Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs predicted Round 1 line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Frawley is our best option to partner Foran. Foran to mentor him will be good for his development. Forgot about how Frawley played last year. One he had Des as coach lol. Two he was in and out of the team on a weekly basis. Its impossible to excel under these circumstances.

I think its important to have 2 game managers in the team. To control the tempo of the game etc. Foran and Frawley are the 2 smartest havles in our squad so its a no brainer to partner them. Game management is very important so these 2 are our best option. Frawley has a very good kicking game (again forget last year under des). Repeat sets are massive with limited interchange to wear the opposition down. Frawley is our best option in terms of a kicking game.

Plus he looks super fit in the pics ive seen. Lichaa particular confirmed our spine anyway which will be 1.Mbye 6.Foran 7.Frawley 9.Lichaa

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pay won’t be going for cogger for no reason.

He’s seen Frawley at raiders and Cooger in nsw under 20s!

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay won’t be going for cogger for no reason.

He’s seen Frawley at raiders and Cooger in nsw under 20s!
Excuse me for not being to thrilled about signing the back up for the back up and his back up half of the back to back to back wooden spooners

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is the team i think Pay will pick
1.Mbye
2.morris
3.Morris
4.Hoppa
5.montoya
6.Foran
7.Frawley/Cogger if he is signed
8.woods
9.Lichaa
10.Klemmer
11.Jackson
12.Elliot
13.Tolman
14.faualalo
15.Nu Brown
16.Rfm
17.Priest / i would prefer Tualau but get the feeling Pay must rate priest if he got him over
18.Eastwood

The biggest problem is see with our side this year is that i lacks serious speed Mbye is the only player with express pace

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Excuse me for not being to thrilled about signing the back up for the back up and his back up half of the back to back to back wooden spooners
Yeh he should of stopped them when he was what 18 in below grade?

If we had watson or Pearce he wouldn’t get a go either. We don’t. That said wouldn’t be the first kid to leave and kick on would he.

Again if the story’s true pay surely know more about Frawley and Cogger then we do.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeh he should of stopped them when he was what 18 in below grade?

If we had watson or Pearce he wouldn’t get a go either. We don’t. That said wouldn’t be the first kid to leave and kick on would he.

Again if the story’s true pay surely know more about Frawley and Cogger then we do.
Conner Watson is so over rated nothing speical about him at all

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't see Klemmer and Woods at prop starting at same time.

Klemmer is an impact player, at his best facing opposing tired forwards.

Woods is like Tolman with an upgrade.

This all depends who slots in at lock though. I reckon it'll be Eastwood in 13, and Klemmer or Woods of bench with other starting alongside Tolman.
Mr I has been on the gunja again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nah I can see all your points... just when Klemmer and Woods come off for a breather....

Taulau / Tolman / Fualalo are going to come on to replace them.

Hopefully Eastwood can fire this year and cement the #13 jersey so Klemmer and Tolman never see it.

That'd allow Jackson/RFM in second row, Elliot on bench ready for second row/lock rotation, and a decent bench lineup.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This is the team i think Pay will pick
1.Mbye
2.morris
3.Morris
4.Hoppa
5.montoya
6.Foran
7.Frawley/Cogger if he is signed
8.woods
9.Lichaa
10.Klemmer
11.Jackson
12.Elliot
13.Tolman
14.faualalo
15.Nu Brown
16.Rfm
17.Priest / i would prefer Tualau but get the feeling Pay must rate priest if he got him over
18.Eastwood

The biggest problem is see with our side this year is that i lacks serious speed Mbye is the only player with express pace
We have more speed than Desball has led u to believe. Players werent in space often

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think Frawley is our best option to partner Foran. Foran to mentor him will be good for his development. Forgot about how Frawley played last year. One he had Des as coach lol. Two he was in and out of the team on a weekly basis. Its impossible to excel under these circumstances.

I think its important to have 2 game managers in the team. To control the tempo of the game etc. Foran and Frawley are the 2 smartest havles in our squad so its a no brainer to partner them. Game management is very important so these 2 are our best option. Frawley has a very good kicking game (again forget last year under des). Repeat sets are massive with limited interchange to wear the opposition down. Frawley is our best option in terms of a kicking game.

Plus he looks super fit in the pics ive seen. Lichaa particular confirmed our spine anyway which will be 1.Mbye 6.Foran 7.Frawley 9.Lichaa
Frawley is dead average, Hasler or no Hasler. Our ISP side performed much better without him in the side. Lewis and Cleeland were far better in reserve grade than him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We have more speed than Desball has led u to believe. Players werent in space often
Na our side is pretty slow. Morris' are much slower these days, Montoya isn't exactly a speedster, Hoppa is Hoppa, Klemmer, Woods and Tolman all fairly slow, Foran hasn't stretched out for years.

RFM and Tualau do have some great pace for forwards, Moses is a speedster, Fualalo and Jackson have reasonable pace but that's about it. Everyone else not named is average or below average.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frawley is dead average, Hasler or no Hasler. Our ISP side performed much better without him in the side. Lewis and Cleeland were far better in reserve grade than him.
According to you Brown is average Frawley is also average. So put your money where mouth is and tell me who partners Foran with the roster we have?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Excuse the long winded post but am excited by the pissible changes with Hasler gone.

7 or 6, 9, 12 and the bench are the positions seriously up for grabs IMHO.

