Sheikh Wants To Buy Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They Saudis are better off buying into Cronulla. They would be known as the Cronulla Sheikhs!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And then there is Brazil with their deep water oil drilling just about ready to go. 5th largest oil field in the world. Was all the rage when I was over there a few years ago. So much so that they didn't care about the WC or Olympics.

Brazil is also minerals rich , produces more iron ore than Australia.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheap labour. Probably cheaper than China.
No mate. only a small country not much bigger than Sydney. Is the richest country per capita in the World. Every family gets a yearly allowance in 6 figures even if they don't work. Only a couple of million people or so but gee it is a tough place to live. 50+c temps in summer with 90% humidity and only stinking hot in winter with sandstorms. Can't even swim in the Gulf - it is about 30c in the water. Don't care how much money they have good luck to em I don't want any of it if I had to live there.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No mate. only a small country not much bigger than Sydney. Is the richest country per capita in the World. Every family gets a yearly allowance in 6 figures even if they don't work. Only a couple of million people or so but gee it is a tough place to live. 50+c temps in summer with 90% humidity and only stinking hot in winter with sandstorms. Can't even swim in the Gulf - it is about 30c in the water. Don't care how much money they have good luck to em I don't want any of it if I had to live there.
I must of misread bro, I was talking about Brazil.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

are you talking about Qatar or Kuwait

They say Kuwait is so oil rich that you buy a piece of land to build a little house there and 50% chance you will find an oil well in your back yard. lol

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
are you talking about Qatar or Kuwait

They say Kuwait is so oil rich that you buy a piece of land to build a little house there and 50% chance you will find an oil well in your back yard. lol
No, Qatar is the richest country in the gulf now. The gas is just a huge money spinner and there is plenty of it. Kuwait never recovered from the slant drilling problems with Iraq that led to the war.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No, Qatar is the richest country in the gulf now. The gas is just a huge money spinner and there is plenty of it. Kuwait never recovered from the slant drilling problems with Iraq that led to the war.

Qatar and Kuwait are like Dubai and Abudhabi

the one who makes more money never spends it and the ones makes less money is always spending.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Qatar and Kuwait are like Dubai and Abudhabi

the one who makes more money never spends it and the ones makes less money is always spending.
Ha. Lived in both and know which one is more fun.....

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can't know too much about the NRL if he thinks the dragons can be turned into a super power in world sport.
Well St George do have a huge supporter base across the country. Probably wouldn't take too much money by Qatari standards to make a big difference in the NRL. Merry Xmas with TPAs for everyone.

Also think if they did this they would also probably get involved in the proposed Southern expansion franchise in the A-League. Given he is close to the PSG Chairman there would probably be a pathway and or ownership link for local players.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well St George do have a huge supporter base across the country. Probably wouldn't take too much money by Qatari standards to make a big difference in the NRL. Merry Xmas with TPAs for everyone.

Also think if they did this they would also probably get involved in the proposed Southern expansion franchise in the A-League. Given he is close to the PSG Chairman there would probably be a pathway and or ownership link for local players.
There is already Chinese developers whom have promised money and a stadium for Wollongong/south area. I think they sponsor CCM in Asian cup or whatever it’s called

Status
Not open for further replies.