Gender removed from Queensland driver’s license

Status
Not open for further replies.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gender removed from Queensland driver’s license ‘following LGBTI complaints’

Queensland driver's licences will no longer show the holder's gender to ensure they are not discriminatory following complaints from the LGBTI community, News Corp reports.

The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) confirmed the change, along with the removal of a drivers’ height, in a bid to make them more compliant with new federal anti-discrimination laws.

However, News Corp reports a leaked document suggests the decision to remove gender and height from the licences came after complaints that collecting the information may be discriminatory.

Further information including eye and hair colour have also been removed from records attached to licences.

“TMR has received complaints and suggestions from members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex community about displaying gender/sex (M or F) on TMR cards,” the document states.

“TMR has received feedback that the collection of personal information (eye and hair colour, complexion, height) may be perceived as discriminatory by some members of the community”

The Queensland government confirmed while there had been complaints, moving in line with the new anti-discrimination laws sparked the change.

Opposition leader Deb Frecklington slammed the state government for spending so much money and focus on the issue.

“It is offensive to taxpayers that their hard-earned money has been wasted on this rubbish,” she said.

A spokesperson for NSW Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby told Yahoo7 News that the decision is a step in the right direction and said she hopes other states follow suit sooner rather than later.

“A person’s gender in regards to their capacity to drive is completely irrelevant,” the spokesperson said.

"Age, name and address is there already, why do you need to know someone's gender?

“It’s part of the process of change.”

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Genders aren't on NSW licenses, but this is absolute BULLSHIT. I don't care about whether or not gender is required on the license, but the fact that them QLD Government have caved to these sexually confused individuals is BULLSHIT.

These IDIOTS are slowly taking over the world.

What's next, making all public toilets unisex?

I'm sick of them.

They've ruined this once great country of ours.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's just it.. NSW ddoesn't have that information so it's a moot point as to why they are removing it.

Just remove it, and dont even draw attention to it.

When asked simply state "we are bringing the license details and information in line with other states".

No need to address any of that other shit at all.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Queensland driver's licences will no longer show the holder's gender to ensure they are not discriminatory following complaints from the LGBTI community, News Corp reports.

The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) confirmed the change, along with the removal of a drivers’ height, in a bid to make them more compliant with new federal anti-discrimination laws.

However, News Corp reports a leaked document suggests the decision to remove gender and height from the licences came after complaints that collecting the information may be discriminatory.

Further information including eye and hair colour have also been removed from records attached to licences.

“TMR has received complaints and suggestions from members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex community about displaying gender/sex (M or F) on TMR cards,” the document states.

“TMR has received feedback that the collection of personal information (eye and hair colour, complexion, height) may be perceived as discriminatory by some members of the community”

The Queensland government confirmed while there had been complaints, moving in line with the new anti-discrimination laws sparked the change.

Opposition leader Deb Frecklington slammed the state government for spending so much money and focus on the issue.

“It is offensive to taxpayers that their hard-earned money has been wasted on this rubbish,” she said.

A spokesperson for NSW Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby told Yahoo7 News that the decision is a step in the right direction and said she hopes other states follow suit sooner rather than later.

“A person’s gender in regards to their capacity to drive is completely irrelevant,” the spokesperson said.

"Age, name and address is there already, why do you need to know someone's gender?

I guess you have been terminated from Facebookistan with comments like this! LOL

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Your term LGBTI is offensive, you missed a few:

http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/2013/01/a-comprehensive-list-of-lgbtq-term-definitions/

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Personally my stand on the LGBT community is this:

Gays: I can deal with, don't like or understand them but as long as they aren't all over each other in front of me.

Transexual: I can sort of respect if they go through the whole transition and have their genitals fixed to there preferred gender. Again I don't understand there concept of switching genders but whatever.

Bisexual: "Dated" a bisexual girl once in high school purely just for the threesomes. Let me tell you they were fun.

