Bulldogs sign Warriors young gun

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guys only young. I cant see why some people whinge about signing young forwards, by the time he is old enough for first grade most of our current team will be long gone.
If he turns out to be a gun we made the right move getting him early plus he must be alright if he managed to make a news article out of it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He may or may not make the steps required to progress to the NRL. But it's good to think we're putting the effort into getting a solid foundation of promising juniors on board once again. I don't recall the names of a lot of the gun juniors we've supposedly picked up, but there have been a few. To dominate as a team you need to have quality depth coming through to cover for injuries and for the inevitable fact that at some stage other teams will poach quality NRL level players. That starts by getting them young and hopefully developing enough good plaayers who stick around.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its always good when the club signs a new player. But I am a bit disappointed that some of the younger guys we have have never had a chance in the top grade.
These fringe players will never excel in the reggies. They need to be given a chance in the top grade to see if they can cut it.
Cleeland, Okunbar, Saunders, Garlick, etc all have ability. We signed players like Kennar, who was never tested in FG. Shame really.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spose there has been plenty of grumbling about neglecting the juniors so this signing is a good thing!

So in jest, he will get injured every 5 minutes and then hope on a plane in the middle of the night.................lol
Come-on mate lets not start putting shit on every new signing lets give them a chance first, most wont make it but few do, we all know that.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Come-on mate lets not start putting shit on every new signing lets give them a chance first, most wont make it but few do, we all know that.
I said "In jest", I am having a joke!

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The good thing is, that a few more from NZ will be joining him on their journey. A positive, not a negative.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was playing against men in the Auckland premier competition still at school

Kids the goods
Sounds like an exciting prospect when you put it that way. Its never good to get excited about a 17 year old, but I guess if he has played a few u20s games you know he is something special. As long as pay is a good trainer and coach and supports the kid, could be the next rep forward to wear the bulldogs jersey. We are definitely light on quality backrowers.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Its always good when the club signs a new player. But I am a bit disappointed that some of the younger guys we have have never had a chance in the top grade.
These fringe players will never excel in the reggies. They need to be given a chance in the top grade to see if they can cut it.
Cleeland, Okunbar, Saunders, Garlick, etc all have ability. We signed players like Kennar, who was never tested in FG. Shame really.
Tbf when he was here Bulldogs Richie looked like he swallowed Souths Richie...plus a portion of Kasiano's kebabs

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
Remember when we signed another warriors young gun by the name of Brad Abbey
How did that work out?
I like that we are going after good young players, and look forward to seeing how they progress, but we have to keep in perspective that being awesome as a kid, doesn’t exactly mean you have what it takes to be awesome at NRL level

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Remember when we signed another warriors young gun by the name of Brad Abbey
How did that work out?
I like that we are going after good young players, and look forward to seeing how they progress, but we have to keep in perspective that being awesome as a kid, doesn’t exactly mean you have what it takes to be awesome at NRL level
RFM. That worked out great.