Coach Des Hasler to sue Bulldogs for contract breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We can argue all night about semantics. The conclusion is that it is an absolute Dog's breakfast (pardon the pun). I have never seen this mess in 30 plus years suppoeting the Club. Awful awful mess
Yep. Oatley is right (rare that I agree with Oatley but in this case I do). It only comes down to whether the new agreement is valid or not, and that's a matter for the courts to settle.

But I completely agree with you. This is a ridiculous mess and just shows the issues we've had at the club for the past 5 years. Many will be happy to blame it on Castle (looking at you Mr I), but the fact is that the problem is much deeper than that. We've taken a massive step in the right direction getting rid of Des and signing Pay. We've made massive progress bringing back the old boys to the club. But we still have Dib. We still have rotten foundations. We can paint the house gold and bring in the best interior decorators but as long as that rot is still there then we're still going to have long term issues.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously who cares ,we wanted him gone the club got rid of him,at the worse case scenario well have to pay him $$ ,our club has $$ ,our club is now going in the right direction so who cares let it go and enjoy the new era

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Trust weedler for reporting on the story...

he loves reporting anything negative about our club.
He was also probably on the turps when he did so! Apparently loves a drink or two hundred!

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seriously who cares ,we wanted him gone the club got rid of him,at the worse case scenario well have to pay him $$ ,our club has $$ ,our club is now going in the right direction so who cares let it go and enjoy the new era
"Let it go" where i have I heard that before down the years.......

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Hasler saga is going to be very interesting, from what I've heard @ read he was originally on $1,000,000 was it with or without bonuses I don't know.
So why would Dib and the board agree to upgrade and sign of on a new contract of $1.2000,000 without water tight clauses, if the clause include a top 4 or top 8 finish, by going to court Hasler is only bashing his head against a brick wall and is doing it out of bitterness against our club, which would not be surprising considering his coaching antics at our club. If however Dib and our board failed in the wording of the contract and it results in costing our club a lot of money, I don't think that they would wan't to face the fans at February AGM.
TIME WILL TELL.
Des is a tight arse

There is no way he would start legal proceedings unless he is confident in winning

I'm worried the club has fucked up

I'd rather them pay him what ever they legally owe him.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. Oatley is right (rare that I agree with Oatley but in this case I do). It only comes down to whether the new agreement is valid or not, and that's a matter for the courts to settle.

But I completely agree with you. This is a ridiculous mess and just shows the issues we've had at the club for the past 5 years. Many will be happy to blame it on Castle (looking at you Mr I), but the fact is that the problem is much deeper than that. We've taken a massive step in the right direction getting rid of Des and signing Pay. We've made massive progress bringing back the old boys to the club. But we still have Dib. We still have rotten foundations. We can paint the house gold and bring in the best interior decorators but as long as that rot is still there then we're still going to have long term issues.
I agree with Dib being a rot in our sub floor

You can put new floor boards in
But the rot in the joists will eventually cause problems

We need to fuck off Dib

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can argue all night about semantics. The conclusion is that it is an absolute Dog's breakfast (pardon the pun). I have never seen this mess in 30 plus years suppoeting the Club. Awful awful mess
Hence
Why did MUST go

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des is a tight arse

There is no way he would start legal proceedings unless he is confident in winning

I'm worried the club has fucked up

I'd rather them pay him what ever they legally owe him.
Id say hes just gambling on the club paying him an out of court settlement to go away which they may do

Status
Not open for further replies.