Attention: Fotis (NYE Fireworks Family)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Wow. How shit was that. So... let's rewind shall we? All the way back to 1990. THAT'S WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE FFS.

Nothing but fireworks just going up and popping. Oh hold on... there was something I noticed. The bridge LEDs going off like crazy, but it's not like the Foti's had to pay for that. Fucking fraudstightarses.

How about that ending though... who would've ever seen a waterfall coming?

Wait wait... I DID LAST YEAR FFS!!!
You know what pisses me off the most? Every time we see the 'waterfall' feature of the fireworks, we know it's coming to and end. FFS

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wow. How shit was that. So... let's rewind shall we? All the way back to 1990. THAT'S WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE FFS.

Nothing but fireworks just going up and popping. Oh hold on... there was something I noticed. The bridge LEDs going off like crazy, but it's not like the Foti's had to pay for that. Fucking fraudstightarses.

How about that ending though... who would've ever seen a waterfall coming?

Wait wait... I DID LAST YEAR FFS!!!
Nah there was definitely some change.

Far more emphasis on lighting this year (which I think was a smart idea). I'd love to see the entire harbour foreshore rigged up though.. from the headlands to inner harbour.

Barges were out past Cremorne Point and as far back as Birchgrove. So they listened in that way and it opened the harbour right up. They weren't constantly firing off the bridge, at one point blacking it out completely to let the harbour barges take over. Then the barges stopped and focus went back to bridge. Flow was far better.

Ending was a little different too.

One thing I did notice, is the right hand side of the bridge (both the arch and the road level fireworks) were having issues firing. So the effect was lost in parts due to a complete blackout in that spot of the bridge.

All in all it was better than years gone by (and I love a good ol fashioned NYE fireworks slag off), so I'll give them credit for trying.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You know your living in a great country when peoples are complaining about fireworks....

Wahesh

Reaction score
You know your living in a great country when peoples are complaining about fireworks....
I'm complaining about them rorting me, the taxpayer, via the Government. If I'm funding that damn thing I want it to be different.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm complaining about them rorting me, the taxpayer, via the Government. If I'm funding that damn thing I want it to be different.
Like I said great country.... fireworks is so goddamn important

Wahesh

Reaction score
Like I said great country.... fireworks is so goddamn important
Wasn't there a total fire ban one year and as a result the Fireworks were cancelled?

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't there a total fire ban one year and as a result the Fireworks were cancelled?
Fuck bro if you are whinging about fireworks you are a fucking lucky person.... period.... thers people in the world that dont know how theyre going to eat their next meal... yet your saying fireworks this fireworks that seriously who gives a fuck about some sparkly lights. be grateful your family is doing well

Wahesh

Reaction score
Fuck bro if you are whinging about fireworks you are a fucking lucky person.... period.... thers people in the world that dont know how theyre going to eat their next meal... yet your saying fireworks this fireworks that seriously who gives a fuck about some sparkly lights. be grateful your family is doing well

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The fireworks are paid for by the City of Sydney, so unless you're a ratepayer within the council boundaries, you're likely not paying for them.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The fireworks are paid for by the City of Sydney, so unless you're a ratepayer within the council boundaries, you're likely not paying for them.
Da faq? Are you sure? No, I'm certain the State Government pays (or at least chips in) for such an international event.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Attention: Foti's

As I have not caught up on today's news, I am not naive enough to think that you passed up a certain media whoring opportunity. So, in advance of you saying that you're already working on NYE 2020 fireworks and the one's that 1,000,000,000 world-wide will witness tonight that you will lable 'the best display yet', I offer you a kind and gentle "FUCK YOU" for what's sure to be yet another pathetic display of you stealing $5,000,000 from the Government.

Goodbye!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lol Wahesh... watch tonight's fireworks, because I've been critical as fuck in the past about them, but tonight... they absolutely nailed it.

Best display I've seen Fotis put on in a long time.

That can only mean one of two things.
1. They listened to the public.
2. The contract expires the end of this year and the finally decided to spend some serious coin.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Lol Wahesh... watch tonight's fireworks, because I've been critical as fuck in the past about them, but tonight... they absolutely nailed it.

Best display I've seen Fotis put on in a long time.

That can only mean one of two things.
1. They listened to the public.
2. The contract expires the end of this year and the finally decided to spend some serious coin.
I didn't watch it as I was too busy sleeping at the time, but please answer this one question... did it conclude with a waterfall feature?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't watch it as I was too busy sleeping at the time, but please answer this one question... did it conclude with a waterfall feature?
No... AND ... they didn't do some feature shit on the bridge this time. Bridge blended in with the rest of the display, and they had barges all the way from (it appeared) Bradleys Head to Birchgrove, and fireworks off the Opera House and the roads leading into the Harbour Bridge.

Wahesh

Reaction score
This is insane, watching them live on YouTube with a viewer counter and people commenting live.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Now that finale was DEFINITELY better than that cruddy waterfall. Was that so hard to do all these years FFS???

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought the Eternity script was a good concept (1999?), but the fireworks don't really interest me.... same shit, different year

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no way the tax paying residents of the city of Sydney are paying for the fireworks.

I'm sure they use ponzi schemes and ither tricks to get the funds up and pump money in their own pockets?