Hodko

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hodkos boot was a god send when we played under Des ball because of minimal scoring every goal counted. I couldn't see him being any use under a different game plan, he should be able to get a spot in the esl no problem.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason I would want him back is so we could blame him for every loss.

He was the new Holdsworth. Don’t think we have had anyone since?
Holdsworth...... that name brought back some memories comparable to PTSD. Hodko was never that bad.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is going to play halfback season 2018 as it appears Pay is going to play Foran at 6.
If Frawley is the best we got, it's going to be another long season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who is going to play halfback season 2018 as it appears Pay is going to play Foran at 6.
If Frawley is the best we got, it's going to be another long season.
Foran will be halfback, doesn't matter if he's wearing 6 or 7.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Never said I wanted him, just said he can still kick better then any of our players... which is kinda depressing
What if we got him for basic wage year 1 and knights pay balance ss he is still under contract at Knights then say pay him say $250k in year 2-which would be more than elsewhere at thiis stage of his career. I think he may just be a good guy to have at the club and a possible fill in until.we can sort out cap to buy a really good half in say 2020. Subject to fitness test.

N

Natboy

What if we got him for basic wage year 1 and knights pay balance ss he is still under contract at Knights then say pay him say $250k in year 2-which would be more than elsewhere at thiis stage of his career. I think he may just be a good guy to have at the club and a possible fill in until.we can sort out cap to buy a really good half in say 2020. Subject to fitness test.
I guess our Physio’s will have lots of time on their hands now Chase Stanley is gone

Reactions: DT

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you may have the right idea. The best footballers are instinctive and don't actually think about what they are doing. They don't make very good coaches.

Hodko will never live up to his potential because of injuries. He has had to re-model his game a couple of times. He has a rep as a good guy and a good communicator. He has studied his games over and over because of his injuries.

I think he has the potential (on paper) to be a really good coach. Maybe we should bring him back with an eye to succession planning in the coaching position.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seeing as his days at Newcastle are basically over I'd love to see him back at the dogs, does have a great kicking game on him and can kick goals
Moving forward we as a club need to look forward not backwards!

He was great whilst with us but we really need to concentrate on our future and I think Cogger would be a better aquisition.

The Bulldogs should get him back in non football role as Hodkinson’s community work and team building is second to none, would go a long way in keeping our young kids level headed and drum some good principals into them.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has so much composure .

Has won us more games with that boot than the haters on here want to remember .

I'd have him back in a heart beat.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you only want him for kicking goals then sign hazem back up, at least we could hide him on the wing and he kicks a hell of a lot better..........Hodko might pick up a sweet TPA with WD40 though
No

Remember halligan on the wing?

Could kick a goal but remember everytime the opposition put a grubber behind the line and halligan had to turn and chase, certain try for opposition

No more passengers in bulldog team. I love hodkinson but his knees make him the slowest player in nrl, even darryl broman would show him a clean pair of heels

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No

Could kick a goal but remember everytime the opposition put a grubber behind the line and halligan had to turn and chase, certain try for opposition

No more passengers in bulldog team. I love hodkinson but his knees make him the slowest player in nrl, even darryl broman would show him a clean pair of heels
Difference between Stray Dog and Hokko is the former went down as one of the best goal kickers to ever lace boots plus he has a championship ring

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has so much composure .

Has won us more games with that boot than the haters on here want to remember .

I'd have him back in a heart beat.
And that's completely irrelevant because he simply isn't fit enough for NRL footy anymore. Manly are desperate, that's why they made a play for him. We already made our desperate play with Foran.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No

Re watched the 1995 grand final on fox the other day. Halligan made an awesome cover tackle along with silva to push Nick Koseff into touch only 10m out from the line, which probably was a game saving moment.
The guy wasnt a gun, but far from just a goal kicker.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hokko? Sure he has a bung knee that is never going to be any good but he was a quality footballer and is a good bloke. Doesn't take away anything from his record.
His a good bloke? Lol does that even matter when it comes to talking about whether a bloke is shit or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.