Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Quick question, my router is awesome but loses strenght upstairs. I have 1 Ethernet outlet upstairs. If I get a Wi-Fi extender, can I plug it in that outlet strengthening the signal, or it doesn't work like that?

All my hardware is Netgear and I was looking at this...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/282466897605
Short answer: that will work

Long answer: what you're looking for is an Access Point rather than a range extender. With an access point you run an Ethernet cable from your router to the Access Point then wirelessly connect to the Access Point. With a range extender the device picks up the wireless signal and boosts it. The Ethernet ports are used to connect any wired devices (computer, gaming console, etc) to the extender which will wirelessly connect to the router. But it is also used to wirelessly connect to the extender then the extender sends the signal to the router.

The plus side is that the extender you are looking at can do either. I would suggest first using it in Wireless Extender mode to see how it goes. If you're still having wireless network issues then you just need to go into the Wireless Extender settings and change it to "Access Point mode" or "AP mode" the connect it to the Ethernet cable.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Short answer: that will work

Long answer: what you're looking for is an Access Point rather than a range extender. With an access point you run an Ethernet cable from your router to the Access Point then wirelessly connect to the Access Point. With a range extender the device picks up the wireless signal and boosts it. The Ethernet ports are used to connect any wired devices (computer, gaming console, etc) to the extender which will wirelessly connect to the router. But it is also used to wirelessly connect to the extender then the extender sends the signal to the router.

The plus side is that the extender you are looking at can do either. I would suggest first using it in Wireless Extender mode to see how it goes. If you're still having wireless network issues then you just need to go into the Wireless Extender settings and change it to "Access Point mode" or "AP mode" the connect it to the Ethernet cable.
Thanks brother, explained like a boss.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
EB Games are a bunch of jew *****. They want to trade my 2TB XboneS for the same price as a 500gb one.

I wish JB traded consoles

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Southy: Is that a seatbelt I see???

Hacky's covered your question pretty much Tank ... though a decent wireless router should easily cover a 2 story home if setup right.... oh and as long as its not a POS Technicolour/DLink/etc.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Southy: Is that a seatbelt I see???

Hacky's covered your question pretty much Tank ... though a decent wireless router should easily cover a 2 story home if setup right.... oh and as long as its not a POS Technicolour/DLink/etc.
Yep not hooked up yet but will do that shortly. It does throw you around enough to buckle up.
I just tested dirt rally now that needs a tight belt lol i rolled the car and felt like i was going to spew .
Its fucking bumpy. Every gear change every bump you can feel. Still haven't wired up buttkickers yet they will go on pedal mounts. Getting a big handbrake made up .
The only thing ill be interested down the track is fanatec release the podium series direct drive wheel. It will be a wrist snapping monster.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Look what I just got...

The earliest game in this list was made in 1979, while the latest was released in 1997.

Lunar Rescue
Balloon Bomber
Crazy Balloon
Qix
Alpine Ski
Front Line
Wild Western
Chack'n Pop
The Legend of Kage
The Fairyland Story
KiKi KaiKai
Bonze Adventure
Kuri Kinton
Nastar Warrior
Raimais
Syvalion
Cadash
Cameltry
Don Doko Don
Insector X
Violence Fight
Football Champ
Growl
Gun Frontier
Liquid Kids
Super Space Invaders
Metal Black
Arabian Magic
Grid Seeker: Project Storm Hammer
RayForce
Bubble Symphony
Darius Gaiden
Dungeon Magic
Space Invaders DX
Elevator Action Returns
Gekirindan
Puzzle Bobble 2
Space Invaders
Cleopatra Fortune
RayStorm
G-Darius
Pop'n Pop
Puchi Carat

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Look what I just got...

The earliest game in this list was made in 1979, while the latest was released in 1997.

Lunar Rescue
Balloon Bomber
Crazy Balloon
Qix
Alpine Ski
Front Line
Wild Western
Chack'n Pop
The Legend of Kage
The Fairyland Story
KiKi KaiKai
Bonze Adventure
Kuri Kinton
Nastar Warrior
Raimais
Syvalion
Cadash
Cameltry
Don Doko Don
Insector X
Violence Fight
Football Champ
Growl
Gun Frontier
Liquid Kids
Super Space Invaders
Metal Black
Arabian Magic
Grid Seeker: Project Storm Hammer
RayForce
Bubble Symphony
Darius Gaiden
Dungeon Magic
Space Invaders DX
Elevator Action Returns
Gekirindan
Puzzle Bobble 2
Space Invaders
Cleopatra Fortune
RayStorm
G-Darius
Pop'n Pop
Puchi Carat
PC or console? How much k

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
PC or console? How much k
PC. Got it for $25 on ebay. You can still get it for the PC and console and it's unlocked (good old days before you needed to register your PC game). Still plenty available (different sellers).

PC: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Taito-L...761347&hash=item1a40ce34a3:g:8swAAOSwj85YMQ~p
PS2: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Taito-L...761347&hash=item1a40ce34a3:g:8swAAOSwj85YMQ~p
X-Box ($50): https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/xbox-TA...095176?hash=item2131e64488:g:RKUAAOSwVDZaAtWS

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
fanatec are getting into the direct drive wheel this year. Putting out 2 versions .should be about $999 and $1499 . Only a few direct drives on market bodnar wheel $8000 and osw diy which can be $3000 so fuck that. .
Accuforce dropped a direct drive in 2015 that was $2000 by 2017 v2 come out at $1300 after trying to be competitive by black friday sales they had it at $999.
So do you go with the accuforce v2 next sale . Or hit the new fanatec on release with in mind their v2 will be out in another 2 years probably at a cheaper price .
And fuck i need new pedals

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Definitely Fanatec... their gear is really well made... plus newer technology.

Are any of them using brushless motors?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Definitely Fanatec... their gear is really well made... plus newer technology.

Are any of them using brushless motors?
Not sure .
Accuforce technology a year old.
And fixed the issues of first series this is why ill wait till theres a comparison as it sort of stands. logitech wheel entry , thrustmaster offer a bit more noticeable difference. Fanatec top end servo and wheel smokes them both put together.
But the accuforce direct drive is a very big leap over the fanatec belt drives .atm.
Waiting to see if the fanatec specs on the direct drive are better than the accuforce. The next levels above that forget about lol the price is to much

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah you can go completely stupid with it (price wise). Mines on a stop build until I get myself a job and get these bank accounts built back up again. Which is kinda gay given it even has it's own room now!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So i finished AC origins and it's really bugging me that the modern day story isn't really kicking on. Kinda miss it from the old series :(

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So i finished AC origins and it's really bugging me that the modern day story isn't really kicking on. Kinda miss it from the old series :(
I remember when one of the more recent AC's came out and all the reviews said, "They finally got rid of the modern day stuff that no one likes". I immediately thought, "Piss off. The modern day stuff was great"

Without the modern day stuff you're basically just playing a simulator for no reason.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I remember when one of the more recent AC's came out and all the reviews said, "They finally got rid of the modern day stuff that no one likes". I immediately thought, "Piss off. The modern day stuff was great"

Without the modern day stuff you're basically just playing a simulator for no reason.
Yh i loved the modern day stuff, i even miss that **** Desmond haha. I guess Origins did explain a lot that links back to modern day, but in terms of action nothing really happened.

Origins was a pretty good game though, hopefully they keep the series going like this.