NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
btw i really liked how the cavs played the warriors in that game, that was slow paced and deliberate

hopefully they have learned from the finals when they tried to stand toe to toe with them and push the pace, that was a crazy bad decision from an idiot coach because you are basically giving them more chances to shoot and kill you off
Um they played that way because Curry wasn't playing. Gsw have been playing slow and NOTHING like how they play WITH Curry and the Lavs still lost. They will get run off their feet AGAIN just like last year.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Lol you think they can still win? Lmao. Oh that's right you thought the Clapper and Utah could beat them last year hahaha
san antonio were up big in game 1 when they did the cheap shot to take him out of the series

it was a cheap shot and of course the media defended their darlings by bringing out a story that zaza had his kids threatened in school

my theory is they made that story up completely for sympathy because why the fuck would he put his kids in a school in san antonio ffs

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Um they played that way because Curry wasn't playing. Gsw have been playing slow and NOTHING like how they play WITH Curry and the Lavs still lost. They will get run off their feet AGAIN just like last year.
no im talking about the cavs pace, they played nice and slow and made it a grind like they should have done last year, ty lue was promoting pushing the pace like an idiot last season and their whole roster looked like they were just trying to match firepower

thats why they can shoot 31% and still be close to a win on the road, the warriors were limited 82 attempts and 17 free throws, much lower than the finals

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
san antonio were up big in game 1 when they did the cheap shot to take him out of the series

it was a cheap shot and of course the media defended their darlings by bringing out a story that zaza had his kids threatened in school

my theory is they made that story up completely for sympathy because why the fuck would he put his kids in a school in san antonio ffs
no im talking about the cavs pace, they played nice and slow and made it a grind like they should have done last year, ty lue was promoting pushing the pace like an idiot last season and their whole roster looked like they were just trying to match firepower

thats why they can shoot 31% and still be close to a win on the road, the warriors were limited 82 attempts and 17 free throws, much lower than the finals
The only way the Lavs have a chance of winning is if OKC beat Gsw or Houston or Spurs OR if they have such a hard series with either of them and are tired. Otherwise the Lavs will get smashed again.

Oh or if they get Boogie then they could win.

The Lavs team is old slow and has too many defensive liabilities.

Malla

Reaction score
The only way the Lavs have a chance of winning is if OKC beat Gsw or Houston or Spurs OR if they have such a hard series with either of them and are tired. Otherwise the Lavs will get smashed again.

Oh or if they get Boogie then they could win.

The Lavs team is old slow and has too many defensive liabilities.
Cavs have a better shot against Warriors than they do Houston and OKC.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cavs have a better shot against Warriors than they do Houston and OKC.
All I know is they have fuck all chance against GSW. And if anyone is using the game where the Cavs shot bad as a guide they shouldn't. The Warriors play NOTHING like that with Curry.

Malla

Reaction score
All I know is they have fuck all chance against GSW. And if anyone is using the game where the Cavs shot bad as a guide they shouldn't. The Warriors play NOTHING like that with Curry.
I actually think the team is built well enough to beat Warriors with IT back.

You should look at it from a 7 game perspective. Warriors are a jump shooting team which is easier to defend in a series - all Cavs need to do is rebound and limit Warriors fast break and transition points - their team is built to do that.

OKC on the other hand, they play the same game as Cavs but have better players in key positions, hence why I think they will beat the Warriors in a series if they come up against them.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually think the team is built well enough to beat Warriors with IT back.

You should look at it from a 7 game perspective. Warriors are a jump shooting team which is easier to defend in a series - all Cavs need to do is rebound and limit Warriors fast break and transition points - their team is built to do that.

OKC on the other hand, they play the same game as Cavs but have better players in key positions, hence why I think they will beat the Warriors in a series if they come up against them.
Tbh I think it's just hope. Charles Barkley said it best "are we just going to pretend that anyone can beat the Warriors"

It was like last year but this time the hope was KD and few were chokers or they didn't have a rim protection.

