Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
LMFAO. That's so bad it's good.

How random was it when he started playing the drum and his mum was dancing LOL. Thanks bro :D
That's why I posted it, it's so stupid you have to laugh lol

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is already Chinese developers whom have promised money and a stadium for Wollongong/south area. I think they sponsor CCM in Asian cup or whatever it’s called
I did read about that, think they were from Hong Kong specifically. At this stage their initial stadium proposal in Loftus was knocked back given the land they specifically wanted allocated by council. Puts that proposal in some doubt or at the very least delays it I would imagine.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I did read about that, think they were from Hong Kong specifically. At this stage their initial stadium proposal in Loftus was knocked back given the land they specifically wanted allocated by council. Puts that proposal in some doubt or at the very least delays it I would imagine.
That wouldn't make any sense though as Loftus is in Sharks territory. In any event unless it is a 30,000+ stadium it's not worth building and I don't see a HK outfit stumping up $400m for that.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That wouldn't make any sense though as Loftus is in Sharks territory. In any event unless it is a 30,000+ stadium it's not worth building and I don't see a HK outfit stumping up $400m for that.
It’s a massive company. 400m could be a good investment for them. They are trying to build a presence in aus I believe. I think they started with the small sponsorship but they probably want the stadium named after them

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a massive company. 400m could be a good investment for them. They are trying to build a presence in aus I believe. I think they started with the small sponsorship but they probably want the stadium named after them
And the bit about Loftus being in Sharks territory.......

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
are you talking about Qatar or Kuwait

They say Kuwait is so oil rich that you buy a piece of land to build a little house there and 50% chance you will find an oil well in your back yard. lol
Fucking ***** i dug a hole in my backyard found half a clothes peg and a broken drill bit.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And the bit about Loftus being in Sharks territory.......
The team proposed was a Sutherland shire based team, an area with huge amount of footballers, you should know being in Oatley ;) They might keep trying to build a stadium if that’s their desire. Or they could just build out in GWS where they own billions of $$ worth of land and try compete with WSW

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The team proposed was a Sutherland shire based team, an area with huge amount of footballers, you should know being in Oatley ;) They might keep trying to build a stadium if that’s their desire. Or they could just build out in GWS where they own billions of $$ worth of land and try compete with WSW
I think you are missing the point. This was a discussion about a mob from HK building a stadium in Loftus for the Dragons. The Sharks own Loftus not the Dragons so it would be counter intuitive for a stadium to be built in that suburb to assist the Dragons. And yes I do live in Oatley and know the area.... Doesn't matter how much money a company has they don't waste it on a whim. If they can't get their investment back they won't spend and $400+m for a stadium requires a lot of games to be played to get their money back. If they don't spend that kind of money then it won't fit the stadia policy and won't be approved. So, the bottom line is it isn't going to happen.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point. This was a discussion about a mob from HK building a stadium in Loftus for the Dragons. The Sharks own Loftus not the Dragons so it would be counter intuitive for a stadium to be built in that suburb to assist the Dragons. And yes I do live in Oatley and know the area.... Doesn't matter how much money a company has they don't waste it on a whim. If they can't get their investment back they won't spend and $400+m for a stadium requires a lot of games to be played to get their money back. If they don't spend that kind of money then it won't fit the stadia policy and won't be approved. So, the bottom line is it isn't going to happen.
I was the one who first mentioned the Chinese developer building a stadium and it was for a new a league team, not an NRL team.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I was the one who first mentioned the Chinese developer building a stadium and it was for a new a league team, not an NRL team.
Sorry, clearly we have drifted off target. Started as a St george thing and now an a-league thing. I'll leave the soccer stuff to those who care.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like provisional approval already granted. Couldn't attach the link myself but there is an SMH article on Oct 18 if you Google 'SMH Southern Expansion gains council approval'

Status
Not open for further replies.