Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs predicted Round 1 line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs fans will be very eager to see exactly what new coach Dean Pay's plans are for this squad, with halfback Moses Mbye reported to be shifted to fullback to spark the attack.

Big-name recruits Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods will be swept into the starting 13 while 2017 fullback Will Hopoate appears set for a return to the centres. Nu Brown's all-round utility should jag him a bench spot as the back-up hooker but up-and-comers Josh Cleeland (five-eighth) and Zac Woolford (hooker) will be putting their names in the frame.

Greg Eastwood's ongoing fitness issues seem likely to ensure he won't be in the team for round one.

Resident NRL.com expert Jamie Soward says:

"Interesting Moses Mbye going to fullback. Probably the most contested position throughout the year will be the seven. Fa'amanu Brown and Matt Frawley – can Matt Frawley live up to what he produced in his first month of football, controlling, game management, putting the ball in the right spots?

"When he came back for his second stint off the bench it wasn't as impressive and the Dogs' attack lacked a bit of imagination. With the forward pack you'd have to hope they'll get in good field position, then it's whether they can score points.

"A guy like Kieran Foran straightens up the attack, Moses Mbye is a threat at the attack. I won't be too surprised if at some stage Moses moves back to seven and they try and bring someone in and Cleeland or one of these young guys gets a go.

"I watched Cleeland closely in that [Intrust Super Premiership] semi-final against Penrith – he's going to have to bide his time and keep excelling. Dean Pay's going to need time – unfortunately they're one of those clubs that don't have a lot of time but he'll need time to get the squad of youngsters he wants coming through."

NRL.com's predicted Round 1 team:

1 Moses Mbye, 2 Brett Morris, 3 Josh Morris, 4 Will Hopoate, 5 Marcelo Montoya, 6 Kieran Foran, 7 Matt Frawley, 8 Aaron Woods, 9 Michael Lichaa, 10 Aiden Tolman, 11 Josh Jackson, 12 Adam Elliott, 13 David Klemmer. Interchange: 14 Fa'amanu Brown, 15 Danny Fualalo, 16 Raymond Faitala-Mariner, 17 Francis Tualau. Reserves: 18 Clay Priest, 19 Josh Cleeland, 20 Reimis Smith, 21 Rhyse Martin

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/12/26/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs-predicted-round-1-line-up/

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman's wearing Klemmer's number, and Elliot just had surgery, so he's a question mark

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Halfback, one backrow spot and Bench leave abit to desired

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1 Moses Mbye, 2 Brett Morris, 3 Josh Morris, 4 Will Hopoate, 5 Marcelo Montoya, 6 Josh Cleeland, 7 Kieran Foran, 8 Aaron Woods, 9 Michael Lichaa, 10 David Klemmer, 11 Raymond Faitala-Mariner, 12 Rhyse Martin, 13 Josh Jackson.

Interchange: 14 Fa'amanu Brown, 15 Danny Fualalo, 16 Francis Tualau, 17 Aiden Tolman.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 Moses Mbye, 2 Brett Morris, 3 Josh Morris, 4 Will Hopoate, 5 Marcelo Montoya, 6 Josh Cleeland, 7 Kieran Foran, 8 Aaron Woods, 9 Michael Lichaa, 10 David Klemmer, 11 Raymond Faitala-Mariner, 12 Rhyse Martin, 13 Josh Jackson.

Interchange: 14 Fa'amanu Brown, 15 Danny Fualalo, 16 Francis Tualau, 17 Aiden Tolman.
Just about got it right. I would swap some positions
1) Hopoate.
2) Morris.
3) Morris.
4) Mbye.
5) Montoya.
6) Foran.
7) Cleeland
8) Woods.
9) Lichaa.
10) Klemmer.
11) Martin.
12) Jackson.
13) Tolman
14) RFM.
15) Fualolo.
16) Brown.
17) Taulau.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL.com expert Jamie Soward, fkn lol. Expert what, milker or sook.
I have to say that i always hated Soward on the field, what a turd, but i can tell you off the field he is a bloody nice guy and has done a lot of good for people that goes unnoticed.
It hurt me to see what a champion guy he was off the field because he was such a you know what on it.
Anyway just wanted to give the guy credit for his actions.

Having said all that, that article was hopeless...hahaha

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have to expect that the first few games will be hit and miss as the combinations settle in. If we are allowed a bit of luck (for a change) we will have set the team from game one and just build on its success throughout the season. I'm prepared for a few poor games initially, but feel more positive than I have for some years. The halves is the big test.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
So he expects mbye to go back to the halves, and bring in someone like cleeland to play fullback? Is that how im reading this? Wtf??

Reactions: CCC

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't accept this tbh.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see Klemmer and Woods at prop starting at same time.

Klemmer is an impact player, at his best facing opposing tired forwards.

Woods is like Tolman with an upgrade.

This all depends who slots in at lock though. I reckon it'll be Eastwood in 13, and Klemmer or Woods of bench with other starting alongside Tolman.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

This all depends who slots in at lock though. I reckon it'll be Eastwood in 13, and Klemmer or Woods of bench with other starting alongside Tolman.
No lol.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Id go
1 mybe
2 bmoz
3 jmoz
4 hoppa
5 montoya
6 brown
7 foran
8 woods
9 lichaa
10 klem
11 jacko
12 elliot
13 priest

14 tolman
15 fualo
16 fataila mariner
17 eastwood if fit or ryse martin

Bring on the hate ha ha

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My starting 17

1. Mbye
2. B Moz
3. J Moz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya

6. Foran (I think its his preferred no.)
7. Brown (Hopefully can kick goals)

8. Woods
9. Liccha
10. Klemmer

11. Jackson (c)
12. RFM
13. Tolman (just tackle tackle tackle)

14. Preist (Pay got him for a reason)
15. Tualau
16. Faulaolo
17. Elliot

Status