The Cavs team is deeper than last year but isn't that much better. IT isn't as good as Kyrie and will be abused in the finals defensively.

I could see OKC beating them or even the spurs but not Houston. CP and Haren disappear in the play offs and so does the coach.

But just my opinion it would be a massive shock if GSW don't win. I just can't see any team beating them 4 times in a week or so.

Malla

Reaction score
Tbh I think it's just hope. Charles Barkley said it best "are we just going to pretend that anyone can beat the Warriors"

It was like last year but this time the hope was KD and few were chokers or they didn't have a rim protection.

The Cavs team is deeper than last year but isn't that much better. IT isn't as good as Kyrie and will be abused in the finals defensively.

I could see OKC beating them or even the spurs but not Houston. CP and Haren disappear in the play offs and so does the coach.

But just my opinion it would be a massive shock if GSW don't win. I just can't see any team beating them 4 times in a week or so.
IT and Kyrie are the same, both have the same flaws defensively and score the same ppg - if anything Cavs gained a better play maker.

Don't sleep on the Cavs man, that's all I'm saying. People think it's just about the most skilful and talented teams that win, but it isn't. It's who is the healthiest and in best shape at the end of the marathon. Cavs will get through to the finals probably only dropping 2-3 games. Warriors will not have the same luxury (if they get through) - potential to play Spurs, Houston or OKC. It won't be easy.

As for Houston, yes Harden has a history of giving up but not CP3. As I remember CP3 just has bad luck with injury. D'Antoni is questionable in the playoffs for sure, but thats why they added CP3.

Malla

Reaction score
And for anyone that doesn't think IT is legit, he just dropped 17 in his first game back on one of the best back courts in the NBA.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Marc Gasol is almost a poor mans Boogie from the offensive end... I think either way, Cavs have to figure out how they can work a line up to force Warriors hand and keep a big on the floor, that's their only chance.

Speaking of Bigs, I am starting to feel like OKC are the only team that can genuinely challenge Warriors. Not because of Russ, PG or Melo - but because of Adams. Dude is so good from offensive end these days and he can't even shoot. Has a good hook shot, his offensive boards are unbelievable and just finishes around the cup with the best of them. You can't put Green or KD on him if you are the Warriors, you need Mcgee or Zaza and that is advantage to OKC. Adams is also comfortable coming out and guarding on the perimeter. Also Roberson is so versatile, he can literally guard 1 through 5 when Warriors play small. I think OKC are missing one more genuine scorer off the bench, maybe you can get that from Patterson or Felton - but man, the thought of them when they get clique is scary.
Yeh exactly man. Not many teams can compete with a small line up against the warriors. Their shooting is too good. Probably best shooting team in the history of the sport. So you need to slow the game down and post up. But not sure lue is the type of coach to play that strategy.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know the three ball is the game now but watching the Rockets is ugh. 50 threes tonight.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cavs defense is like swiss cheese lol.
Unfortunately you are right. Very hot and cold offence and consistently shit defence. Lebron gave up yesterday. I think they were 1/12 shooting in the first quarter he drove to the basket a few times and scored. Hit an open guy in the corner who misses the shot then turned off. Thought that’s enough for tonight.

And you can’t blame back to back games for this one. They just didn’t turn up to play and James couldn’t be stuffed to carry them. They have had a few questionable quarters this year. I wouldn’t have them as a threat this year. You can only excuse them so much until you can say this roster isn’t championship quality. Too old, too slow to compete. And You can’t expect 30, 9, 9 and 41 mins night in night out from James to be in with a chance.

Love, crowder and jr probably all had their worst games of the season against the timber wolves. And against a talented team you are getting blown off the court. And nba isn’t a game you can come back from 25 down night in night out.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately you are right. Very hot and cold offence and consistently shit defence. Lebron gave up yesterday. I think they were 1/12 shooting in the first quarter he drove to the basket a few times and scored. Hit an open guy in the corner who misses the shot then turned off. Thought that’s enough for tonight.

