Movie Discussion

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about TLJ and this whole latest series. If they weren't part of the star wars brand I'd probably have thought they were a decent action series. But comparing them to the in depth stories that the brand delivered in the past makes me feel that they've let the brand down. As it is i think they were probably middle of the range movies that i didn't think were bad, but not necessarily all that good either since the stories are weak.

With the first two trilogies they used political intrigue along side action to make some great stories with characters that had depth. This series revolves entirely around the lead characters and doesn't draw you into feeling like more than a few people are involved or important. It makes the star wars universe feel small in comparison. They've completely steered clear of political intrigue, seemingly so they can develop a few characters a bit more. And even in doing that they've kept the characters pretty simple in my opinion. It gives me the feeling that they've just made the decision to cash in on a popular brand without investing a huge amount of effort into making it feel epic.

But cash in on the brand they will. If they're able to get a new movie out every two or three years like they've indicated is the plan, the plot lines are not going to have the same level of brilliance. I don't know how long they've been making star wars cartoons, but even if they burn their bridges and lose the traditional fans, they'll still be able to rely on the fact that a generation of youngsters have watched the cartoon series and for them i think the movies will probably rate pretty well. And realistically the people who watched the original series when it was released are now at an age where they probably won't make trips to the movies a high priority. The younger generation is the new target audience for future releases. I think they've made a calculated guess that they can get away with focusing on action in cartoonish movies and still make money.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I’m still annoyed with the last Jedi.

Luke was never meant to be killed off this early nor was he meant to take a back seat. Disney changed Star Wars canon comics to non canon now called Star Wars legends. And I found out why. It doesn’t suit their agenda, as Luke has sons and han has sons that become powerful no real powerful daughters lol so obviously Disney can’t allow that misogyny.

It’s also ridiculous at how Mary Sue like Rey is and over powered when Luke had to actually train and learn and not just feel the force and was able to Use a lightsaber against a strong trained oponent.

Rey should get raped by the sand people is what I am saying.

Kathleen Kennedy has singleness handedly destroyed Star Wars and just a few days ago forced Mark Hamill pretty much to come out and apologise over his resentment over the treatment of Luke Skywalker.
Kathleen went on record saying she doesn’t owe anything to the male Star Wars fans lolllll bitch without them Star Wars wouldn’t have made money, it’s always about the fans and you’ve now made it political you horse faced gender fluid sharmuta

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Shit @Realist90 my man can you put a spoiler alert when you reveal things about movies..like The Last FREAKING Jedi..especially if you straight away give a major plot detail away..in the first couple of sentences..which I didn’t know!

This would have been you if you’d been around in 1980..

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shit @Realist90 my man can you put a spoiler alert when you reveal things about movies..like The Last FREAKING Jedi..especially if you straight away give a major plot detail away..in the first couple of sentences..which I didn’t know!

Ffs I have been putting spoiler alerts the whole time but every one started talking casually without spoiler warnings so I just followed the crowd. I’m fucken sorry!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ffs I have been putting spoiler alerts the whole time but every one started talking casually without spoiler warnings so I just followed the crowd. I’m fucken sorry!
Hey you have never have been a follower..why start now? Lol!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Lollllllllll it’s hard to disagree when you’re using my idol. Hahaha

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He hes seen the rainbow way and now loves the dick , fenemism and womens rights drove realist to helmet scoffing
Hahahaha following the crowd leads to all those things. I have no idea what happened. It’s not the realist way. It won’t happen again, I need to self evaluate.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch "The Big Short" the other night on Netflix.

@Hacky McAxe @CroydonDog probably a movie you'd both enjoy..

It's about the collapse of the US housing market, and hedge fund managers that were buying up lowly rated stocks.

Very interesting movie and based on real life.
Saw it when it first came out a couple years ago.

Margot Robbie in the bathtub was a highlight, but i can't remember what she was talking about.. .

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
20180101_145159.jpg
I bought a movie ticket online this morning and saw this interesting line re food when i printed off the ticket (sorry for it being sideways)

I know "no outside food" is a big thing in U.S. cinemas but I've never come across an issue here in Oz. It isn't an issue when I do my regular cinema runs in Bangkok either.

Do others take food into the theatre?

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I bought a movie ticket online this morning and saw this interesting line re food when i printed off the ticket.

I know "no outside food" is a big thing in U.S. cinemas but I've never come across an issue here in Oz. It isn't an issue when I do my regular cinema runs in Bangkok either.

Do others take food into the theatre?
Yep. I always do now days but when I was a kid they wouldn't let you take food in.

Now days my local cinema doesn't even have an usher. You just walk in with or without a ticket.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, I'd like interrupt the whining abut Star Wars to bring the first movie review of 2018 - Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri.

It's hard to classify a genre for this film. I found myself laughing out loud so much, especially at some of the great use of foul language, and the incompetence of some of the cops, but at other times, it was very sad when we are reminded of centrepiece of the film - the murder of a young woman (which isn't seen in the movie, but it the reason for the billboards), as well as the deaths of some of the characters.

Woody Harrelson, after this movie and shows like True Detective appears to be having his Hollywood renaissance, after so much success in his early days. Good supporting roles from Sam Rockwell, our won Abbie Cornish (who seems to be looking more and more like Kate Winslet), and a small role from Peter Dinklage. But the star of the movie is Frances McDormand (who audiences might remember as playing the matriarch in the 2nd season of Fargo), who is the no nonsense tough, but grieving mother who just wants justice for her daughter.

The ending will split viewers I think, but I liked it.

This is the most dynamic film i've seen in a while, so i'll give it an 8/10.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yep. I always do now days but when I was a kid they wouldn't let you take food in.

Now days my local cinema doesn't even have an usher. You just walk in with or without a ticket.
I'm kind of over the whole popcorn thing. Nowadays I tend to buy little nibblies, chocolate and other things from this lolly stand near the cinema. I just buy about $10 worth then walk in. They don't say anything.

In fact when I watched Kingsman 2, this Asian couple came and sat next to me, and you know what they had? Hamburgers. HAMBURGERS! The good thing is I didn't smell it, but FFS Hamburgers are not something you take into a cinema, let alone a movie like Kingsman. Goodness knows how they enjoyed their sticky, dirty hands for the rest of the movie. I'm also guessing the scene where that guy was forced to eat the raw flesh of the other guy didn't help their hamburgers sit well ay lol.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seen new star wars didnt mind it . The only real complaint was i had 2 coffees before it and an hour and a half in had to make a mad dash for a piss

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of over the whole popcorn thing. Nowadays I tend to buy little nibblies, chocolate and other things from this lolly stand near the cinema. I just buy about $10 worth then walk in. They don't say anything.

In fact when I watched Kingsman 2, this Asian couple came and sat next to me, and you know what they had? Hamburgers. HAMBURGERS! The good thing is I didn't smell it, but FFS Hamburgers are not something you take into a cinema, let alone a movie like Kingsman. Goodness knows how they enjoyed their sticky, dirty hands for the rest of the movie. I'm also guessing the scene where that guy was forced to eat the raw flesh of the other guy didn't help their hamburgers sit well ay lol.
Terminator 2 i snuck in a bottle of vodka and bought a packet of jaffas , freddy and Jason me and a mate took a carton of rum in 2 back packs .fuck i was pissed by the end of it lol. Probably a good thing i dont drink no more :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

In Vmax and Gold class you can order hamburgers