish the season.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty gross way to win in the end for the cavs. Lebron looks spent. He made the all stars, he is the captain. There is nothing left for him to play in January. I reckon just give him a few weeks off. Let him prepare his body if they want to be a chance to win the east. Because Lebron looks tired or uninterested and the cavs aren’t playing 48 mins. To go 32% from the field in the second half. It’s mind boggling. Shame you guys didn’t get up in the end.

I think okc coming up for the cavs next. It will get ugly with or without him if tonight’s performance is any indication. So just dnp James to keep him fresh. With the all star weekend coming up soon too let him get away, freshen up, rework his shot again and come back as a 27, 8, 8 player to finish the season.
Yeah that's the problem having shitty defense, teams can come back at you because they know it. Even teams like my last placed Magix lol. Pacers the other day and the Magic the first go around too putting up 40 in the forth.

Yeah he should just rest. He probably feels he has to play to get chemistry with IT.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Picking Cavs to beat OKC. I disagree that they are a bad match up.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
OK looks like I may be wrong lol
Cavs won’t be beating any playoff team it seems :p

Bigger battle is where James will find 7 more points to keep his streak alive :p lol

LB needs a fortnight off. I’m not sure why they keep on pushing him to play. He is a shell of the guy that started the season. He also needs to ball handle less. Let him play off someone so he can cut to the basket and find space. He had wade, rose and Thomas in the team. As if none of them can find an open James so he doesn’t have 2 guys backing on him.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LB still 1 short :tearsofjoy:

It’s the most interesting part of the game for me :p haha. Something to cheer for :tearsofjoy:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is embarrassing lol.
Yeh you can’t compete when you have no defence. No tempo, no shot, no rebounding. At one stage Carmelo got 4 offensive rebounds on 1 shot. And he ended up getting it.

Like I said previously it’s an aging roster. And no matter how good veteran players are they can’t play both ends. Unless they play 25 mins a game. Lebron isn’t in top form and the team can’t compete (should have lost to your magic the other day too). Interesting to read they are chasing more pieces so I guess they think they can still make the final, but this team is in a slump. And Lebron looks spent so you can’t expect miracles from him.

Let him get his 30k then rest him for a fortnight. He needs time off to get his body right. He is 33 not 23, he can’t carry the team night in night out. And it’s only January. So no point busting him now. I think minus lebron IT, rose, wade all step up. And with crowder at 3 and love at 4 you have a more balanced team. You can insert TT back in so you atleast have another rebounder in there.

And once they click it’s easier to bring Lebron back. You won’t weaken a team by bringing LBJ back into it.

Malla

Reaction score
OK looks like I may be wrong lol
Just intrigued to understand your view as to why you think they are a good match up for Cavs?

As I said before, the Cavs have absolutely no chance if OKC or Houston make it, the team they have built to match up with Warriors only. Just to keep it simple for you, they had absolutely no answer for Adams - look at his numbers - particularly his %ers.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeh you can’t compete when you have no defence. No tempo, no shot, no rebounding. At one stage Carmelo got 4 offensive rebounds on 1 shot. And he ended up getting it.

Like I said previously it’s an aging roster. And no matter how good veteran players are they can’t play both ends. Unless they play 25 mins a game. Lebron isn’t in top form and the team can’t compete (should have lost to your magic the other day too). Interesting to read they are chasing more pieces so I guess they think they can still make the final, but this team is in a slump. And Lebron looks spent so you can’t expect miracles from him.

Let him get his 30k then rest him for a fortnight. He needs time off to get his body right. He is 33 not 23, he can’t carry the team night in night out. And it’s only January. So no point busting him now. I think minus lebron IT, rose, wade all step up. And with crowder at 3 and love at 4 you have a more balanced team. You can insert TT back in so you atleast have another rebounder in there.

And once they click it’s easier to bring Lebron back. You won’t weaken a team by bringing LBJ back into it.
They have defence, they are a good team defensive team - their problem is no big man in the middle, hence the point you alluded to before with Melo at the offensive rebounds, I mean when does that even happen? Melo rarely boxes out these days.