And you can’t blame back to back games for this one. They just didn’t turn up to play and James couldn’t be stuffed to carry them. They have had a few questionable quarters this year. I wouldn’t have them as a threat this year. You can only excuse them so much until you can say this roster isn’t championship quality. Too old, too slow to compete. And You can’t expect 30, 9, 9 and 41 mins night in night out from James to be in with a chance.

Love, crowder and jr probably all had their worst games of the season against the timber wolves. And against a talented team you are getting blown off the court. And nba isn’t a game you can come back from 25 down night in night out.
They'll still make the finals. But imo they will drop a few games on the way and being and old team that isn't good. Unless they get boogie or Jordan.

I think if Boston had Haywood, another scorer, they could have pushed them but they can't win with just one Allstar.

On defense they have been horrible for two years, they are getting worse. 22ND last year now 29th just above the Kings. LBJ isn't playing defense either like before.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They'll still make the finals. But imo they will drop a few games on the way and being and old team that isn't good. Unless they get boogie or Jordan.

I think if Boston had Haywood, another scorer, they could have pushed them but they can't win with just one Allstar.

On defense they have been horrible for two years, they are getting worse. 22ND last year now 29th just above the Kings. LBJ isn't playing defense either like before.
Yeh I agree. James is a great spot defender. If the game is on the like he will chase down. Probably more so to make the highlight play and for himself more then anything. But he isn’t putting in. I think he realises it’s his last year in Cleveland and he just doesn’t care anymore. I have never seen him switch off in a game that early before. He got his 10 points then said I’m done.

His numbers are amazing, he can still carry his team to the play offs and the finals. He is still the best in the league. But he can’t do it on his own. And when jr goes 0/8 love gets 1 basket and crowder scores single digits, and IT gets ejected he probably thinks I’m too old for this crap.

Luckily cavs have the best bench in the league. Korver, dwade, green. They have kept things closer then they deserve. Because if Lebron doesn’t go 30, 9, 9 the Cavs dont show up.

Also he has played every match so far. So I don’t think he can play both ends 3 times a week 37.8 mins a game at 33. As great as he is his support around him isn’t up for it. So I think if he can’t get cp3 or George at the cavs no way he will be in Ohio next year.

Would make sense for him to take his talents elsewhere and build a championship quality team that can challenge for 5 years and he can start to take a back seat.

Thing with this cavs team is there is 1 hall of famer playing well and 1 hall of famer that is past it (dwade). It’s hard to compete with gsw with 4 hall of famers and all 4 current all stars in their prime.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont worry lebron will be back better then ever next season when he teams up with lonzo

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dont worry lebron will be back better then ever next season when he teams up with lonzo
Yeh I was always against him moving. I wanted him to try build something in Ohio but I think his heart isn’t in it anymore. And at 33+ he can’t be the only guy on the team anymore. He has carried this team with very little talent (outside the 2 other all stars) to the finals and the championship.

Logically it has to be LA, it’s the biggest market it’s the most famous team. And the argument is if he can get championships with 3 different teams maybe it’s an argument to be harder then getting 5-6.

But for mine I would like to see him team up with someone like Houston (will never happen, Houston is too small of a city for lebron) just because I am not a lakers fan :tearsofjoy:

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh I was always against him moving. I wanted him to try build something in Ohio but I think his heart isn’t in it anymore. And at 33+ he can’t be the only guy on the team anymore. He has carried this team with very little talent (outside the 2 other all stars) to the finals and the championship.

Logically it has to be LA, it’s the biggest market it’s the most famous team. And the argument is if he can get championships with 3 different teams maybe it’s an argument to be harder then getting 5-6.

But for mine I would like to see him team up with someone like Houston (will never happen, Houston is too small of a city for lebron) just because I am not a lakers fan :tearsofjoy:
houston is a massive city and no income tax is a plus but i think lebron just wants to move his family to los angeles. im a lakers fan though so just trying to convince myself its a massive shot when really lebron seems the type to sign with the spurs or rockets