Klemmer
Rfm
Jackson
Tolman

Fualalo
Elliott
Tualalo
Eastwood
Don't think Pay go for 4 forwards on the bench. I expect Brown will be there somewhere, probably on the bench. Lichaa's passing still isn't as quick as it needs to be for a finals contender so we need the utility option at stages. I reckon Pay will play Jackson at lock and probably persevere with Elliott on the edge to start with. Jackson can rotate with Fualalo for a break and both he and Tualalo should have more impact this year. I wish we had a better option at 5/8 , but if Frawley can learn to position himself better on the last and improve his long kicking, he could be OK. Foran will be good to teach him find better positions. I like your team but Eastwood or Tolman out for Brown in the 17 for me.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How is Frawley still an option. His defence made Lee look like the best tackler in the game. His strength the kicking game was beyond horrible outside of a few early games. I really hope someone else is training the house down because if Frawley is starting the season is lost before it begins.

Dunny

Waterboy
Reaction score
Tolman's wearing Klemmer's number, and Elliot just had surgery, so he's a question
My starting 17

1. Mbye
2. B Moz
3. J Moz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya

6. Foran (I think its his preferred no.)
7. Brown (Hopefully can kick goals)

8. Woods
9. Liccha
10. Klemmer

11. Jackson (c)
12. RFM
13. Tolman (just tackle tackle tackle)

14. Preist (Pay got him for a reason)
15. Tualau
16. Faulaolo
17. Elliot

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We'll see? We what? Klemmer being benched isn't even an option. It's ridiculous to even think it it is.
I didn't say that, I said that I didn't see Woods and Klemmer both starting as that lessens the impact off the bench. Previously we had Kas to fill that void.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I didn't say that, I said that I didn't see Woods and Klemmer both starting as that lessens the impact off the bench. Previously we had Kas to fill that void.
Still ridiculous. They're the Australian frontrow, yet you want to bench one of them for impact? The fuck? This is 2018. Do the Cowboys bench Taumalolo for impact? Sharks bench Fifita? Manly bench Taupau? Storm bench Jbrom? No. I could go on.

Your best forwards start because they perform better against tougher opposition for longer, that's why they're your best forwards and get extended minutes. The bench is a place for your lesser forwards because they can't match what your starting forwards do, that's why that fat **** sat there for us all game.

You need to start well, maintain that start and then finish well. It's all about maintaining that tempo over the 80 these days. Starting your best props off the bench and having them play limited minutes isn't how you win games of football.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can understand your point regarding the impact off the bench, and I guess we will miss that from Kas - although we wont miss his errors.

If, and that's a big IF - Eastwood was 100% Fit (like I said, BIG IF) rather than using Bash & Barge as an impact like with Kas, Eastwood could give us impact in the middle of the ruck late in halves with his soft hands and ball playing ability to catch out lazy forwars as they tire - Then Mbye backs him up & woooosssshhhka, Try under the posts.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see Klemmer and Woods at prop starting at same time.

Klemmer is an impact player, at his best facing opposing tired forwards.

Woods is like Tolman with an upgrade.

This all depends who slots in at lock though. I reckon it'll be Eastwood in 13, and Klemmer or Woods of bench with other starting alongside Tolman.
Are you trolling. Klemmer or Woods on the bench hahahahahaha nice one. So you can start Tolman and Eastwood hahahaha nice joke.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Excuse the long winded post but am excited by the pissible changes with Hasler gone.

7 or 6, 9, 12 and the bench are the positions seriously up for grabs IMHO.

My 17 with options

1. Mbye / B Moz
2. B Moz / Smith
3. J Moz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya / Holland
6. Foran / Cleland
7. Coggar / Hastings pls
8. Woods
9. Brown / Leicha
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson (c) / RFM / Elliot / Young Pup?
12. RFM / Elliot / Young Pup
13. Tolman / Jackson

14. Leicha / Zac
15. & 16. Eastwood / Faulaolo /Preist / Toomaga/ Tualau
17. Elliot / RFM / Martin / Toomaga / Ogden

Comments:
Our biggest weakness is the fact we do not have an NRL quality half partner for Foran and Foran is comming back from 2 years of injuries! If our season goes south it will be because of no depth in the halves. Hasler what were you thinking?

