Kennel Funding

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry all only just jumped on ...

Okay to answer the question @Dstyle asked.

The Kennel was originally owned and run by Mr Bulldogs. When Mr Bulldogs found he lacked the time to give site due care and attention, he handed the site over to brothers Nash and Habs to look after.

Nash oversees pretty much the entire running of the site (programming, servers, etc etc). It is entirely funded by Nash (as far as I am aware), and donations go towards the purchase of Kennel Merchandise, as well as license and yearly maintenance fees for Xenforo, any upgrades / add-ons the forum gets, and server running costs.

The Kennel is funded:
a) by Nash personally.
b) by Google Ads and AdChoices revenue.
c) By donations and Gilded/Premium Memberships (to be reviewed this year).

The site has zero association to both the club or any directors/staff within the Leagues or Football clubs.

As to where I sit in all this (as you asked the question recently Dstyle), I'm one of the site Super Moderators, and maintain close contact with Nash. If there are issues which need attention and he cannot action them, I have the okay to make changes (where I have permissions). I also personally oversee the approval of all new user registrations, any user profile related problems that require Admin Control Panel access (e.g users locked out, incorrect email addresses), and creation of new subforums, tags, etc etc upon approval.

Hope that explains things a bit more... @Nash @habs or @Mr Bulldogs might be able to clarify a little more precisely.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

The Kennel was originally owned and run by Mr Bulldogs. When Mr Bulldogs found he lacked the time to give site due care and attention, he handed the site over to brothers Nash and Habs to look after.

Nash oversees pretty much the entire running of the site (programming, servers, etc etc). It is entirely funded by Nash (as far as I am aware), and donations go towards the purchase of Kennel Merchandise, as well as license and yearly maintenance fees for Xenforo, any upgrades / add-ons the forum gets, and server running costs.

The Kennel is funded:
a) by Nash personally.

The site has zero association to both the club or any directors/staff within the Leagues or Football clubs.

As to where I sit in all this (as you asked the question recently Dstyle), I'm one of the site Super Moderators, and maintain close contact with Nash. If there are issues which need attention and he cannot action them, I have the okay to make changes (where I have permissions). I also personally oversee the approval of all new user registrations, any user profile related problems that require Admin Control Panel access (e.g users locked out, incorrect email addresses), and creation of new subforums, tags, etc etc upon approval.

Hope that explains things a bit more... @Nash @habs or @Mr Bulldogs might be able to clarify a little more precisely.
I'm happy to throw a few bucks in. I get the impression though that it might be better to wait until you have reviewed your processes.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

The Kennel is funded:
a) by Nash personally.

Thanks

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm happy to throw a few bucks in. I get the impression though that it might be better to wait until you have reviewed your processes.
Hey Oates,

Just curious what you mean by "reviewed your processes "?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whats in the members pack?? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I have been meaning to make a contribution, i will do so when we return to oz in a few months time and things are all back in place.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I was told recently the Club also contributes to the site.
The club does not contribute anything at all to this site.

Hey Oates,

I believe he means in regards to sorting out if we are keeping Premium Membership or not.

Whats in the members pack?? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I have been meaning to make a contribution, i will do so when we return to oz in a few months time and things are all back in place.
LOL ... that's part of what @Nash and I discussed a while ago. There was a bit of a divide when Premium Membership came in here, and it hasn't really kicked off as expected.

New year so I should hassle him again on the discussion so we can get it sorted once and for all :D

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey Oates,

Well Mr I mentioned in his post that they were conducting some sort of review of the funding/sponsorship arrangements this year so it seems like until they know what they want to do it would be best to wait and see what they come up with. If nothing changes then fine I'll stump up a few bob and keep going but if it does change then I will need to adjust accordingly. No big deal but just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club does not contribute anything at all to this site.

I believe he means in regards to sorting out if we are keeping Premium Membership or not.

LOL ... that's part of what @Nash and I discussed a while ago. There was a bit of a divide when Premium Membership came in here, and it hasn't really kicked off as expected.

New year so I should hassle him again on the discussion so we can get it sorted once and for all :D
Haha all good. I was more having a dig at the topic of club memberships packs that was bought up recently. Seems the keychain is no longer included....

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to kick in a few dollars

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, I was about to donate to become a premium member, but also chose to hold off and see what changes are made,

what's the latest on this @Mr Invisible

any info on that front as yet.

I do believe we should all help out,

I think all users should pay a small amount when they sign up,

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
From Nash himself (via email) ... Premium Membership will be discontinued.

I'm not sure what Premium Membership will evolve into ... it's all part of a big planned upgrade.

I'm a lifetime premium member myself.

My guess is that previous premium Members will be acknowledged in some way (maybe a badge or something), but the perks of it won't exist (extra post ratings).

Really not sure as it's something only @Nash can answer.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

yeah it didn't really kick off did it?

To be honest, when it all first came out, I got the guilded straight away, with the intention to get premium down the track.
But then forgot all about it as things went on,
I think for most of us, the novelty of it all wore off quick and we forgot all about it.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From Nash himself (via email) ... Premium Membership will be discontinued.

I'm not sure what Premium Membership will evolve into ... it's all part of a big planned upgrade.

I'm a lifetime premium member myself.

My guess is that previous premium Members will be acknowledged in some way (maybe a badge or something), but the perks of it won't exist (extra post ratings).

Really not sure as it's something only @Nash can answer.
ok, so I guess its pointless for me to now get premium?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let me know when you have it all worked out and I'll go from there......

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Initially Premium Membership was going to be bigger and have more perks, but soon was realised it wasn't going to work. I see it more as a donation to keep the site running anyway.

I don't think there will be any "pay perks" coming up in the future (i.e every account will be the same), although donators to the site will probably be recognised in a few ways (maybe a hall of fame sorta thing and a badge or something).