Current board do not deserve another chance (besides Mortimer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe that ANYONE would even consider re-electing the current board. It's like being raped for years and suddenly they make some changes and all is forgiven WTF ! There's still 2 legal cases pending which they were involved in which could cost the club over $5M. As our board / our leaders they were supposed to be proactive and fix things before they really needed fixing yet while virtually every fan and professional league commentator knew Hasler needed to go they virtually re-sign him before being the VERY LAST to realise he needed to go. Steve Mortimer is the only one who should be retained from the current board, the rest are just puppets for Dib. Also Dib is now bad for business. What potential sponsor would trust doing business with Dib and co after the cloak and dagger stuff he pulled with Hasler and it was very widely published in the media ? NO-ONE could do a job any worse than the current board. The current board do not deserve another chance.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes board made a mistake attempting to resign Hasler, but I think they thought the problem was his recruiting and if they sorted that everything could change. They gave him a chance to change the game plan and recruit better.

He FAILED and got sacked.

Move on

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes board made a mistake attempting to resign Hasler, but I think they thought the problem was his recruiting and if they sorted that everything could change. They gave him a chance to change the game plan and recruit better.

Move on
To sign a coach (depending on who you believe whether he was signed up or not) and then sack him before his new agreement even started is the straw that broke the camel's back imo.

Not good enough governance for me.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To sign a coach (depending on who you believe whether he was signed up or not) and then sack him before his new agreement even started is the straw that broke the camel's back imo.

Not good enough governance for me.

Why? It was pretty smart actually!!!

He recruits better, changes his game plan
We start winning and we are entertaining them it was a good choice resigning Hasler...

If he turns out to be a dud like he did we move him on and say it wasn't binding..

The club walk out the winners...

These big time developers making huge amount of money, you think they are squeaky clean with good images?
Nope they are ruthless and out to be the top dog with all the cash..

Good guy finish last, our club should be ruthless and sign players who are ruthless at the same time.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Move on
You wish

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

We start winning and we are entertaining them it was a good choice resigning Hasler...

If he turns out to be a dud like he did we move him on and say it wasn't binding..

These big time developers making huge amount of money, you think they are squeaky clean with good images?

Good guy finish last, our club should be ruthless and sign players who are ruthless at the same time.
It has really worked for 14 years hasn't it??

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It has really worked for 14 years hasn't it??

Well he was apparently re signed in April or something and then we got told maybe August he wast so not sure were you got 14 years from

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

If you think the above is the way to run a club- i hope you are not running for the Board

Reactions: DT

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't believe that ANYONE would even consider re-electing the current board. It's like being raped for years and suddenly they make some changes and all is forgiven WTF ! There's still 2 legal cases pending which they were involved in which could cost the club over $5M. As our board / our leaders they were supposed to be proactive and fix things before they really needed fixing yet while virtually every fan and professional league commentator knew Hasler needed to go they virtually re-sign him before being the VERY LAST to realise he needed to go. Steve Mortimer is the only one who should be retained from the current board, the rest are just puppets for Dib. Also Dib is now bad for business. What potential sponsor would trust doing business with Dib and co after the cloak and dagger stuff he pulled with Hasler and it was very widely published in the media ? NO-ONE could do a job any worse than the current board. The current board do not deserve another chance.
Agree but Turvey is only there for 6 months so unfortunately no point voting for him on this occasion. The absolute legend of our club will be moving on a few nonths after the election-that is the word

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you think the above is the way to run a club- i hope you are not running for the Board

I like the direction club is heading and why fkuk with that when this board might have own agenda...

Anyway whatever happenes happens, I'm just saying from all of them Turvey is the only one I trust.
That's including Steve price

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like the direction club is heading and why fkuk with that when this board might have own agenda...

Anyway whatever happenes happens, I'm just saying from all of them Turvey is the only one I trust.
So what would lead you to believe the challenges are not trustworthy? Bloody big comment mate!!!!!!

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

C'mon mate -direction? Are u at voting age yet?
Do you follow political elections. The major parties always make big decisions and promises right before an election, to win an election. So you cannot see that is what the current board are doing?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
C'mon mate -direction? Are u at voting age yet?
Do you follow political elections. The major parties always make big decisions and promises right before an election, to win an election. So you cannot see that is what the current board are doing?

Hahaha I actually ran as an independent in the federal elections about 10-12 years ago lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So what would lead you to believe the challenges are not trustworthy? Bloody big comment mate!!!!!!

Look they could be trustworthy I'm just saying I'm going with my heart ❤ if Turvey supports the current board then so do I. I believe he only wants what's best for the club.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look they could be trustworthy I'm just saying I'm going with my heart ❤ if Turvey supports the current board then so do I. I believe he only wants what's best for the club.
But you are not giving control to Turvey. I do understnd your sentiments -100 per cent. I am not here to argue but spell out some home truths.
Do you not remember Turvey left the Board as he did not agree with the Board on Des and culture of club and spoke up? PlusTurvey will not be on the board for long. So if you are voting with your heart and voting for want Turvey wants, you will vote for those challenging the current board. I am sure that is deep down what Turvey really wants.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
But you are not giving control to Turvey. I do understnd your sentiments -100 per cent. I am not here to argue but spell out some home truths.
Do you not remember Turvey left the Board as he did not agree with the Board on Des and culture of club and spoke up? PlusTurvey will not be on the board for long. So if you are voting with your heart and voting for want Turvey wants, you will vote for those challenging the current board. I am sure that is deep down what Turvey really wants.
If what you say about Turvey is true and I have no idea whether it is or not, you are essentially saying that a club legend and someone most fans look up to is a disingenuous turd who is propping up a board who he has no faith in by using his name and reputation to get it re-elected knowing he is not going to be around when the real decisions get made. In other words you are saying he is no better than Dib and the rest. I've only met him a few times but that doesn't gel with my conversations with him and I would prefer to think that given he has stood down twice on the basis of his principles he wouldn't be supporting the current board unless he believed they were the right choice. I'm not saying his choice is correct only that he has the integrity to stand up for what he believes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.