Gender-Binary: Fucking hate these scumbags, I don't know why, but I honestly hate these pricks, most annoying people on this earth.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Gays - Fair enough, whatever you want to do in your lives behind closed doors is fine. Don't try and push those beliefs on others or society to accept though.
Trannies - Most of it is psychological. If someone wants to dress up as a chick behind closed doors, go for it. But again don't push your lifestyle onto others and don't demand society change to accommodate a choice of lifestyle YOU decided on.
Gender Binary / Neutral - The "Me Toos" of the sexual world. Nothing makes them different but they class themselves as GN/GB in order to label themselves as something. Fucking dickheads.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The follow on effect.
I don't get why people who just want to fit in want to change everything? It's counter productive

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do any of you consider that you're over reacting?

I can see the point of having gender on licenses to aid police, before we had a massive government computer database that captures everyones details and now notes genders in some way shape or form.

But given that other states don't have gender on their licenses, why the blow up (I see as over reaction) that Qld have decided to remove it?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Aint it great not having one ?
I wonder how I'd live without it

Kids soccer teams use Facebook
As do so many other things like work

Without it I'd miss important information

Sign of the times I guess

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I can see the point of having gender on licenses to aid police, before we had a massive government computer database that captures everyones details and now notes genders in some way shape or form.

But given that other states don't have gender on their licenses, why the blow up (I see as over reaction) that Qld have decided to remove it?
Funny QLD changed this back in 2016 and it went completely unnoticed and no one gave a shit but now they do lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Its not really about the other states that dont have it.its the reason why. Because it may be discriminatory!!! What a load of shit if someone gets up in arms about having to identify what sex they are i would hate to see if they were faced with real problems. Ive never seen such a time where everyone is screaming to be treated so equally but yet segregating themselves so much.
Honestly people need to step the fuck back and be grateful they are just alive ,and can pretty much live a lifestyle they want without being jailed or executed for there beliefs.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder how I'd live without it

Kids soccer teams use Facebook
As do so many other things like work

Without it I'd miss important information

Sign of the times I guess
Believe you me you wont miss a single thing soccer club would still send out letters , they'd still have a website.
Remember going to work before mobile phones?
My kids ask for one years ago , i said no they haven't ask since and they are doing fine lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not really about the other states that dont have it.its the reason why. Because it may be discriminatory!!! What a load of shit if someone gets up in arms about having to identify what sex they are i would hate to see if they were faced with real problems. Ive never seen such a time where everyone is screaming to be treated so equally but yet segregating themselves so much.
Honestly people need to step the fuck back and be grateful they are just alive ,and can pretty much live a lifestyle they want without being jailed or executed for there beliefs.
Drivers license

• Serves as identification through use of name, address,dob and photo
  • Displays whether holder is allowed to drive according to government regulations
  • Displays any conditions driver must abide by e.g. wearing glasses

Do you seriously think that if gender was important for police offers to do their job that they'd allow for it to be removed?

It's a nothing issue. It serves no purpose. You seriously can't look at the majority of the population and tell their gender?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny QLD changed this back in 2016 and it went completely unnoticed and no one gave a shit but now they do lol
It's an absolute non issue but yet people are taking something that has absolutely no effect on them what so ever and are being offended that gender is being removed

You seriously can't make this shit up

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Drivers license

• Serves as identification through use of name, address,dob and photo
  • Displays whether holder is allowed to drive according to government regulations
  • Displays any conditions driver must abide by e.g. wearing glasses

Do you seriously think that if gender was important for police offers to do their job that they'd allow for it to be removed?

It's a nothing issue. It serves no purpose. You seriously can't look at the majority of the population and tell their gender?
Bro yet again the reason why is a moronic issue.
I can look at the majority of the population and identity their gender and there will also be some moron who probably has or will scream discrimination when an officer pulls someone over looks at their beard and says excuse me sir ..
Im not a male im blah blah blah and you have to respect that.
keep the lunatics running the asylum and see where we get.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Best gender identification is just to flop it out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.