Moses mic'd up with Lichaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa said we look alot sharper since Foran started ballwork with team. He said Foran was a freak. Very very exciting times ahead. Hopefully Foran Lichaa and Mbye form a gun long term combo for us. Klemmer Woods Jackson are signed long term also. We can bulid a team around these 6 core players. As all of them are about to enter the prime of there careers.

If our spine fires then look out. We could have success for a long period of time.

When I say success I mean winning the fucking comp in multiple years. Not just making top 4 and reaching grand finals. That isnt success. Winning the comp means success.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frawley would be the worst half in the NRL. Massive defensive liability and doesn't offer enough in attack. All he has is a solid kicking game.
You forgot his show and go. He'll pull that out three to four times a game, even if there isn't anyone to pass to for the show lol.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But i just can't ignore the fact that our ISP side improved without Frawley in the side, he's just an average player imo. Frawley can probably place a kick better than anyone else at the club, but other than that he doesn't offer anything different or better than Foran.

Foran has the better football brain, ability to manage a game and far more experience. Foran should be the halfback and render Frawley obsolete imo. Surely we need someone with a better running game to partner Foran?
I agree that Frawley has major flaws in his game. But at the same time I have seen that pay has no favourites and will change things up and pick on merit. Shame he had no influence on this team he litrally walked in.

I think with a proper structure Frawley might surprise us. I even think with a better coach Reynolds would have been a better player too :p but that’s another story.

At the end of the day if for the first 21 years of your life you hit forwards, and you get the ball with space and under haslers sysyem the dummy half does lollipop passes to a flat footed forward who passes to another forward to passes to a half it would make Thurston look shit.

I think even lichaas passes will be more crisp and give us some width with our attack instead of us continuing to hit the middle.

One thing for sure I’m expecting us to make more meters with the ball in hand, more offloads and more points this year. Because we honestly cant score any less then we did this year even if we started the game with 10 players every week.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am predicting this lineup
1 Mbye
2 B. Morris
3 Hopoate
4 J. Morris
5 Montoya
6 ............Frawley, Cleeland, Lewis
7 Foran has to be the halfback
8 Tolman
9 Lichaa
10 Klemmer
11 Elliott
12 RF Mariner
13 Jackson
14 Woods
15 Fualalo/Tualau
16 To'omaga/Priest
17 Brown/Woolford
There's no chance woods starts on the bench.
Tolman will either play lock or from the bench.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Someone here is not listening...
I said, I am predicting this lineup Not choosing !
based on these facts
Tolman ( like him or not ) is here and he is a full 80 minutes player, too slow to play lock and wouldn't offer much off the bench.
Woods could make a major impact coming off the bench
Klemmer is better suited at prop and the go forward since we lost Graham and Kasiano
Jackson or Priest could become the more mobile locks that will be needed

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
based on these facts
Tolman ( like him or not ) is here and he is a full 80 minutes player, too slow to play lock and wouldn't offer much off the bench.
Klemmer is better suited at prop and the go forward since we lost Graham and Kasiano
Tolman is not an 80 minute forward at all lol.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 12 of the 17 pick themselves.

New coach new players. Attitude in the pre-season and trial form should decide the rest of the lineup.

At this stage for Round 1 - this would be my team.

1. Moses Mbye
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Will Hopoate
5. Marcelo Montoya

6. Josh Cleeland (Matt Frawley / Lachlan Lewis)
7. Kieran Foran
8. David Klemmer
9. Michael Lichaa
10. Aaron Woods
11. Josh Jackson

12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Aiden Tolman (working hard in Defence. Minimal attack involvement. Help to reduce Lichaa's defensive workload)

14. Fa’amanu Brown (makes a perfect 14 utility)
15. Francis Taulau
16. Danny Fualalo / Clay Priest
17. Adam Elliott / Rhyse Martin

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think 12 of the 17 pick themselves.

New coach new players. Attitude in the pre-season and trial form should decide the rest of the lineup.

At this stage for Round 1 - this would be my team.

1. Moses Mbye
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Will Hopoate
5. Marcelo Montoya

6. Josh Cleeland (Matt Frawley / Lachlan Lewis)
7. Kieran Foran
8. David Klemmer
9. Michael Lichaa
10. Aaron Woods
11. Josh Jackson

12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Aiden Tolman (working hard in Defence. Minimal attack involvement. Help to reduce Lichaa's defensive workload)

14. Fa’amanu Brown (makes a perfect 14 utility)
15. Francis Taulau
16. Danny Fualalo / Clay Priest
17. Adam Elliott / Rhyse Martin
Great lineup just hope hazem can help mbyes goal kicking

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
based on these facts
Last year we played like shit and missed the finals. So we recruit an Australian starting front rower and you want to bench him for Tolman! We need Woods' quick play the balls from the start of games. Tolman offers nothing as a starting prop.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
based on these facts
Doesn’t offer anything from the bench so you think he deserves a start? Okay Des Hasler

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the line up id go with but all indictions lead to this lineup for rd1.

