Pet appreciation Thread! Show us your pets

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Our little dog, Alice, passed away in her sleep last night She was about 10.5yrs old, developed congestive heart failure about a month ago. Pretty devastated
My condolences to you and your partner...

I hate even thinking about the prospect that one day our 7 yr old Lab won't be here anymore... we love her so very much and shes awesome.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Our little dog, Alice, passed away in her sleep last night She was about 10.5yrs old, developed congestive heart failure about a month ago. Pretty devastated
Sorry to hear bro

I've avoided this thread and abything to do with pets as I lost mine last year after 15 years

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This one will get anyone with a dog in the feels:

Heartbroken dog dies waiting to be picked up at airport
A DEVASTATED dog who was left behind by her owner at an airport has died after no one came back to get her.

news.com.au

A DEVASTATED dog has reportedly died of a broken heart after she was abandoned by her owner at an airport.

The dog, who was called Nube Viajera — or “Wandering Cloud” — by the vets who treated her, spent a month wandering around the terminal at Colombia’s Palonegro airport waiting for her owner to come back.

Initially hopeful, as well as healthy, the two-year-old dog spent her time sniffing people she passed in the terminal.

Nube Viajera gave up hope of being collected by her owner and refused to eat, which contributed to her death. Picture: CEN/AustralscopeSource:australscope

But she eventually gave up any hope of finding her owner and heartbroken, cowered in a corner of the airport, the UK’s Mirror reported.

Passengers and airport workers tried to offer the dog food but she refused to eat.

Eventually, someone called an animal shelter but by then Nube Viajera was so malnourished she could barely stand.

Despite being given food and medicine by vets, her physical and mental health deteriorated even further and she died, about a month after she was abandoned.

Vets said the dog was no more than two years old. Picture: CEN/AustralscopeSource:australscope

Colombia’s Noticias RCN was told the dog did not appear to be a stray.

“The hypothesis we have is that a traveller abandoned it,” Alejandro Sotomonte Nino, a vet from the Colombian Animal Protection Foundation, said.

“Apparently, during the first month that the dog was at the airport, it was going through the halls looking for someone, possibly the owner.

“That state of waiting deteriorated its health, to the point that she no longer received food.”

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bugger me. It's the Futurama episode come to life. The owner is probably frozen in a cryogenic chamber somewhere.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bugger me. It's the Futurama episode come to life. The owner is probably frozen in a cryogenic chamber somewhere.
Who knows what happened to the owner? He/she could have died, or just plain fucked off leaving the dog behind.

It reminded me a bit of that dog in Japan that now has a state of him (Hachiko) that the did that Richard Gere movie about.

Dogs can be loyal to the point of stupidity sometimes. Here is a list of Dogs that hung around:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_individual_dogs#Faithful_after_master.27s_death

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear mate its the worst they are so loyal and caring,we lost one of ours 3 months ago we still get sad.take care

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Such a brave little fellow:

Cooper the chihuahua praised for brave, final act to protect family
NOT all heroes wear capes — some are just everyday dogs willing to put their lives on the line for their human family. This chihuahua’s brave act would end his.

Natalie Wolfe
news.com.auJANUARY 8, 201811:41AM

A COURAGEOUS little chihuahua has been praised by his family for protecting them against an eastern brown snake, an act that would take his life.

Gold Coast woman Evangline Lim was getting ready to hang out her washing last week when she heard Cooper, her 10-year-old chihuahua, furiously barking at something in the backyard.

Still with her washing basket in hand, she saw Cooper wrestling with an eastern brown snake, one of Australia’s most venomous snakes.

“The snake was upside down and Cooper was on top of it and wrestling,” the Hope Island woman told the Gold Coast Bulletin.

“He was obviously saving me from the snake.”

Cooper the chihuahua died after wrestling with an eastern brown snake. Picture: suppliedSource:Supplied

The family eventually managed to trap the snake under a pot plant but unbeknown to them, Cooper had already been bitten.

Despite their best efforts to rush him to a nearby vet, the brown snake’s poison was too much for little Cooper to handle and he died 10 minutes later after suffering cardiac arrest in the car.

Tony Harrison, from Gold Coast and Brisbane Snake Catchers, said eastern brown snakes are much more common than residents think.

“They’re everywhere in the Gold Coast. I catch a couple a day so people need to be more aware,” he said.

Mr Harrison said eastern brown snakes are especially quick at defending themselves and are known to attack as soon as they feel threatened — which might’ve been why Cooper and the snake first started wrestling.

“As soon as a dog interacts with a snake you should be hightailing it to the vet. I’ve seen plenty of dogs and cats attacked by brown snakes over the years and many of them don’t last 10 minutes,” he said.

The Gold Coast snake catcher said the venom from an eastern brown works quickly on humans and animals, causing blood clots and muscle seizures.

“It’s not a nice thing at all. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, let alone a little chihuahua,” he added.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Small dogs have less resistance to this sort of thing, and are more prone (little dog syndrome) to aggress the snake than ignore it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Small dogs have less resistance to this sort of thing, and are more prone (little dog syndrome) to aggress the snake than ignore it.
After reading the article, i pondered how far my own Jack Russell would go to protect the pack.

In 2007 in New Zealand, a JRT held off 2 pit bulls from attacking a group of kids. The kids got away, but the little fella was ripped to shreds by the other two. He was awarded a bravery award by the Governor General and there is a statue of him erected in the town where it happened.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe we should rename this thread to, "Croydon's Dead Dog Thread"

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wanted a puppy German Shepherd but I just found out my next door neighbours last name is Pearce lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's like losing a family member...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Every family & relationships are different, but my cats are more important to me. Whenever you are having a crappy day, they are always there for you to lift your spirits. They are guardian angels.
Sad thing is, pets aren't capable of evil but their owners are.