Animals you like vs animals you loathe

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hate a lot of insects. You know it's estimating that for every living creature on earth, there are about 100,000,000 ants? So for you reading this, 100,000,000 ants.
For your neighbours dog, 100,000,000 ants. For the person you last saw, 100,000,000 ants. For the guy you lent $1 to in primary school and never got it back, 100,000,000 ants. For @Gotenks, 100,000,000 ants. For John Howard, 100,000,000 ants. For SBW, 100,000,000 ants. For the President of Zambia, 100,000,000 ants. For the person you bought your last pair of jeans off, 100,000,000 ants. You get it.

Now I have particular interest in one insect. The majestic praying mantis.

This creature is interesting and very very smart. I saw one a few years ago sitting on wheelie bin and wanted to flick it off. I thought I'd get it from behind. The little bastard turned around and was watching me lol. He turn in which ever direction I went. He even stuck his arms up as if to say he's ready for a fight (see the pic below). Fearless little guy. So I left him alone. Then a few years later I saw a large mother fucker sitting on my bathroom flyscreen. I tried EVERYTHING on him. Bug spray, flicking the screen, even air freshener, but nothing moved him. Truly a praying mantis in every sense of the word. Then I saw another little guy crawling around in my yard. So I picked him up on a stick and just observed him closely. I noticed as I moved the stick around, his little face would continue looking directly at me. For some reason ever since then, I fell in love with these guys. I don't know why but I love them.

Gotta have love for bees too. They predict that without bees polenating our plants flowers and helping to propogate them, life on this planet would seriously break down due to lack of food.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone else get the urge to kick those chihuahuas just to see how far you can kick?
Or like squeeze a kitten too death coz they’re so cute?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like all animals. But if I had to pick animals to not like.. Rabbits and Guinea Pigs. Smelly, worthless animals.
Rabbits? Fuck those posers. I put my finger in a rabbits cage when I was a kid to patt it and it almost nibbled my fucken finger off.
They are useless and bugs bunny is a complete inaccurate portrayal. They’re all fat fluff balls.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Except for cats I kinda like all animals. I took two of my sons hunting on the weekend. We saw nine Water Buffalo. We were up wind so they were on to us early, which is good cause dressing one of those is a full day’s work. We also saw a couple of Grey Roos and a Red which was huge.
We never bothered to put a shot through the rifle but had a great day walking in the bush. Missus reckons it’s the only time she sees me and the boys truly happy. Silent, and full of wildlife.
I hate cats for the way they destroy all the native stuff.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Except for cats I kinda like all animals. I took two of my sons hunting on the weekend. We saw nine Water Buffalo. We were up wind so they were on to us early, which is good cause dressing one of those is a full day’s work. We also saw a couple of Grey Roos and a Red which was huge.
We never bothered to put a shot through the rifle but had a great day walking in the bush. Missus reckons it’s the only time she sees me and the boys truly happy. Silent, and full of wildlife.
I hate cats for the way they destroy all the native stuff.
Cats are brats, only the gentle Siamese ones I like.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Has anyone here experienced taking a photo of a dog and the gleam appears?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why's that?
From QLD department of Ag:

"
"The keeping of rabbits as pets is prohibited in Queensland because it is the only state to maintain an area relatively free of rabbits," a Biosecurity Queensland spokeswoman said.

"Rabbits eat pastures and crops, compete with native animals, destroy the landscape, and are a primary cause of soil erosion and preventing regeneration of native vegetation."

Anyone who grew up around farms will know what devastation they can cause. There have been a few calls to relax the ban, but a reversal isn't on the state government's agenda

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What if I have a rabbit for lunch?
Good question. When I was a kid a mate and I caught one on his farm and then tried to cook and eat it. It was awful and I've never been tempted to try it again.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

"
"The keeping of rabbits as pets is prohibited in Queensland because it is the only state to maintain an area relatively free of rabbits," a Biosecurity Queensland spokeswoman said.

"Rabbits eat pastures and crops, compete with native animals, destroy the landscape, and are a primary cause of soil erosion and preventing regeneration of native vegetation."

Anyone who grew up around farms will know what devastation they can cause. There have been a few calls to relax the ban, but a reversal isn't on the state government's agenda
I am in complete agreement with that ban on rabbits

Wahesh

Reaction score

"

Ok so while I don't like rabbits, I'm sure the white rabbits with red eyes kept in a contained area such as a pen or hutch will do the job.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good question. When I was a kid a mate and I caught one on his farm and then tried to cook and eat it. It was awful and I've never been tempted to try it again.
Yep. Rabbit has to be cooked a certain way or it's pretty crap. Wild rabbits are basically just sinew, you need to stew them for a long time.