1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Frawley (fuck)
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson (c)
12. RFM
13. Tolman (bigger fuck)

14. Brown
15. Danny F
16. Taulau
17. Priest
Ivw changed my tune im willing to give this line up a go.

If you actually look at Frawleys pics in the preseason he looks super fit. His 24 next year I think. Andrew Johns always said it takes a half 50 odd games in 1st grade to find there feet. I know Frawley hasnt played anywhere near that yet, but with another full preseason under his belt plus the help of Foran next to him im willing to give Frawley a go.

Lets not forget he was in and out of the team on a weekly basis last season. Plus Des was the coach lol. No young half can develop under these circumstances and look good.

Hopefully with some good coaching and Foran as a mentor then Frawley might develop into a very good half.

Laugh as much as yous want but if you look at Frawleys body shape and the way he moves he actually reminds me of Darren Lockyer. If his half as good as Lockyer then we are cheering.

I know Lockyer played on the right side of the field in origin when he partnered Thurston, im guessing thats where Frawley will play. While leaving Foran on his natural left side.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

If you actually look at Frawleys pics in the preseason he looks super fit. His 24 next year I think. Andrew Johns always said it takes a half 50 odd games in 1st grade to find there feet. I know Frawley hasnt played anywhere near that yet, but with another full preseason under his belt plus the help of Foran next to him im willing to give Frawley a go.

Lets not forget he was in and out of the team on a weekly basis last season. Plus Des was the coach lol. No young half can develop under these circumstances and look good.

Hopefully with some good coaching and Foran as a mentor then Frawley might develop into a very good half.

Laugh as much as yous want but if you look at Frawleys body shape and the way he moves he actually reminds me of Darren Lockyer. If his half as good as Lockyer then we are cheering.

I know Lockyer played on the right side of the field in origin when he partnered Thurston, im guessing thats where Frawley will play. While leaving Foran on his natural left side.

He will not be anywhere near half as good as Lockyer keep dreaming, his body shape and the way he plays is nothing like Lockyer lol

One is a short halfback the other is a lanky type fullback who had the skill to become a 5/8.

If anything abbey has the body shape and playing style of Lockyer..

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will not be anywhere near half as good as Lockyer keep dreaming, his body shape and the way he plays is nothing like Lockyer lol

One is a short halfback the other is a lanky type fullback who had the skill to become a 5/8.

Frawley isnt short do your research.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Frawley is bigger than you think. He wouldn't be far off 6 feet in the old currency and is pretty solid. He certainly is fit - like all the others.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree and think frawley will surprise alot of people ,remember this post for when he kills it during the season

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
While I am sure Pay would be comfortable shifting around some of the fringe players I really don't think (unless there is an injury) he will make major changes to the pack and backline generally. Lee is gone, Hoppa is in Mbye takes his spot. All of that adds up to one spot being available in the halves. Graham goes, Woods comes in. Starting pack doesn't change. Benchies? Yes there will be a bit of a shuffle there, but I think most of Pay's efforts will be between their ears during the off season, playing footy instead of strategy. As the season goes on he may make some more significant changes but I can't see tolman not starting and I wouldn't be surprised if Klem is either lock or on the bench so we continue to have firepower when Woodsey gets a spell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
While I am sure Pay would be comfortable shifting around some of the fringe players I really don't think (unless there is an injury) he will make major changes to the pack and backline generally. Lee is gone, Hoppa is in Mbye takes his spot. All of that adds up to one spot being available in the halves. Graham goes, Woods comes in. Starting pack doesn't change. Benchies? Yes there will be a bit of a shuffle there, but I think most of Pay's efforts will be between their ears during the off season, playing footy instead of strategy. As the season goes on he may make some more significant changes but I can't see tolman not starting and I wouldn't be surprised if Klem is either lock or on the bench so we continue to have firepower when Woodsey gets a spell.
So you want to bench the starting Australian frontrow...for Tolman? Lol okay.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So you want to bench the starting Australian frontrow...for Tolman? Lol okay.
A couple of things. Klemm came off the bench for all but one of his Australian games so he is a benchie. More importantly though I said that I don't think Pay is going to tinker with the senior players very much. That's my observation. He's coming in and needs the support of the senior playing group to get the job done. Tolman is one of the most senior players in the team and was VC this year. So I think that Pay will either leave Tolman at 8 and Klemm at 13 or swap them around. The only other option that would make sense is to bench Klemm, keep Tolman at 8 and bring in another lock. I think that is the less likely option but more likely than benching Tolman. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.