Current board do not deserve another chance (besides Mortimer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sure the old board made mistakes but were not to far off the pace. But if the new board fail we will end up like Parra and it will take 30 years to fix.
Yes mate the current Board is the only group in the world that know how to run the club- like the Board that ran Parra-used to think. Seriously mate-wake up to yourself and look at things objectively and not thru those shite coloured glasses. If you really put the club first you would think differently. Don't be a nufty.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes mate the current Board is the only group in the world that know how to run the club- like the Board that ran Parra-used to think. Seriously mate-wake up to yourself and look at things objectively and not thru those shite coloured glasses. If you really put the club first you would think differently. Don't be a nufty.
Is it true a couple of current board members want to jump to the rebel ticket? That is the word around Leagues Club today. Please clarify

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer is a man of honour and integrity.
Put him back in a top executive position.

The Bulldogs haven't had a major scandal which I'm aware of since 2010?

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So basically anyone who doesn’t agree with you is an idiot or head up their arse? Yeah mate pull ur own head out first before commenting...and read other people’s replies properly so you actually understand what they are telling you
U must enjoy what has occured at the club and it is not just this year. It has been brewing for a few years. It is because of people like you we reached the lows and embarassment of this year. Proves you do not love the club but have some warped self interest. Nobody who loves the club would stand by and watch what has occured and be ok with it. As i said previously get your head out of your ARSE then you can smell the roses.

N

Natboy

People are free to vote however they like but just think about why Dib has rushed in all of these cosmetic changes a couple of months before the election.
Why didn’t he do them years ago?
He is only trying to save himself and will fuck things again if he maintains his position

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Relax Paul
Hey x
Fair enough I just really don’t appreciate people who are closed minded if you don’t agree with their point of view...and it must mean I don’t love my club bcoz I don’t agree? Wow

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
U must enjoy what has occured at the club and it is not just this year. It has been brewing for a few years. It is because of people like you we reached the lows and embarassment of this year. Proves you do not love the club but have some warped self interest. Nobody who loves the club would stand by and watch what has occured and be ok with it. As i said previously get your head out of your ARSE then you can smell the roses.
Look I like competition and personally if you asked my thoughts (again rather than insult me because I don’t exactly agree) I think the Anderson ticket has a strong look to it, however if you know your footy, Paul Dunn has failed at the Souths board previously and personally I don’t want to risk going backwards from where we are now. Regardless of when or why the changes were made, they WERE made AND it was the chances the fans wanted. You don’t like the new changes?

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
People are free to vote however they like but just think about why Dib has rushed in all of these cosmetic changes a couple of months before the election.
Why didn’t he do them years ago?
He is only trying to save himself and will fuck things again if he maintains his position
As if your actually bagging the bloke for
Making changes? And as it is with every decision the board makes it’s all voted on. At the end of the day they have done everything they needed to.

Who could really make changes with des in charge? He was our only problem and it all seemed to stem from him.

Like a post above I feel a board change is just going to set us backward esp with Paul hiding behind everyone else on the rival ticket hoping no one notices if he fks up again lol

Reactions: mez

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Making changes? And as it is with every decision the board makes it’s all voted on. At the end of the day they have done everything they needed to.

Who could really make changes with des in charge? He was our only problem and it all seemed to stem from him.

Like a post above I feel a board change is just going to set us backward esp with Paul hiding behind everyone else on the rival ticket hoping no one notices if he fks up again lol
Yes Des was the Board, the Ceo, the coach, the everything-lol. I wonder who allowed that to occur.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey x
Fair enough I just really don’t appreciate people who are closed minded if you don’t agree with their point of view...and it must mean I don’t love my club bcoz I don’t agree? Wow
So which one are u??

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So which one are u??
I love this club and regardless of why and when, we have all (if not most) of the changes we as fans and members have been wanting for a couple of years now. So no I’m not happy it has taken this long but if the right changes were made, then what’s the problem? And I made comment to you because I don’t like online bullies/ keyboard warriors have a go at other fans for having a different opinion to you. They love this club, our beloved Bulldogs just like you

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Read your initial post - you called a group of people a wank. Learn to read your initial post before accusing others of being personal
My question stands...do you agree with changes or not? Simple yes or no. And if you read carefully MAYBE X-factor meant the attempt from these people are a wank not the people themselves, since they have left little time to build momentum for the rebel ticket? Possibility?

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol look at your other posts to other people on this forum and see if you can sense a pattern. Anyone is a nuffy or have their head their arse if they don’t vote for the rebel ticket and I haven’t called anyone anything.
Happy New Year to all Bulldog Fans. I love youse all!!

N

Natboy

So Des had control of the club, not the board?
You just answered yourself mate

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah.....so first things first this club is way overdue for a premiership!!

So the question is. Is the club closer now to a premiership than when Dib became chairman? I don't believe it is and personally I would like to see another chairman.

The "rebel ticket" if you want to call it that looks ok to me with the exception of Steve Price.

Nice guy and all and yes great player for Canterbury-Bankstown but I have a problem with him comming back.

Lets remember when he left in 2004 he did so leaving his decision to weeks after the Grand Final. Well after the club made the decision not to offer Jonathan Thurston the extra $30k a season he wanted to stay at Belmore because they couldn't get Brath Anasta to agree to move to anther club and they were keeping money up their sleeve to offer Price more money.

So lets not kid ourselves Price was a bigger piece of the puzzle (more so than Fokes or Anasta) as to how the dumbest decision in Australian sport was made.

Also I remember Price saying one of the biggest reasons he made the decision to take the Warriors offer was opportunities afforded to him after his playing career at the Warriors whereas the Bulldogs would make no such guarantee. I wonder what happened there?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pardon if I'm wrong but it appears that Dunn is the brains child behind the rival ticket, when he failed to get elected 4 years ago I felt that he left with some bitterness.
Their is nothing wrong having ambition, I'm sure that the members of shamble boards of both Parra and Tigers in the past all had plenty of ambition.
To have any chance for success a stable board is absolutely essential, the current board has shown to be just that if nothing else. I'd be confident that Anderson and Ballasty would contribute to stability, I don't know enough about the others to comment. I believe that it would be good for the club to see 1 or 2 changes but not a totally new board.
As for Turvey I cannot see him supporting the old board if he thought that the rival ticket would do a better job.
Yep, the current board are stable. Better sign Des up because the media are hounding us. Then when nothing changes, we'd better sack Des because the fans aren't happy.

That's not leadership, that's sucking on your finger then sticking it in the air to see which way the wind is blowing to get re-elected. Any board that panics into re-signing a coach because of media pressure only to sack the same coach a matter on months later because fans are unhappy shouldn't run anything. These guys are reactionary, they are not leaders. Leaders will make decisions in the best interests of the club even if it means that they may lose their positions on the board. They gave over too much control to Des to get him here & look where it got the club.

The salary cap is a mess, junior development is a mess & the roster is a mess too. The buck stops with them. They put their bits on the line, time to chop them off!

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
So Des had control of the club, not the board?
You just answered yourself mate
When you had the track record he had you be stupid not to give him as much of a say as he wants, success seemed to follow him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.