My 17 with options

1. Mbye / B Moz
2. B Moz / Smith
3. J Moz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya / Holland
6. Foran / Cleland
7. Coggar / Hastings pls
8. Woods
9. Brown / Leicha
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson (c) / RFM / Elliot / Young Pup?
12. RFM / Elliot / Young Pup
13. Tolman / Jackson

14. Leicha / Zac
15. & 16. Eastwood / Faulaolo /Preist / Toomaga/ Tualau
17. Elliot / RFM / Martin / Toomaga / Ogden

Comments:
Our biggest weakness is the fact we do not have an NRL quality half partner for Foran and Foran is comming back from 2 years of injuries! If our season goes south it will be because of no depth in the halves. Hasler what were you thinking?

I would like to see Jackson moved to 13 and give some of our young edge backrowers a go, but dont think that will happen.

We need to give Mbye a go at 1, think it is his best position longer term, but if we cant get a better no. 7 then Mbye at 7 with BMoz at 1 is our best option, no more Frawly or Hoppa @ 1 pls.

Surly we have some other good young forwards comming through?

Think Hoppa will kill it @ centre this year

We got Brown to be a 9 and that where we should play him, with Leicher's running game as impact of the Bench. Need crisp service from 9 as a priority and Leicher does not provide an NRL level passing game.
First point brown said he was recruited to play in the halves

2nd point how on earth did you put Holland anywhere near our starting line up? Please man I don't understand how he gets anywhere near first grade.

3. I think if mybe doesn't work at fullback and fingers crossed he does then he must play at 6 outside Foran

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
According to you Brown is average Frawley is also average. So put your money where mouth is and tell me who partners Foran with the roster we have?

Even though I consider Foran at 5/8 I would partner him with brown or cleeland with Foran at half. Shit thing is I have never rated forans kicking game so we need a organiser with a kicking game.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I consider Foran at 5/8 I would partner him with brown or cleeland with Foran at half. Shit thing is I have never rated forans kicking game so we need a organiser with a kicking game.
Bingo. You got it we need an organiser with a kicking game. Therefore Frawley is our best option. People want Cleeland to partner Foran if thats the case then we have no kicking game.

Repeat sets of 6 are massive with limited interchange. We need a half that can consistently get us repeat sets. Frawley has the best kicking game in our squad. At first I wanted Brown in the havles but do we really want someone who put there phone in a microwave playing in such a key position. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Frawley and Foran as partners will lead us around very nicely as there both very smart footballers. Forget what you saw of Frawley last year Des was coach remember. Athletes in every sport all over the world improve massively in a year. Especially around 24-25 years old which Frawley is now. Foran as a mentor will help him massively.

Foran as a halves partner is a massive upgrade from having played along side Reynolds and Mbye in your 1st year of nrl.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bingo. You got it we need an organiser with a kicking game. Therefore Frawley is our best option. People want Cleeland to partner Foran if thats the case then we have no kicking game.

Repeat sets of 6 are massive with limited interchange. We need a half that can consistently get us repeat sets. Frawley has the best kicking game in our squad. At first I wanted Brown in the havles but do we really want someone who put there phone in a microwave playing in such a key position. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Frawley and Foran as partners will lead us around very nicely as there both very smart footballers. Forget what you saw of Frawley last year Des was coach remember. Athletes in every sport all over the world improve massively in a year. Especially around 24-25 years old which Frawley is now. Foran as a mentor will help him massively.

Foran as a halves partner is a massive upgrade from having played along side Reynolds and Mbye in your 1st year of nrl.

I just don't see enough points in a Foran / Frawley combo

Don't forget mbye has a sweet left foot kick on him and he can be involved in the kicking game if brown or cleeland are at 6. Mbye would be Kicking with less pressure on his shoulders

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't see enough points in a Foran / Frawley combo

Don't forget mbye has a sweet left foot kick on him and he can be involved in the kicking game if brown or cleeland are at 6. Mbye would be Kicking with less pressure on his shoulders
As I said forget what we're seen from Frawley so far. Its impossible to look good as a half with Des as coach he put terrible stuctures in place for his havles plus he had Mbye as a partner 1 week. Reynolds as a partner the next. Then the next week he is on the bench playing 30-40 a minutes a game. It was criminal what Des did to his development. How the hell is a young half playing his first year in 1st grade meant to develop under these circumstances.

Foran will mentor Frawley and with good coaching and the right structures in place with another full preseason under his belt. I think Frawley will become a very good half. Andrew Johns says it takes a while for a half to find there feet in 1st grade.

Lichaa particular confirmed Frawley and Foran will be our havles so we may as well get behind them.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As I said forget what we're seen from Frawley so far. Its impossible to look good as a half with Des as coach he put terrible stuctures in place for his havles plus he had Mbye as a partner 1 week. Reynolds as a partner the next. Then the next week he is on the bench playing 30-40 a minutes a game. It was criminal what Des did to his development. How the hell is a young half playing his first year in 1st grade meant to develop under these circumstances.

Foran will mentor Frawley and with good coaching and the right structures in place with another full preseason under his belt. I think Frawley will become a very good half. Andrew Johns says it takes a while for a half to find there feet in 1st grade.

Lichaa particular confirmed Frawley and Foran will be our havles so we may as well get behind them.

If Frawley is picked as our number 7 I will get behind him and give him a chance but from what I seen he isn't the answer... especially as a 6

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a load of shit. Des can't be blamed for falling of tackles and at best being a speed bump in defence. The guy is fucking hopeless and he showed that time and time again.

Jackson would be a better option at 5/8 then Frawley.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Frawley is picked as our number 7 I will get behind him and give him a chance but from what I seen he isn't the answer... especially as a 6
Im pretty sure Frawley will be 7 and Foran 6 lets get behind them and hopefully they build a gun combo and kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.