2018 Trial V Raiders (Legal Stream link in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BULLDOGS LIVE STREAM LINK HERE:
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/02/14/first-trial-match-v-raiders-info/
SAT 17TH FEB 6PM

Full Bulldogs squad for trial at Sunshine Coast Stadium against Raiders, Saturday (6pm AEDT):

1. Moses Mbye
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. William Hopoate
5. Marcelo Montoya
6. Matt Frawley
7. Kieran Foran
8. Lachlan Burr
9. Michael Lichaa
10. David Klemmer
11. Josh Jackson
12. Raymond Faitala- Mariner
13. Danny Fualalo

14. Jack Nelsen
15. Greg Eastwood
16. Adam Elliott
17. Jeremy Marshall- King

19. Francis Tualau
20. Tom Carr
21. Josh Cleeland
22. Jarred Anderson
23. Asipeli Fine
24. Josh Bergamin
25. Lachlan Lewis
26. Kerrod Holland
27. Zac Woolford
28. Rhyse Martin
29. Jayden Okunbor
30. Ofahiki Ogden
31. Renouf To'omaga
32. John Olive

upload_2018-2-17_19-21-13.png

upload_2018-2-17_20-4-53.png

Raiders to face Bulldogs in trial game

The Canberra Raiders will begin their 2018 campaign with a trial match against the Bulldogs on the Sunshine Coast on Saturday February 17 at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

With no Auckland Nines or NRL All Stars scheduled for 2018 the Raiders will use the trial as the main hit out for the team ahead of the 2018 Telstra Premiership season, with the Green Machine set to come up against one of their former Assistant Coaches, Dean Pay, who is now in charge of the Bulldogs.

The Rugby League World Cup will capture most of the attention heading into the end of 2017, with the 10 Raiders representatives not scheduled to return to pre-season training until the New Year, however the remainder of the Raiders squad will be in training from November 1 in preparation for the trial match in February and season ahead.

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart will look to finalise how the team for the trial is made up closer to February, once he's had the opportunity to see how the pre-season has unfolded and how the World Cup players return following the tournament.

http://www.nrl.com/raiders-to-face-bulldogs-in-trial-game/tabid/10874/newsid/113942/default.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

GP

Waterboy
Reaction score
That is crazy pricing for a trial especially away from home. Why wouldnt they do $5 for everyone and pack the ground out rather than an empty ground for a nothing game?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That is crazy pricing for a trial especially away from home. Why wouldnt they do $5 for everyone and pack the ground out rather than an empty ground for a nothing game?
Don't forget they need to supply food/staff? like it's pretty good considering the amounts we usually pay for anz games lol especially for GA. Someone needs to pay for expenses for it to run

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't forget they need to supply food/staff? like it's pretty good considering the amounts we usually pay for anz games lol especially for GA. Someone needs to pay for expenses for it to run
But it's little more than a training run

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And they wonder why crowds are in decline. Way overpriced in my opinion.
Definitely over priced, but I went to a trial on the sunny coast last year and it was completely packed to the rafters. The community up here are screaming out for sport and it was a bit of a novility having NRL teams in town.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
from memory a few years back when we had a trial against Canberra in Goulburn it was $30 entry and $20 for kids ....and you weren't allowed in the grandstand, I got there early to watch the juniors and it pissed down from then right through until the end of the night....even though it was absolutely pissing down they still would not let anyone in to the grandstand unless you were a local footy club member (I think there was about 15 people in the bloody thing)

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
from memory a few years back when we had a trial against Canberra in Goulburn it was $30 entry and $20 for kids ....and you weren't allowed in the grandstand, I got there early to watch the juniors and it pissed down from then right through until the end of the night....even though it was absolutely pissing down they still would not let anyone in to the grandstand unless you were a local footy club member (I think there was about 15 people in the bloody thing)
I was at that game too with a few mates. We got absolutely soaked but we were all half cut so we did not care. I remember the dogs got penalised in like the first minute or 2 and me drunkenly yelling out "put him in the bin he's been doing it all night" and everyone around us pissing themselves. I think by memory we got smashed by the Raiders too. The following week was when the whole Ben Barba situation started as i remember he pulled out of that trail match against the Raiders.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But it's little more than a training run
I know bro but this just the way these ***** that own these stadiums work loll but anyways I might or might not go.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disgraceful really.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely over priced, but I went to a trial on the sunny coast last year and it was completely packed to the rafters. The community up here are screaming out for sport and it was a bit of a novility having NRL teams in town.
Its great they get a game to watch locally, but the prices to attend sports in australia is pretty heftly. I get that the clubs need enough revenue to survive, but i cant help but think that if the prices were half as much, twice as many people would go.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Pricing was the same in Tamworth a few year's back. Didnt stop the locals from filling up the grandstands

Status
Not open for further replies.