Current board do not deserve another chance (besides Mortimer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah.....so first things first this club is way overdue for a premiership!!

So the question is. Is the club closer now to a premiership than when Dib became chairman? I don't believe it is and personally I would like to see another chairman.

The "rebel ticket" if you want to call it that looks ok to me with the exception of Steve Price.

Nice guy and all and yes great player for Canterbury-Bankstown but I have a problem with him comming back.

Lets remember when he left in 2004 he did so leaving his decision to weeks after the Grand Final. Well after the club made the decision not to offer Jonathan Thurston the extra $30k a season he wanted to stay at Belmore because they couldn't get Brath Anasta to agree to move to anther club and they were keeping money up their sleeve to offer Price more money.

So lets not kid ourselves Price was a bigger piece of the puzzle (more so than Fokes or Anasta) as to how the dumbest decision in Australian sport was made.

Also I remember Price saying one of the biggest reasons he made the decision to take the Warriors offer was opportunities afforded to him after his playing career at the Warriors whereas the Bulldogs would make no such guarantee. I wonder what happened there?
Then we had a chance to get JT back before the cows won 2015 and Board did not get him. Price was not a decision maker on the JT issue then so why blame him. Very qualified to be on the Board and very attuned to and live the great culture during the great dogs era.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you had the track record he had you be stupid not to give him as much of a say as he wants, success seemed to follow him around.
As did salary cap disasters by back-ending deals!

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As did salary cap disasters by back-ending deals!
So the control of the club was handed over to the coach? I understand 2019 will still be an issue for us salary cap wise. Who signed off on all this stuff?

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So the control of the club was handed over to the coach? I understand 2019 will still be an issue for us salary cap wise. Who signed off on all this stuff?
It seems a 2-3 year rebuild but could be way longer if things do not change in Feb.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly my point!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, the current board are stable. Better sign Des up because the media are hounding us. Then when nothing changes, we'd better sack Des because the fans aren't happy.

That's not leadership, that's sucking on your finger then sticking it in the air to see which way the wind is blowing to get re-elected. Any board that panics into re-signing a coach because of media pressure only to sack the same coach a matter on months later because fans are unhappy shouldn't run anything. These guys are reactionary, they are not leaders. Leaders will make decisions in the best interests of the club even if it means that they may lose their positions on the board. They gave over too much control to Des to get him here & look where it got the club.

The salary cap is a mess, junior development is a mess & the roster is a mess too. The buck stops with them. They put their bits on the line, time to chop them off!
I certainly want at least two on the rival ticket elected, however what I know about a few on the rival ticket worries me, I've a feeling that they may not have their heart in the club, journey men have never impressed me.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I certainly want at least two on the rival ticket elected, however what I know about a few on the rival ticket worries me, I've a feeling that they may not have their heart in the club, journey men have never impressed me.
Who doesn't have their heart in the Club?

Steven Price
Chris Anderson
John Ballesty
Lynne Anderson
Paul Dunn

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Let's not forget the previous rebel ticket paid out $250k to Noad.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...04b2e5242?sv=bf5c6e7bf1e5e8eeb4dd3ce9af7087ab

For those wondering about the rebel ticket:
Paul Dunn - Former Bulldogs captain
Chris Anderson - Former player and coach
Lynne Anderson - Ticket holder. Australian Paralympic Comittee CEO and daughter of former Bulldogs chief Peter Moore.
Steve Price - Former Bulldogs captain.
John Ballesty - Long-time Canterbury Leagues Club General Manager

But but but ... let's not forget what happened at Eels in 2013.
Rebel ticket raced to victory. Some years later Steve Sharp and 5 others are banned and deregistered by NRL after completely cocking things up.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...04b2e5242?sv=bf5c6e7bf1e5e8eeb4dd3ce9af7087ab

Lynne Anderson - Ticket holder. Australian Paralympic Comittee CEO and daughter of former Bulldogs chief Peter Moore.

Rebel ticket raced to victory. Some years later Steve Sharp and 5 others are banned and deregistered by NRL after completely cocking things up.
Then according to the article you linked the rebel ticket did exactly what they said they would do if elected. Therefore that's what voting members voted for. And why the hell does parras board keep getting mentioned? Has absolutely nothing to do with us.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Then according to the article you linked the rebel ticket did exactly what they said they would do if elected. Therefore that's what voting members voted for. And why the hell does parras board keep getting mentioned? Has absolutely nothing to do with us.
Parra fans wanted change, Parra fans voted in the board/rebel ticket, and look what that did to the club.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what do you know Dibber Dobber?

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Lol-comparing a ticket to a Parra board-that takes the cake. I think u are trying to rewrite history. Can i ask do you run this page?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

You cant compare those 2 tickets simply because they are/were both “rebel” tickets.I think the current board will stay but i must say its a pretty strong rebel ticket

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Parra fans wanted change, Parra fans voted in the board/rebel ticket, and look what that did to the club.
It's Parra they were shit before and still are now. It still has nothing to do with us. We have been provided two options and we have to make a choice of has the current board done a good job or could a new board do a better job?. I'm sure you could just as easily pick out another situation where a board has been replaced and a team went on to great success. But that doesn't mean that a replacement board necessarily means success for us.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dstyle ... you're going to be most upset if Dib retains his spot aren't you?
I want the best for the club and i leave it in the hands of the very intelligent menbers.
Do you run this page? Still waiting for an answer?

Last edited by a moderator:

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dstyle ... you're going to be most upset if Dib retains his spot aren't you?
I have faith in the intelligent bulldogs members. No indivdual is responsible for the club. It takes a board to set the strategy and culture-not one person. Poor Ray is copping all the heat but if Ray is seen as a faiure by the membership, by definition the whole board must been seen in the same light. That is the way organisations work, not just the Dogs. It is really up to the members to ascertain the situation. So please if you think Ray has not performed, i think that is unfair of you as Ray good or bad does not operate on his own. If you believe that, then the whole board needs to be looked at and potentially replaced under your analysis.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that the rebel ticket have substantial integrity unlike that Parramatta board.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I want the best for the club and i leave it in the hands of the very intelligent menbers.
Do you run this page? Still waiting for an answer?
What's that got to do with the price of sausages at Sausagefest?

Status
Not open for further replies.