2018 members pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah that’s true you are paying for it. Ive got a daughter 6 years old and she wants to wear the cool hats like the parents do. Clearly they haven’t included the hat cause the old ones were not popular and you can put the voucher towards a better one.
Yeah I know and I might go down to the store today and get one, but I usually have 4 or 5 Dogs hats on hand at any one time anyway. The thing is a members hat sets you apart from others and you can wear it anytime you like. I even have a plonker mate of mine who wears his rorters members cap to golf every week. He is wearing his passion. Just a shame that none of my hats will say "member".

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I know and I might go down to the store today and get one, but I usually have 4 or 5 Dogs hats on hand at any one time anyway. The thing is a members hat sets you apart from others and you can wear it anytime you like. I even have a plonker mate of mine who wears his rorters members cap to golf every week. He is wearing his passion. Just a shame that none of my hats will say "member".
They are polishing a turd mate

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I checked about 7 other Sydney teams and all received at least a hat/scarf/beanie. A lot were a choice between the three. The only other club I found with stuff all was the West Tigers, they got a keyring at least (with lanyard, vouchers etc).

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I checked about 7 other Sydney teams and all received at least a hat/scarf/beanie. A lot were a choice between the three. The only other club I found with stuff all was the West Tigers, they got a keyring at least (with lanyard, vouchers etc).
Good effort by Tigers considering not too much funds. It shows us up i guess

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Spent all my vouchers at the Dogs Store today. Got the youngsters 'lids' and I got an adult cap. Worked out reasonably cheap overall and everyone got what they wanted. Also got a new polo. Best one I have ever seen them produce. Will be on the golf course in it tomorrow!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What scarves and hats? There aren't any in any of my packs. All the kids got was a pencil case, bag tag, colouring book, lanyard and flag. Adults only got lanyard, sticker and voucher. Or are you talking about the Eels pack?

Teens got the caps and scarf.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Teens got the caps and scarf.

Funny isn't it. My eldest grandson is now some sort of transitional member between the juniors and adult so he gets the adult pack but at some sort of discount price. Anyway I bought him a new cap today so he'll be OK.....

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just out of interest, I thought I would compare what the Bulldogs have to offer me as opposed to my favourite AFL team. Both are comparisons based on an interstate member not able to attend games.

Dogs AFL
Cost $65 + $3-95 handling fee / $60
member card No / Yes
Lapel pin No / Yes
Bumper sticker 1 / 3
Season Guide mag No / Yes
Season Annual mag No / Yes
Fixture magnet No / Yes
Voting rights after 3 years / immediately
discount at shop 15% / 15%
Special member emails Yes / Yes
Lanyard Yes / Yes
$20 value Shop voucher / choice of 1 of shop voucher, beanie, cap, donation, scarf or 2 GA tickets
Free entry to reserve grade games No / Yes
4 games tickets Yes / No (But I can't get to games!)
reciprocal game access Yes / No (But I can't get to games!)
Priority tickets origin/finals Yes / No (But I can't get to games!)
Member only events access Yes / Yes (But I can't get there!)

So what do I REALLY get for my money?
CB $68-95 - 1 sticker, 15% discount at shop (can get cheaper elsewhere), $20 voucher & lanyard (what the hell do I use that for?)
AFL $60 - 3 stickers, member card, lapel pin, 2 magazines, fixture magnet, 15 discount at shop (can get cheaper elsewhere), lanyard (as above), $20 choice

Which is better value? In my opinion the AFL is double the value of the Dogs pack & cheaper.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just out of interest, I thought I would compare what the Bulldogs have to offer me as opposed to my favourite AFL team. Both are comparisons based on an interstate member not able to attend games.

Dogs AFL
Cost $65 + $3-95 handling fee / $60
member card No / Yes
Lapel pin No / Yes
Bumper sticker 1 / 3
Season Guide mag No / Yes
Season Annual mag No / Yes
Fixture magnet No / Yes
Voting rights after 3 years / immediately
discount at shop 15% / 15%
Special member emails Yes / Yes
Lanyard Yes / Yes
$20 value Shop voucher / choice of 1 of shop voucher, beanie, cap, donation, scarf or 2 GA tickets
Free entry to reserve grade games No / Yes
4 games tickets Yes / No (But I can't get to games!)
reciprocal game access Yes / No (But I can't get to games!)
Priority tickets origin/finals Yes / No (But I can't get to games!)
Member only events access Yes / Yes (But I can't get there!)

So what do I REALLY get for my money?
CB $68-95 - 1 sticker, 15% discount at shop (can get cheaper elsewhere), $20 voucher & lanyard (what the hell do I use that for?)
AFL $60 - 3 stickers, member card, lapel pin, 2 magazines, fixture magnet, 15 discount at shop (can get cheaper elsewhere), lanyard (as above), $20 choice

Which is better value? In my opinion the AFL is double the value of the Dogs pack & cheaper.
You seem to be combining the Football Club membership with the football member status. I'm a 10 year platinum member and I can't vote. That is the domain of the 900 footy club members.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You seem to be combining the Football Club membership with the football member status. I'm a 10 year platinum member and I can't vote. That is the domain of the 900 footy club members.
Then that makes the AFL one even more attractive

Status
Not open for further replies.