Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree the game has changed and he needs to offer more which he did in the final three rounds when mr statistics was relieved of control. I can’t see someone on the coin he is on being dumped to reserve grade and he isn’t in the top 4 props at the club so in my eyes easing the load on lichaa is the only way to get some kind of value out of him.
I think he would be fine playing off the bench as part of the prop rotation if he put on some size. I just don't think we should be putting him at lock for the sake of it. Also Klemmer, Woods and Tolman is a very slow middle third, surely we need a forward with a little more speed starting with our frontrow.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman in 13 hahahaha that must be an April fools joke right? Oohh thats right were in December

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just read through most of this and got a sense of deja vu. The exact same arguments were being used about Liccha just a few months ago.

From what I have seen Tolman has been a great club man for us and has suffered from the Desball game plan (like the rest of the team).

He seems smarter than most footballers and is willing to do anything to contribute to the team, including Des' tactics to a tee.

Just like Liccha I think he deserves a chance under our new system and will relish the chance to show what he can do and not be tied down by dreary tactics.

I will reserve judgment on Tolman but I have seen enough from him in the past to be confident that he will do was he does best, contribute to our team

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is experienced and offers depth across multiple positions. If we lose a player through injury early he is capable of punching out a big shift to cover for the loss. He is not in our team to be a damaging ball runner his strengths are his endurance and workload. Pay will not bench him as this will nullify all of his strengths as a player. I am not fan of him and what we are paying him but he is on our roster and needs to be utilised. Less hit ups in attacking positions or when we have momentum and a tackling machine when defending. He would have a spot in my 13.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fualolo and Tualau coming off the bench is a better idea, with Tolman in the 13 jersey.
8. Klem
10. Woods
11. Elliot
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Tolman
15. Tualau
16. RFM
17. Preist / Fualalo / Ogden

That pack can reshuffle itself very easily if an unexpected injury arises.. Good mixture of experience and youth as we'll as attributes..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
8. Klem
10. Woods
11. Elliot
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Tolman
15. Tualau
16. RFM
17. Preist / Fualalo / Ogden

That pack can reshuffle itself very easily if an unexpected injury arises.. Good mixture of experience and youth as we'll as attributes..
Fualao was great last year no way he doesn’t start ahead of Elliott or Martin in my books.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fualao was great last year no way he doesn’t start ahead of Elliott or Martin in my books.
Fualalo is a prop (whom in my opinion would not be able to play out wide due to low mobility), and the other two are second rowers

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fualalo is a prop (whom in my opinion would not be able to play out wide due to low mobility), and the other two are second rowers
He could easily play lock, he did so last year in couple games bloody well and again is better then either of those. Could leave Jacko then! Either way He was great last year and I’m pumped to see how he goes this year

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fualalo is a front rower... Martin and Elliot are backrowers... Fualalo was great and will grow further but for now his main battle to make the team is against Tolman and Tualau.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fualalo is a front rower... Martin and Elliot are backrowers... Fualalo was great and will grow further but for now his main battle to make the team is against Tolman and Tualau.
He played lock numerous times last year bud. He actually punched out substantial minutes too

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He played lock numerous times last year bud. He actually punched out substantial minutes too
I can remember his starting at 13 once last year and although he didn't do anything wrong he didn't set the world on fire. He's a prop and at this stage of his career he is behind Tolman. Hopefully he will continue to improve but on last years form he is in my view behind Tualau as well.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasler played props at lock for example Klemmer.... Jacko is a proper lock and since we have more experienced backrowers next yr I'm sure Pay will play people in respected positions.

I'm not saying Fualalo is shit but I put him behind Jacko in Lock and behind Tolman and Tualau for a bench spot.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hasler played props at lock for example Klemmer.... Jacko is a proper lock and since we have more experienced backrowers next yr I'm sure Pay will play people in respected positions.

I'm not saying Fualalo is shit but I put him behind Jacko in Lock and behind Tolman and Tualau for a bench spot.
How is Martin more experienced? He’s yet to play first grade?

I don’t know what people saw last year if they don’t have Fualao in the top 17 it’s a no brainer. If he isn’t in the starting back he’s the first forward on the bench for me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone that doesn't think Fualalo will atleast make the bench is having a laugh, he was our best off the bench last season and will only get better. He also stepped up when given a start in a dead average team performance. I'd also much rather take a risk and start him at lock over Tolman. He's fairly agile for a big bloke and has decent pace and strength.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anyone that doesn't think Fualalo will atleast make the bench is having a laugh, he was our best off the bench last season and will only get better. He also stepped up when given a start in a dead average team performance. I'd also much rather take a risk and start him at lock over Tolman. He's fairly agile for a big bloke and has decent pace and strength.
Exactly not to mention he actually has a surprisingly good endurance too!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't be silly. Tolman is head and shoulders above the rest of our forward pack combined.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can remember his starting at 13 once last year and although he didn't do anything wrong he didn't set the world on fire. He's a prop and at this stage of his career he is behind Tolman. Hopefully he will continue to improve but on last years form he is in my view behind Tualau as well.
Can I ask why is he behind Tolman? Tolman has more experience but who gives a ^*% I think it should be an even playing field come trials and may the best props win.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can I ask why is he behind Tolman? Tolman has more experience but who gives a ^*% I think it should be an even playing field come trials and may the best props win.
tolman is fitter, smarter and has proven over a lot of years he can play footy. He is generally always in the right positions in defence and puts his body on the line. Fualolo just runs straight - nothing wrong with that but he has a long way to go before he demonstrates he is there yet. Frankly I'm getting a bit sick of all the Tolman hate. There seems to be some sort of unnatural focus on his 4th tackle hitups without asking the questions about why he was the only bloke in position to take the pass, who threw it to him, who decided it was a good idea and whether other teams actually do the same thing (which they do). No, he isn't Jess Bromwich but he is a pretty good prop who never stops trying and he only gets about half of JB's money. If fualolo can step up about 3 grades then he might replace him but he has a long way to go. On any even playing field Tolman is 20m ahead of Fualolo at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.