I would like to see Jackson moved to 13 and give some of our young edge backrowers a go, but dont think that will happen.

We need to give Mbye a go at 1, think it is his best position longer term, but if we cant get a better no. 7 then Mbye at 7 with BMoz at 1 is our best option, no more Frawly or Hoppa @ 1 pls.

Surly we have some other good young forwards comming through?

Think Hoppa will kill it @ centre this year

We got Brown to be a 9 and that where we should play him, with Leicher's running game as impact of the Bench. Need crisp service from 9 as a priority and Leicher does not provide an NRL level passing game.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have had a lot of promising halves over the years. But Supercoach uses Tony Williams. How stupid was that.
If the young guys dont get a go they will be gone. Cleeland particularly needs to be given a chance. He will be sensational playing with Foran.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My starting 17

1. Mbye
2. B Moz
3. J Moz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya

6. Foran (I think its his preferred no.)
7. Brown (Hopefully can kick goals)

8. Woods
9. Liccha
10. Klemmer

11. Jackson (c)
12. RFM
13. Tolman (just tackle tackle tackle)

14. Preist (Pay got him for a reason)
15. Tualau
16. Faulaolo
17. Elliot

Swap Frawley for Brown and I agree with you 100%. Not saying Brown isn't any good but I think Frawley deserves the starting spot and could learn alot from Foran. Let Tolman just tackle his guts up let the likes of Klem, Wooods, RFM, Faulaolo run riot!

N

Natboy

With no fence sitting & / / / I’m guessing
1 Mbye
2 Bmoz
3 JMoz
4 Hoppa
5 Montoya
6 Foran
7 Cogger
8 Woods
9 Lichaa
10 Klemmer
11 Jackson
12 RFM
13 Tolman (not that I want the useless ****)

14 Brown
15 Fualalo
16 Tualau
17 Gay Priest

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1 Mbye
2 Bmoz
3 JMoz
4 Hoppa
5 Montoya
6 Foran
7 Cogger
8 Woods
9 Lichaa
10 Klemmer
11 Jackson
12 RFM

14 Brown
15 Fualalo
16 Tualau
17 Gay Priest
I reckon that is pretty close to what we will have with the only question mark over whether Cogger comes or not. I also think Elliott will be a starter so that pushes someone off the bench. If we don't get Cogger then I think Frawley will be it.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So he expects mbye to go back to the halves, and bring in someone like cleeland to play fullback? Is that how im reading this? Wtf??
Had the same thought. Doesn’t make sense

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is Frawley still an option. His defence made Lee look like the best tackler in the game. His strength the kicking game was beyond horrible outside of a few early games. I really hope someone else is training the house down because if Frawley is starting the season is lost before it begins.
Frawley is in until someone in nsw cup out does him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
1 Mbye
2 Bmoz
3 JMoz
4 Hoppa
5 Montoya
6 Foran
7 Cogger
8 Woods
9 Lichaa
10 Klemmer
11 Jackson
12 RFM

14 Brown
15 Fualalo
16 Tualau
17 Gay Priest
Agreed and can actually say the 1-7 is exciting to see if Mbye can finally live up to the pay, if the Morris bros can be healthy if Cogger can be a good kid, if Foran can be the dominate player we know he can be healthy. Iffy on tolman at lock and also think Elliott will fight for a spot and Ogden. Excited to see klemmer woods and jacko have a big platform
And then guys like rfm tualau Fualalo hopefully further develop!

Fucking pumped for
18!

Also spose Eastwood could make it if healthy and if gone could see some movement in the market before June 30? Ideally I’d love to
See us just go all out for rts, Joseph Manu and Papalii in place of bmoz jmoz and Eastwood (also got graham off books then) and push Mbye to centre to replace jmoz and rts will be deadly for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.